Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Giga Bowser - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1759561-giga-bowser/2.htm

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 1:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Giga Bowser
-------------------------------------------
I kind of like the idea of playing as him outside the final smash because he shouldn't invincible, no character in this game should be invincible Gotenks.

Not even Ganon himself is invincible because I get koed when I play as him, but I just respawn and keep playing because like I said no character could ever be, nor should they ever be invincible so they can't be koed

What I'm acually saying is in Melee he was beatable which was fair game and playing as Bowser with a alternate costume would make Bowser look cool altnd have though Giga Bowser would be the same size as Bowser and have the same status since it's just a alternate costume and costumes don't power character up.

Sure the invincble form of Giga Bowser could still be there for the final smash and what I was thinking was if we were using a Giga Bowser costume for Bowser it would look like Giga Bowser powering up into a gigantic invincible version of himself.

Sure regular Bowser looks cool doing the transformation, but I just think it would be cool to see a Giga Bowser the same size as regular Bowser turn into his giant invincible Giga Bowser final smash.

I think Giga Bowser being a boss exclusive character would be a bit degrading because I want to play as him and I don't want him to be like he was in Melee when he wasn't playable.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 2:58pm (PST)
yeah but even though he wasn't invincible in melee,he was still overpowered.
And a regular sized giga bowser wouldn't be either of these(at least if bowser isn't overpowered as hell in the next game xD)...

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:12pm (PST)
Bowser doesn't need an alternate costume of Giga Bowser to look cool. Bowser already looks awesome. He looks much better in the Smash Brother games than he does in the actual Mario games as they put more detail in his design in these games. He doesn't need an alt costume of Giga at all. Giga Bowser can either remain as his Final Smash or they could throw him back into an Event Match or even into the Adventure Mode and have him be an overpowered boss like he was meant to be for these games.

I don't mind that I can't play as Giga Bowser. I don't need to play as every character they throw in the game even if they are NPC. If they did that, I'd want to play as Tingle or a Goomba.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:21pm (PST)
Tingle or Goomba, Gotenks?

I agree that Bowser does look better in these games than the Mario games. 10-15 seconds of his final smash isn't enough?

Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 9:00am (PST)
You're right about one thing, Bowser does look better in Super Smash Bros games than he does in Mario games, but Giga Bowser not being playable at all to me would suck especially if he's a npc boss character for the cpu to rub it in everyone's face.

That's like in Brawl with Ridley, I thought it was rediculous we couldn't unlock him as a playable character by defeating him in that boss battle and the stupid cpu being able to play as him just rubbed it in everyone's face.

Sometimes I wish boss battles weren't introduced to the Super Smash Bros series because if they are going to put npc characters in then I'd rather they use them as assist trophies or at least let us unlock bosses as assist trophies when we beat them for the first time.

I technically want the Giga Bowser alternative costume for Bowser just so that if I want to play as Giga Bowser in a match up were all the items are switched off and Giga Bowser is the same size as Bowser and he isn't overpowered because he has the same stats as the normal Bowser then I could use him.

What about some of Bowser's moves?

I don't like [B] bodyslam move, I would like that one to be replaced

I was thinking to replace it with that big punching move that he uses in Inside Story and Mario Galaxy 2.

Also replace the down taunt Gay Bowser dance with some more furocious, like maybe the laugh he does in Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, I always liked when he laughed in that game.

All the other moves are good

Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
Hm....tough to call on that one Quixotic. Can I go with one of the useless Subspace Emissary enemies to play as?

I don't see how it is rubbing it in anyones face if they are adding NPC characters to a game. They make a game with a certain amount of characters that you play as and then they add in others for bosses. They do it with every game. While I would love to have Ridley as a playable character. Giga Bowser, Rayquaza, Duon, Tabuu, etc are all fine as boss characters as they work great as boss characters.

That makes no sense that you want to see some of the boss characters as Assist Trophies. You don't get to use the Assist Trophies like you do the actual playable characters in the game and you get to actually fight the boss characters. Boss Battles was a great mode to have and it should return.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 11:04pm (PST)
Sure Gotenks. There's many to choose from.

If Bowser had to have an alternate costume, I'd like to see Dry Bowser.

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
quote Quixotic
If Bowser had to have an alternate costume, I'd like to see Dry Bowser.
That and Dark Bowser from M&L: BIS

quote GaTheZakk
Also replace the down taunt Gay Bowser dance with some more furocious
It's ferocious. Not furocious. And Bowser's dance taunt is the best one he has.

Zakk. If Giga Bowser was a character he would too overpowered. If he was scaled down and balanced, then he would lose all his appeal and people would just play as Bowser.Keeping him as a boss character or Final Smash exclusive gives him a certain novelty that he would lose if he were just a normal character.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:22am (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
You're right about one thing, Bowser does look better in Super Smash Bros games than he does in Mario games, but Giga Bowser not being playable at all to me would suck especially if he's a npc boss character for the cpu to rub it in everyone's face.

That's like in Brawl with Ridley, I thought it was rediculous we couldn't unlock him as a playable character by defeating him in that boss battle and the stupid cpu being able to play as him just rubbed it in everyone's face.

