Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: XL - PARTY TIME!!! - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54588/t1767124-xl-party-time/11.htm

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: XL - PARTY TIME!!!
-------------------------------------------
AWW HELL YES!

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
quote hiigaran
AWW HELL YES!
NO!

Your tastes = shit

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:10am (PST)
NO! YOUR OPINION IS WRONG

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
MY OPINION IS RIGHT!

Original Owl City > than any cover!

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:15am (PST)

engys word is law!

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:23am (PST)

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:37am (PST)

Socks, you say? How about EAR SOCKS?!

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:39am (PST)
you are one thread too late!

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
First Round, Battle 3 - SUPERWALNUT Vs. MOM

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
string covers > originals

thats a fact.
Trying to impress Octavia I see. Inb4youdon'tneedtoimpressherwhichisalie.

I knew Mom was going to win, but I didn't expect her Ice Climbers to own Superwalnut's Luigi that bad.

Also Owl City huh? I like Fireflies ofc and there were like two other songs I really liked too I think. I think I have an album of his, I think the first one. It's a pretty good album, but I don't remember too much of it. Changing his name to just Adam Young would be cool, but Owl City is a pretty cool name.

....I need my computer back. Router come sooner! :< ITUNES COME BACK TO MEEEEEEEEE TOO!

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
New pet peeve: people who automatically write off anything "mainstream" as garbage. Also, the use of "indie" as a genre. Indie, so far as I understand, simply refers to any artist not signed to a major record label. If I'm wrong, then can someone please explain to me the defining characteristics of this "indie genre"?

I personally listen to rock, country, some pop, a few bands of [adjective] metal, some classical, and just generally whatever I happen to like at any given time. Favorite bands include Poets of the Fall, Trans Siberian Orchestra, and more others than I've got the time to list. PotF and TSO are just a couple of the standouts.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:23pm (PST)
quote Charlie
ive already impressed her. why do you think she lives with me?

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:37pm (PST)
quote Auron Blade
New pet peeve: people who automatically write off anything "mainstream" as garbage. Also, the use of "indie" as a genre. Indie, so far as I understand, simply refers to any artist not signed to a major record label. If I'm wrong, then can someone please explain to me the defining characteristics of this "indie genre"?
I myself only used the word "mainstream" because it's usually what people call all the artists like Lil' Wayne all over the radio and etc. A lot of people judge a genre off of what's play off of the radio and stuff which is the most stupid thing you can do ever. I really dislike people like that.

I like mainstream anyways. Saying it's ALL garbage is pretty dumb too. But idc, I like a lot of it so it doesn't really matter much to me! :3 But uhhhh, people still listen to radio stations daily? I do I'm in a car, at the gym sometimes, or something.

I don't think I'd ever take my iPod and headphones to the gym to block everyone out, so if there is a radio that is fine. But errr maybe I will sometimes. Yes some people are antisocial like that, but if someone was trying to get my attention they might have to come up and tap me on the shoulder, and it would throw me off! I don't need music to focus while exercising anyways. If I'm with other people I like to talk to them too ofc, people who put on their headphones while hanging out with friends are rude lol. Then you're just like "HUH?" over and over. Putting them on around your parents, annoying people, or family members sometimes is another story though. Though friends can get annoying sometimes too........:>

YAY INDIEINDIEINDIE!

quote hiigaran
quote Charlie
ive already impressed her. why do you think she lives with me?
Living with you? OH THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

Sounds weird. THE HOR THE HOR! (The whore the whore!)

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:41pm (PST)
you better not be accusing her of being one! she is a lady, like rarity, except not a bitch!

EDIT: zecora lives with Charlie because black jokes

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
Auron Blade - Yeah, technically speaking 'indie' is just short for 'independent'. In the case of games though, it's getting blurred a bit since the type of games indie developers are producing are now popular in the mainstream. 'Indie' type games are being published by bigger companies now, in some cases. You could just call them 'retro' styled games though. So yeah, sometimes the term is being bastardized to refer to games with low budgets, quirky style, and (sometimes) retro difficulty.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.