Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New characters and their moveset - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1769636-new-characters-moveset/

Author:   Chuckya
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 8:23am (PST)
Subject:   New characters and their moveset
-------------------------------------------
Hi Smasher!
I'll start with a character and his potential moveset then you comment and make a proposition

I'm first gonna start with BOWSER JR.
There are several reasons why he should be included in the next SSB.
1 - He is one of the most wanted by the clients and a company will do everything to make a better business.
2 - Like METAKNIGHT from the Kirby series, BOWSER JR. is a secondary antagonist in the Mario series and has appeared in many games since Super Mario Sunshine.
3 - He has a natural moveset that could be potentially used in an original way in SSB4, this is how I predict his moveset :

B -
FIREBALL : projects a fireball that can be recharged (from New Super Mario Bros.)
Bforward -
KOOPA SHELL : projects a Koopa Shell that may be used as the object that already appears in the serie (from New Super Mario Bros.)
Bdown -
JUNIOR BOMB : Pretty much like his fathers but quicker and less powerful (from Yoshi's Island - although it is not Jr but his father as a baby)
Bup -
JUNIOR CLOWN CAR : The koopa clown car originally appears in Super Mario World and is used by BOWSER. His eight son also possesses a Clown Car that he may use as a third jump (much like SNAKE'S) (from New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Final Smash -
MAGIC PAINTBRUSH : BOWSER JR. equips himself with Dr E. Gadd's paintbrush which gives him invincibility, bigger strengh with random effects while hitting with it (poison, fire, freeze...) and a bigger range. When done, as you would probably expect, he turnes into SHADOW MARIO, much like SAMUS turning into ZERO SUIT SAMUS after the Final Smash.

Jope you enjoyed it, your turn!

Author:   timeshine
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: New characters and their moveset
^ Final smash doesn't sound like it would fit well. (invincibility should not be present could be like giga bowser no knockback and shadown mario doesn't sound good)

Fiora (Xenoblade)

B- (mag storm) Deals damage in an area surrounding her (similar to zelda but without reflecting projectiles) hold for increased damage and radius
B side- (air fang) 2 hit combo slashing attack (mechanically similar to marths)
B down- (Double Blade) Downward slash attack (similar to yoshi and bowser b down but stops before impact with ground or foe ie; set distance)
B up- Slash dash attack similar to fox's but with shorter channel and increased speed

Final smash (cannon/gun/sword drones)- Changes depending on color.
Cannon- giant blast (think samus)
Gun- Explosive blasts surrounding her
Sword- 10 hit slash attack (think link)

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
Hi timeshine!

R.O.B's Final Smash is invincibility and greater strength. That's how I imagine BOWSER JR.'s Final Smash as well.

Xenoblade is a recent game, that is the first of it's serie (I think) and is neither developed by Nintendo nor Namco Bandai. There is therefore, in my opinion, no chance that a character like Fiora could be included in the next SSB.

I think including SHADOW MARIO as a newcomer isn't a bad idea if BOWSER JR. is included. I have an idea for his moveset :

B-
BLOB : Like MARIO had fireballs, the shadow one throws poison balls (from Super Mario Sunshine). If it does not touch the enemy, it turns into a Blob; kinda like DEDEDE's B forward.
Bforward -
BRUSH : Hit's with the paintbrush creating random type of damage (fire, freeze, poison...) kinda like MR. GAME&WATCH's B forward.
Bdown-
SPIN : In Super Mario Sunshine when you jump by turning the joystick before, it does a spin jump. SHADOW MARIO may use it as LUIGI's B down.
Bup-
THRID JUMP : Does a salto similar to SAMUS' Bup.
Final Smash -
MECHA BOWSER : Kinda like SNAKE's Final, you use Mecha Bowser behind the battle field and shoot Bullet Bills at enemies. Then you gain back the field as BOWSER JR.

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:05pm (PST)
Isaac ( Golden Sun )

Ok here's Isaac and his moveset

B: Earthquake

Hold B, then Isaac casts Earthquake

[B]: Ragnorok

Isaac casts Ragnorok, then a giant sword from the sky at his opponent

Bv: Grand Gaia

Like Ike's Ether, hold B and down to cast the Grand Gaia psynergy

B^: Teleport Lapis

Like Zelda's Farore's wind, the Teleport psynergy allows Isaac to teleport to safety.

Final Smash: Oddysey

Kind of like Link's Triforce Slash and Ike's Great Ether combined, Isaac casts Oddesey, then six swords trap whoever gets caught in it, then Isaac leaps up and dives down with a giant sword downward on to the opponent slamming him or her into the ground.

I like the Bowser Jr ideas, the Mecha Bowser final smash is a awesome idea

Another thing they could do let us control the Mecha Bowser, kind of like how we could control Giga Bowser.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:46pm (PST)
I made this suggestion awhile ago on the Impossible Characters thread: What about Megaman Model A? The moveset I thought for him/her is

B - Mega Buster: Works like Samus' cannon, but he can move while shooting and it charges much slower

B> - Homing Shot: A beam appears in front of Grey/Ashe and whoever touches the beam gets locked on. (If that makes sense) If the player lets go of B, Grey/Ashe shoots the beam at all the characters who got locked on

Bv - Transform: Grey/Ashe transform into 1 of 14 transformations (Very unlikely, but a guy can dream)

B^ - Boost Jump: Grey/Ashe dash upward, jumping much higher than before

Author:   timeshine
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 10:44pm (PST)
quote Chuckya
Xenoblade is a recent game, that is the first of it's serie (I think) and is neither developed by Nintendo nor Namco Bandai. There is therefore, in my opinion, no chance that a character like Fiora could be included in the next SSB.