Sometimes I wish boss battles weren't introduced to the Super Smash Bros series because if they are going to put npc characters in then I'd rather they use them as assist trophies or at least let us unlock bosses as assist trophies when we beat them for the first time.

I technically want the Giga Bowser alternative costume for Bowser just so that if I want to play as Giga Bowser in a match up were all the items are switched off and Giga Bowser is the same size as Bowser and he isn't overpowered because he has the same stats as the normal Bowser then I could use him.

What about some of Bowser's moves?

I don't like [B] bodyslam move, I would like that one to be replaced

I was thinking to replace it with that big punching move that he uses in Inside Story and Mario Galaxy 2.

Also replace the down taunt Gay Bowser dance with some more furocious, like maybe the laugh he does in Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, I always liked when he laughed in that game.

All the other moves are good
I still don't agree with the costume idea,a tiny giga bowser would simply look not impressive enough.

I also think bowsers side-special should be replaced because it isn't based on anything as far as i know.
The punching move however sounds kinda lame,I think he should be able to turn into a spiked ball,like he does in super mario galaxy and bowsers inside story.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:52am (PST)
Could they at least make Giga Bowser as a final smash, able to appear as Dry Giga Bowser or Dark Giga Bowser?

Also could they make Giga Bowser in the final smash state able to use items?

I wanna see cool things happen when Bowser turns into Giga Bowser as a final smash such as becoming Metal Giga Bowser, Giant Giga Bowser, throw a pokeball, use a assist trophy, just to see Giga Bowser go crazy with items.

He was able to use them in Melee and I was disapointed in Brawl that he couldn't use items and it was also lame if Giga Bowser appeared in a Metal Brawl that he wasn't Metal Giga Bowser.

Also give us more time to play as the final smash form, at least a minute would be good if not then half a minute.

give us more time then 15 seconds although I'll take 15 seconds over not being able to have him at all, but still, would a minute of being Giga Bowser in the final smash be too much time to ask?

I'll stick with my Giga Bowser costume idea, it doesn't hurt to wish they'd put it, but it's no doubt in my mind that when it comes to costumes for Bowser, they'd put Dry Bowser and Dark Bowser for sure and they'd do that before considering a Giga Bowser costume, like I said it's just a costume I wish they'd put in, I acually don't expect it to be put in.

Although I'll be expecting the Giga Bowser final smash, they should keep that as Bowser's final smash.

No Bowser Punch?

The Spikeball idea is cool though, better than the body slam, but don't you think that would be a bit simular too his Whirling Fortress up B move?

Another cool idea is maybe the Spiked Link from Mario RPG, he could wind it up then through it at his opponent and when it hits, it does that cool spike animation if not then maybe he could use the chomp since everyone knows what a chomp is, I just said Spiked Link because I always use that as Bowser's weapon in Mario RPG.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:17pm (PST)
A minute for a Final Smash? Definitely not. The time they give the Final Smashes now is perfect. It shouldn't be a long amount of time. Having it a minute long would ruin the whole idea behind the Final Smash. No thanks.

I don't see them allowing Giga Bowser to look like Dry Giga Bowser or Metal Giga Bowser either. While I think Dry Giga Bowser would look pretty awesome. I don't see them doing it. Same with Giga Bowser holding items. Which is another thing I don't want. Giga Bowser as a Final Smash is perfect the way he is now.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:11pm (PST)
Why can't Giga Bowser's pallette change?

I would love to see Giga Bowser appear in many colors, such seeing him Dry Giga Bowser, Dark Giga Bowser, Black Giga Bowser, Red Giga Bowser, Blue Giga Bowser and why not Metal Giga Bowser?

Other Bowser alternative costumes I thought of were

Dry Bowser

Iggy Koopa

Ludwig Von Koopa

Wendy O. Koopa

Larry Koopa

Roy Koopa

Morton Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

NES Bowser

And the Giga Bowser costume nobody else seems to like, sigh

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:38pm (PST)
Because he won't be a playable character. He will remain an NPC and won't have any alternate colors.

And no to Bowser having the Koopalings as alternate costumes.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 5:27am (PST)
I think bowser having the colour schemes of the koopalings is a good idea,but I agree we don't really need giga bowser having colourswaps too,but I also wouldn't have anything against it.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 10:56am (PST)
It would of been cool to see Giga Iggy Koopa, just saying.

Yeah then again I don't think I would want to see Ganondorf turn into a different colored Ganon nor would I want to see Ridley turn into a different colored Meta Ridley.

Bowser turning into a different colored Giga Bowser would be no different and seeing him reguler Bowser sized would be kind of weird come to think of it, ok I get it Giga Bowser just being the final smash is perfect.

Gotenks, what do you mean by "he will not be a playable character?"

Are you saying not have Giga Bowser as a final smash at all?

That would suck

What could they replace Bowser's [B] body slam move with?

Could they change the final smash mechanic so we don't have to get a smash ball item, but instead the final smashes build up within the character as the battle progresses, then when the "final smash meter" fills up then you could release Giga Bowser or whatever final smash your character uses?

I personally think they should because I'm sick of the stupid smash ball flying all over the place and you have to chase after it and another stupid thing about it is it seems to home in on cpu players, which is really annoying.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.