Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New characters and their moveset - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1769636-new-characters-moveset/3.htm

Author:   Chuckya
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 6:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: New characters and their moveset
-------------------------------------------
quote Swampasaur
That's pretty cool.
Thanks

quote Swampasaur
But we already had tons of fans screaming because he was a boss. He's the next important character in the series aside from Samus herself. Why not make him playable? He's already on the most wanted list for hundreds of fans already.
You have a point there... I guess he could be "shrank" and move on the field in the way CHARIZARD does. Have any ides for the moveset?
Here is one :

RIDLEY MOVESET

B - Fusion Ball : spits a rechargeable Fire Ball, comparable to Samus' Plamsa Beam but does fire effects and an explosive effect when fully recharged... also takes more time to recharge.

B side - Fire breath : A brief fire breath that can not be maintained like Bowser's or CHARIZARD's but is more powerful and has a knockback

B down - Tail cutter : Swings it's tail on both sides and does cutting damage to nearby enemies. The knockback is not powerful at all, but does damage a lot.

B up - Floor stomp : He jumps in the air, where he stays for a brief moment then goes down really fast and slams the ground with his whole weight. Kinda like DeDeDe's B up but goes down really fast, which is good when you use it as an attack.. but as a third jump, it is kinda risky like Ike's Ether.

Final Smash - Terror appearing : He does it in Super Metroid when you have to escape the blowing base at the beginning of the game. Kinda like Falcon's Final Smash, enemies nearby stay where they are when the FS is activated and Ridley flies from the background quickly and tackles them and knocks them back.

Yeah you pretty much convinced me, Ridley HAS TO BE a playable character in the next SSB. You can have Kraid as a Boss in the adventure mode

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 6:04am (PST)
Good moveset but I think two fire attacks are enough.
My version of ridleys moveset would be:
B:Fireball:
Ridley spits a fireball,if the move isn't charged he can spit several of them in a row,but they are extremely weak and fall quickly to the ground.it can also be charged(the charging can be kept similar to samus special move)to fire a bigger,but slower fire ball.

[b]:ridley grip:
Ridley attacks with his claws,opponents close to him are grapped and ridley can fly around with them for a short time,damaging them,while flying.Enemies who are a little bit more away are simply damged.

B^:Jump stomp:
He jumps into the air and then clashes on the ground.

Bv:Tail slap:
He stings with his tail in front of him.If the move is used in the air he will attack downwards,targeting enemies under him.

Final smash:Meta ridley:
Ridley turns into meta-ridley,improving his special attacks,heals some damage, and prevents him from flinching(he still takes damage)
His normal special move becomes the plasma-breath,a strong laser beam fired from his mouth.
When he uses his side-b he rushes forwards until he hits an enemy damaging the enemy and grappling it.
His upB engulfes his claws in flames and creates a fire wave when he lands on the ground and his down-B creates a blue aura around his tail,giving the move more power and more reach.
Of course this form doesn't last forever,after some seconds he reverts back to his regular form.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 11:22am (PST)
Nice thinking for the Final Smash, BlueLore, although I would actually change Ridley's moveset, more likely making him stronger and unknockable, like Giga Bower.
I thought using my B side Fire breath attack as a B down instead and using your B side attack (Ridley Grip).
The tail can be used for regular attacks and Smashes.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:54pm (PST)
My Ridley moveset idea:

B - Fire ball: Ridley shoots fire out of his mouth. It can be chargable, getting bigger when charged more. If its fully charged, it blows up when it hits someone.

B> - Dash: He does the same thing in Brawl. He dashes forward really quickly, damaging people who are in the way.

B^ - Fly: Does the same thing as Charizard in Brawl, but without the fire.

Bv - Tail: Ridley extends his tail in front of him, trying to stab someone. If the player uses it in the air, Ridley extends his tail diagonally downwards.

Does anyone like this moveset?

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 10:44am (PST)
quote PwnageMaster67
My Ridley moveset idea:

B - Fire ball: Ridley shoots fire out of his mouth. It can be chargable, getting bigger when charged more. If its fully charged, it blows up when it hits someone.

B> - Dash: He does the same thing in Brawl. He dashes forward really quickly, damaging people who are in the way.

B^ - Fly: Does the same thing as Charizard in Brawl, but without the fire.

Bv - Tail: Ridley extends his tail in front of him, trying to stab someone. If the player uses it in the air, Ridley extends his tail diagonally downwards.

Does anyone like this moveset?

I kinda like the precisions you maid in the B down move. It'(ll be a good idea to add the tail diagonally stuff when in the air.

I would also combine your idea of the B side with BlueLore's. He could dash towards an enemy and then grab him.. which would kinda resemble to Ganodorf's move.

I don't really like the B up move... I kinda prefer mine, since Ridley actually does it in many games.

What do you think about the Final Smash? Do you like my idea better or BlueLore's? Do you have any idea of a Final Smash yourself?

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 12:41pm (PST)
Meta Ridley is better FS.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 3:09pm (PST)
^ This.

And I don't think have played any Metroid games where Ridley jumps and stomps. Minus Brawl.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 5:28am (PST)
ridley does it in metroid prime 1,even though he also set his feet on fire and created a shockwave when doing it.
I am not sure if he does it in every version of the game,I think I've read somewhere,that the move was absent from the Gamecube-NTSC version of the game or something like that,but I might be wrong about it.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 5:28pm (PST)
"Classic Donkey Kong"

Moves to include Barrel toss, ground pound, and a health drain grab. Any more Ideas? When I say Classic I'm saying Donkey Kong from the Atari 2600 era .

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 5:32pm (PST)
quote CAGarber
Donkey Kong from the Atari 2600 era .
Wat?

You mean arcade days right?

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
yes. this guy

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
quote CAGarber
yes. this guy

Yeah I know, but I think he was out in the arcades before Atari was out.

Not sure.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 5:53pm (PST)
quote Swampasaur
quote CAGarber
yes. this guy

Not sure.
I'll tell you for sure he was in the arcades first, Should have just put the pic up in the first place

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
quote CAGarber
quote Swampasaur
quote CAGarber
yes. this guy

Not sure.
I'll tell you for sure he was in the arcades first, Should have just put the pic up in the first place

That's not what I'm talking about.... I know Donkey Kong was an arcade game. I've played it...

I mean his arcade game came out before the Atari....

Author:   MrVideoGames
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 7:15pm (PST)
quote Chuckya
There is also another character that may be included in SSB4 is Paper Mario, but with a completely different moveset that Mario.

PAPER MARIO MOVESET

B - Hammer : You may charge it up (an icon appears behind Paper Mario and if you release B when it turns red, the hit does more damage.

B side - Koops : Paper Mario hits with the shell of his Koopa friend, Koops, doesn't make much damage, but has a good Knockback.

B down - Boomer : Leaves the pixl Boomer from Super Paper Mario and you may either wait for him to blow and make damage like Links Bombs or activate it like Snake's B down.

B up - Parakarry : The paratroopa from Paper Mario carries Paper Mario in the air a certain time (like Snake's B up).

Final Smash - Fire Flower : Puts a fire flower from Paper Mario on the ground and it throws fire balls at enemies in front. The background changes like a theatre scene, the way it does during a battle in the original game. The public then throws healing objects (food, hearts, M tomatoes) at the battlefield.

What do you think?
Not Bad! This sounds like a perfect one! But why not Paper Luigi? Because of his Super Jump.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.