Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1751243-sakurai-says-game-system-complete-talks-third-party-characters/2.htm

Author:   NapoleonDos
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 5:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters
-------------------------------------------
VERY IMPORTANT! In the source, the video at the bottom- what course are Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link fighting on at the end?

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters
I don't know, it looks like a Kid Icarus stage too me.

It could also be Golden Sun if its Apollo Sanctum, but I really think it's a Kid Icarus stage.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 5:27pm (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
It still sucks that Sonic has to be cut.
Hasn't really been confirmed that he's being cut. If anything, they should keep him.

quote NapoleonDos
VERY IMPORTANT! In the source, the video at the bottom- what course are Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link fighting on at the end?
It's a Brawl stage hack that a fan made.

Author:   Stewie
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 6:32pm (PST)
Oh will there be? Is that a definite? Sakurai wasn't even going to make a 4th and then ended up doing it anyway. While there still can be a 5th, that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be.

Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
I don't even know why you guys are discussing a 5th one when the 4th one isn't even out. >>

Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)
I said the same thing earlier, we should right now focus on Super Smash Bros 4

Author:   Miju500
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 10:49pm (PST)
Narrowing it down?
hmph. I predict:
Sonic (one of Mario's long-time rivals)
Pac-Man (NamcoBandai is co-developing the game)
Megaman (Sakurai stated himself that he might include a Capcom character, although his mindset has probably changed since then)

:/ no room for Snake.

Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 10:22am (PST)
Miju has a good point and I totally agree with his prediction

I don't want Sonic to be removed, so if I had to decide to have ether Sonic or Snake I'd pick Sonic

If Pacman was put in I would give him a shot, I'd play as him

Of those three I definately think it's Megaman's time to join

Sonic should have some better alternative colors to him like one could be red and black to resemble Shadow and one could be red to resemble Knuckles.

If Megaman is put in, could they have a few alternative outfits for him like one colud be Megaman without his helmet like in Megaman 64 and one could be Zero

Note: I like Snake, but I think Sonic would be more important than Snake considering that he kicks Mario's butt at the Mario and Sonic olympic games so that could be another reason to consider keeping Sonic

Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 5:45pm (PST)
quote Miju500
Megaman (Sakurai stated himself that he might include a Capcom character, although his mindset has probably changed since then)
This x1000. Megaman has been a wanted character in the Smash Brother series for a while and when Sakurai announced Snake & Sonic, it really opened the doors for third party characters. For SSB4, I could see them taking out Snake but keeping Sonic(like I said he has a big history on Nintendo and SEGA works close with Nintendo for the Mario & Sonic games). Megaman would also be a great choice to have but the fact that Capcom is trying to move away from Megaman, makes me a bit sad. I'd hope that wouldn't change if Sakurai asked Capcom for Megaman.

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 7:47pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
Megaman would also be a great choice to have but the fact that Capcom is trying to move away from Megaman, makes me a bit sad. I'd hope that wouldn't change if Sakurai asked Capcom for Megaman.
This. As much as I'd love Megaman, we're probably gonna get Ryu, which admittedly would be pretty cool.

Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 8:37pm (PST)
I don't think I want to see Ryu if there isn't going to be any Tekken characters from Namco to match him up with or in other words why should a Street Fighter character be in Super Smash Bros 4 if there isn't even a Tekken character in it?

Author:   Stewie
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 8:47pm (PST)
I can't see them taking Sonic out, especially with, like Gotenks said, the olympic games that are released every 2 years for each olympics. Overall, Sonic is a character that I just really doubt would be removed because of his popularity, in Brawl and just overall. I don't see Snake returning, for he isn't as popular as Sonic (at least from my view) and hasn't really had any close connection to Nintendo (the company/creator). Pac-Man is almost a definite, and possibly another, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 11:52am (PST)
Why does Sonic and Mario compete at the olympics?

That always sounded rather silly to me, although if that game saves Sonic from being cut then it might have some serve sort of a possitive reason of even existng as a game.

Also could Sonic ever be in a Mario Kart game?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
Because SEGA got the license to do official Olympic games and knew that if they teamed up with Nintendo to license Mario and Co. they'd make a ton more money than with just Sonic.

And Sonic could show up in Mario Kart if Nintendo licensed him, but I can't say that's something I'd really care to see.

Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 12:37pm (PST)
Just had to ask, oh well as long as Sonic is in Super Smash Bros, that's cool.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.