Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Project Sora Dissolved - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1745012-project-sora-dissolved/

Author:   Fury
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 9:29pm (PST)
Subject:   Project Sora Dissolved
-------------------------------------------
Smash Bros. Creator’s Studio Closes Down (Kotaku)

I think Sakurai is still on board though.

Author:   StewieRox
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 9:51pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Project Sora Dissolved
He better still be on board. Or I'll find him and shove a sock down his throat.

Seriously though, I hope this doesn't impact the game too much. Or, if it'll make it better, then I'm happy with the end of Project Sora.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 4:03am (PST)
Don't see why Sakurai wouldn't be on board still. He's heading the project and I really doubt Nintendo would just take Sakurai off after he has been so instrumental for the series. This could really explain why Namco is also helping to work on the games.

quote StewieRox
then I'm happy with the end of Project Sora.
So then you'd happy that more people are out of a job?

Author:   GaTheaZakk
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 6:09am (PST)
What about Hal Laboratory?
It could be possible that Sakurai went with Hal Laboratory again.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 6:10am (PST)
Project Sora was a contract group Sakurai formed to work specifically on Kid Icarus Uprising, its not a formal studio of Nintendo's. Since Sakurai left Nintendo and HAL, he formed his own company that does contract work, so a team gets built for each of his projects. This was done for Brawl, this was done for Uprising, and was done for Smash 4 with the team up at Namco.

Oh right, Loltaku. The internet and its fear mongering.

Author:   StewieRox
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 9:08am (PST)
quote Gotenks
So then you'd happy that more people are out of a job?
Well when you put it that way it makes me sound absolutely horrible . I meant game related I'm happy with it. Obviously it's not a good thing that even more people are unemployed now.

Author:   Fury
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 1:44pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Project Sora was a contract group Sakurai formed to work specifically on Kid Icarus Uprising, its not a formal studio of Nintendo's. Since Sakurai left Nintendo and HAL, he formed his own company that does contract work, so a team gets built for each of his projects. This was done for Brawl, this was done for Uprising, and was done for Smash 4 with the team up at Namco.

Oh right, Loltaku. The internet and its fear mongering.
So I guess Sora LTD is still working on the game, just not with that studio? Supposedly Iwata himself said that Project Sora would work on the new Smash Bros though, and the quote was even on their website before it shut down. So they definitely were supposed to be working on more than just one Kid Icarus game.

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 2:25pm (PST)
What does any of this have to do with Super Smash Bros 4?

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
What does any of this have to do with Super Smash Bros 4?
Project Sora was the company that Sakurai owned that was apparently working on this game. If you read the link in the first post, it would tell you that.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 11:57am (PST)
I did read that except that I don't understand what that means.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 4:59pm (PST)
Project Sora is the company that created Kid Icarus: Uprising and the one that was working to make this game.

Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 1:50pm (PST)
Does that effect how this game will be made?

And what are they doing right now with this because it seems like they are laying around drinking a soda and doing nothing. (no offense, I'm not saying they are lazy)
It makes the 2011 E3 announcment seem pointless because there is no info whatsoever about this game and you would think there would be some info relesed by now, ether that or maybe I'm a bit inpatiant.

All that said does anyone know where the devopment of this is right now.

Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
No one knows where the development is or how much Project Sora affects the development of the game as nothing has been released. The Namco announcement was a little of a week before the website said Project Sora was closed so they could of potentially took over development and this affects them very little.

iirc Sakurai didn't want Iwata announcing SSB4 at E3 2011 because the game wasn't gonna start being developed until Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished which was in March when this game was started development. Which is only 4 months of actual development.

Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
Thanks, that explains alot, we might not see this game till like 2014 or something.

Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 5:59pm (PST)
“Although we’ll help provide support on technology and other things involved creating the game, I’m currently very focused on the Tekken series. Some people might say online that I’m going to be involved in the development process or not but that shouldn’t really be an issue because the game design is going to be handled [by] Masahiro Sakurai. So I don’t understand why there would be any worries there.”

“The feedback was very mixed, there were two camps, one said, “Harada, you’re very right, we don’t need the Tekken characters in Smash Bros, good job”. It’s nice that they agree with me but on the other hand, they themselves don’t exactly need Tekken characters in Smash Bros. so it’s kind of complex. Then there’s the other half were people saying, “No, you’re totally wrong, we want Tekken and SoulCalibur characters in the game ,otherwise why does it need to be developed be Namco Bandai?” So there’s really two different sides and it’s difficult to choose one. Obviously I’m not going to say to Sakurai, “We want Tekken characters, please put it in” — that’s not the case, so people don’t have to worry about that. The sole decision will probably be made in a way that if more people want Tekken characters in it then Sakurai might choose to do so, if not then so be it.”
Source

There you have it. For anyone who is still wondering if Sakurai is still designing the game,the answer is yes.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.