I think including SHADOW MARIO as a newcomer isn't a bad idea if BOWSER JR. is included. I have an idea for his moveset :
Monolith soft is a first party developer for nintendo who owns about 96%. The company that previously owned them was namco bandai so, while chance will be low (especially for fiora as it would probably be shulk) there is still a chance. And that was more of what I wanted.

Didn't know about rob being invincible sorta forgot about him. On the shadow mario thing its mainly the fact that bowser jr. turns into shadow mario and I personally don't think that should be the case.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 5:19am (PST)
My bowser jr. moveset would be:
B:Fire ball:
Jr.spits a fire ball,the ball explodes in a small explosion(doesn't deal much damage) after a short time,setting the ground on fire for a few seconds,damging enemies who walk on it.

[b]:koopa shell:
Jr.throws a koopa shell that can be used like regular ones,sometimes he'll throw a red shell which is stronger

B^:brush tornado:
He whirles with his paint brush to fly upwards

Bv:Shell retreat:
He retreats into his shell for a short time,during that time he is invincible,similar to shiggy when using the side b.
Enemies who touch his spikes on the back are damaged

Final smash:Clown car:
he summons a bowsers clown car and flies around with it.
The clown car can spit big bombs that can be rolled around if someone moves against them.
People who touch the rotor of the clown car are damaged as well
The car is also equipped with boxing gloves(from NSMBWU) which it can use to punch others.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:46am (PST)
Rob wasn't invincible, just sayin'.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:50am (PST)
BlueLore, I like your idea of BOWSER JR.'s Shell Retreat attack, although I'd rather use the Clown car as a B-up and the brush as a Final Smash.

PwnageMaster67, MEGAMAN could be great in the next SSB, but I think the chances are minor considering the fact that even Capcom abandoned him in Marvel vs. Capcom.

GaTheZakk, ISAAC is definitely a good idea. Although he appears in one game, the game it self is popular and he just doesn't deserve to be an Aid Trophey.

As you guys probably noticed, Nintendo always surprises us by adding a character from classic Nintendo games that is not really a character : MR.GAME&WATCH and R.O.B.
Ever heard of NESTER, from Nintendo Power?
He makes an appearance in Virtual Bowling on the Virtual Boy (which sucks) but he is in fact just the mascot of the Magazine franchise. I think he could be the new "unexpected character".

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 9:06am (PST)
About NESTER again, since he doesn't have a real moveset and kinda used to represent the Nintendo franchise. He might have the attacks of the main Nintendo characters that are in my opinion : MARIO, LINK, DONKEY KONG and PIKACHU.

B-
THUNDER : His T-Shirt turns yellow and shoots Thunder just like PIKACHU does.
Bforward -
HEADBLAST : T-Shirt turns brow, and does the DONKEY KONG Bforward headblast.
Bdown-
BOMB : T-Shirt turns green and, just like LINK does, NESTER get's a bomb that he may through on enemies.
Bup-
MARIO JUMP : T Shirt turns red and, same as MARIO's B-up
Final Smash -
VIRTUAL BOWLING : Screen turns red and NESTER throws bowling balls at others by controlling him.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 4:51pm (PST)
quote Chuckya
BlueLore, I like your idea of BOWSER JR.'s Shell Retreat attack, although I'd rather use the Clown car as a B-up and the brush as a Final Smash.

PwnageMaster67, MEGAMAN could be great in the next SSB, but I think the chances are minor considering the fact that even Capcom abandoned him in Marvel vs. Capcom.

GaTheZakk, ISAAC is definitely a good idea. Although he appears in one game, the game it self is popular and he just doesn't deserve to be an Aid Trophey.

As you guys probably noticed, Nintendo always surprises us by adding a character from classic Nintendo games that is not really a character : MR.GAME&WATCH and R.O.B.
Ever heard of NESTER, from Nintendo Power?
He makes an appearance in Virtual Bowling on the Virtual Boy (which sucks) but he is in fact just the mascot of the Magazine franchise. I think he could be the new "unexpected character".
I also thought about jr using his clown car as an up-b and maybe replace another special move with a paint brush attack,but I thought that having two clown cars in the moveset was too much and I didn't want to scrap the koopa clown car as a final smash,since jr.is using the mini clown car fairly often recently and I wanted him to use some kind of machine as a final smash(since he fights in almost every game with some kind of machine or vehicle),so bowsers clown car seemed to fit,as it is the most iconic vehicle(I also considered an airship attack,but didn't include it)

Nester is indeed similar to rob and G&W,but I doubt they'll include him,because he is simply too unknown,even compared to rob and G&W and he also doesn't look ....uh ....."weird" enough,many people would probably think he is just some random guy

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 5:31pm (PST)
Isaac appears in three games, just sayin'.

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 1:26am (PST)
quote BlueLore
Nester is indeed similar to rob and G&W,but I doubt they'll include him,because he is simply too unknown,even compared to rob and G&W and he also doesn't look ....uh ....."weird" enough,many people would probably think he is just some random guy
Yeah I thought about Nester having kind of a "to simple" design. What do you think? About G&W and R.O.B kind of characters, who could be the next?

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 7:11am (PST)
Little Mac, just sayin'.

Isn't this getting annoying?

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
I figured out a good Ashley moveset

B: Magic Beams, like the ones Magikoopas use

[B]: Red, she throws Red at her opponents

Bv: Plantaloonus Gigantigus, she summons a parahna plant to chomp or whip her opponents with its vines or jaws, the longer B and down is charged up, the bigger the parahna plant.

B^: Broomstick, she gets on her broomstick and glides to safety, can also be used as a weapon

Final Smash: Grant All Players To Hell, she sings Ashley's song backwards and everyone cought in the soundwave is casted in a abyss of fire and darkness.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.