Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1751243-sakurai-says-game-system-complete-talks-third-party-characters/3.htm

Author:   mariomanrogers
Date:   Aug 27, 12 at 9:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters
-------------------------------------------
well they should get Megaman,Shadow,someone from call of duty,and and Sakurai who should beg Sony for DARK Spider man and keep SONIC but ask Microsoft for the X-box avatars and get the miis with costumes to unlock and last but not least ask for pacman with bombs and a gun

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 2:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters
I don't think we could have X-box characters, Mariomanrogers.

If we could we would be seeing Banjo Kazooie or Master Chief in it.

Shadow can't be added because of the limited amount of third party characters allowed, but they could keep Sonic and give him a Shadow costume.

Isn't Dark Spiderman more of a Marvel thing?

Someone from Call of Duty, that will never happen.

Again Super Smash Bros can't have X-Box characters and these aren't really third party plus even if are it would only be PS3 and X-Box exclusives because Nintendo doesn't release these games and forget about the X-Box avatar being added because that won't happen.

Megaman must be put in, everyone wants him in this game.

Pacman would be interesting as long as it's the 3d model so he can have arms and legs

They are not planning to put Miis in are they?

Author:   Roy
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 7:29pm (PST)
quote Sonic Flash
When they announced Sonic in SSBB it was one of the happiest gamer days of my life... ;____;
You and me both, you and me both!

If they decided to add just Knuckles and Tails as well, I don't think it would take too much focus off. If they were going to add more MGS characters, then yes it would.

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Sep 09, 12 at 12:59am (PST)
quote Roy
If they decided to add just Knuckles and Tails as well, I don't think it would take too much focus off. If they were going to add more MGS characters, then yes it would.
Considering how much Sonic and Mario are interacting these days, I think we could expect Tails or Knuckles.

I'm starting to get worried about Snake though. Even if MGS stays in SSB as a series, I feel he may be replaced by Raiden.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Sep 09, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
don't think they'll break their third-party-rule and give a third-party-series more than one character for a third-party-series,because if they'd do that people would expect more and more characters for that series.

I also doubt,they'll include raiden,since snake is the face of the MGS-series,including him would be like including shadow,but not sonic.

Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 10:57pm (PST)
quote BlueLore
also doubt,they'll include raiden,since snake is the face of the MGS-series
They seem to be pushing him a lot lately. I think they may be trying to make him the face of MGS since Snake's story ended in MGS4 (Unless there's some new game, I don't know about).

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 5:38am (PST)
Since when are they doing that?
The first metal gear that came out after 4 was peace walker,which had naked snake as the protagonist(sure it isn't solid snkae,but close enough)

Metal gear rising seems to be more of a spinoff,as it is a hack&slash action game,so it isn't even in the same genre as the regular titles.

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 6:03pm (PST)
What about Gray Fox?

He was an assist in Brawl and I was think maybe add Gray Fox in this game?

Another cool Metal Gear character would be Liquid Snake.

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 10:06am (PST)
Acually I like the Liquid Snake idea better than moving Gray Fox to roster idea although it's probrably best to have nether since Solid Snake is a better choice.

Too bad we can't have Raiden, he would of a cool Metal Gear rep if he wasn't in Playstation Battle Royale.

I kind don't think it makes sense if Namco is helping Sakurai make this that they aren't putting any Tekken characters in.

I see why Heihachi can't be in it, but they could put another rep, maybe Kazuya?

Jun Kazama would also be a cool choice considering Tekken Tag coming out for Wii U later this year.

Author:   Alex Harmon
Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
they should have silver in! or rayman since his company is sponsoring it.. W8 EVEN BETTER!... the rabbids

Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 4:18pm (PST)
quote Alex Harmon
they should have silver in
Add everyone else first.

quote Alex Harmon
or rayman since his company is sponsoring it.
Source?

quote Alex Harmon
W8 EVEN BETTER!... the rabbids
No.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 7:34pm (PST)
The Rabbids won't be a character in the game. But they could work as an Assist Trophy however.

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 10:59am (PST)
How about Chris Redfield?

He was on the 3ds in Resident Evil Revelations.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 11:07am (PST)
quote Gotenks
The Rabbids won't be a character in the game. But they could work as an Assist Trophy however.
Speaking of Rabbids, I wonder what Rayman's chances are of being included. Hopefully they're high, because I would love to see him make it in.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
I would think Rayman would have a decent chance. Ubisoft has been doing a bunch of work for Nintendo as of late. Not to much there's Rayman Legends coming out in March next year. His chances would be good too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.