Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: A character no one has thought about! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1744410-character-no-one-has-thought-about/

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 2:31am (PST)
Subject:   A character no one has thought about!
-------------------------------------------
There are a lot of wish lists when it comes to smash bros, but I never see one particular character in these lists. This character is from a small yet successful franchise and represents what would be a brand new series in smash.

That character is..

CHIBI ROBO!!!

The cleaning robot could be one of the new characters in SSB4. Think about it. He's a great character from a great franchise that has made Nintendo an fair amount of money. He has a pretty large fanbase and both games were received with praise. What's that? You think that Chibi Robo doesn't fight and therefore cannot be in smash bros? Well guess what! He does fight! He has a blaster incorporated into his arm that he uses frequently (complete with charge and long range functions).

His moveset would be easy to make as well!

Work with me for a second!

Neutral B: Chibi Blaster: CR stands in place and charges a cannon similar to Samus' charge shot. What? Sounds boring? Clonish? Well let's mix it up a bit! Let's make CR's blaster much weaker than Samus' shot in terms of damage and knockback, however let's give him the ability to MOVE WHILE CHARGING! Of course after a certain point he'll stop charging and it'll fizzle out (for balancing purposes).
Up B: Chibi Copter: CR has a propeller built into his head. Normally he uses this for slow descents but it make sense for him to go up with it. Perhaps we could put a small hitbox at the top of his head where the actual propellers are to make the move safer. Essentially, this move would hit opponents just above CR while he rises up with a multihit attack.
Down B: Toothbrush: CR would take out his toothbrush and repeatedly scrub the floor in front of him. This would cause the opponent to get caught up in the flurry of cleaning and take several small hits. Also this move could sometimes cause the opponent to trip after the attack finishes. You know, like several crouching normal already do.
Side B: Squirter: CR takes out a squirter and sprays water over the opponent. It could work like Water Gun or Fludd and push the opponent away. BUT THOSE MOVES SUCK!!! (Trust me, I'm a PT and Mario main) To make things more usefull, let's add a little multihit in there.
Final Smash: Giga Robo!!!: CR summons his good buddy and giant predecessor, Giga Robo. CR would ride him and GR would stomp around, jump on enemies, smack them around a bit and finally warp out.

I realize the moveset isn't perfect, but the point I'm trying to make here is that a moveset for him could easily be made while staying true to his games.

Thanks for reading this little character suggestion. I just want people to remember this great character and get the word out about the possibility of him being included. If you don't want him in, feel free to say so. If you do want him in, also feel free to say so.

Just remember this...

Author:   Shato
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 2:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: A character no one has thought about!
I'm surprised he wasn't in the past series of the game, weren't he a trophy on the Melee one?

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 12:45pm (PST)
Um, a lot of lists include chibi, actually. I've mentioned the idea multiple times, myself. I say downB should be his mug, like Fox's reflector, but blocks physical attacks too, but breakable. And side B, I suggest shovel. He picks you up in the shovel and flings you behind him.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 10:07am (PST)
yeah i also thought about him,but his chances are very often underestimated since many people who don't play his games don't know that chibi robo fights.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 3:53pm (PST)
OH SHIT! How could I forget about Chibi Robo? I *bleep*ing loved that game so much. I think he would be an awesome addition to the game!

I think before Brawl came out I did have him on one of my lists before though or I mentioned something about him. But damn, maybe not. D:

Author:   StewieRox
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 8:22pm (PST)
I've always wanted him, but I think he'd be better as an assist trophy. He could work like Tingle in a way: every time he comes out of the assist trophy, his ability is chosen at random. One time he might take his propeller out and people can pick him up go fly. Another time he could put on his Drake Redcrest outfit and shoot the other players. Sometimes he could come out as a bust, where he's in his bandage costume and just walks around.

I also don't think he would work as a character because he always needs to recharge, so how would that work?

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 12:46pm (PST)
Ok I'll say something nice about Chibi Robot,
He would be a good Assist Trophy and I'm suprised he wasn't an assist trophy in Brawl.

Author:   bubsy fanboy
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 8:43am (PST)
Subject:   Bubsy
i like bubsy so why not make him playable whatcould possibley go worng

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 9:16am (PST)
Bubsy's final smash, the annoying water slide!

I hate that water slide music!

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
Bubsy's final smash, the annoying water slide!

I hate that water slide music!
I'm surprised someone else knew about that.,

quote bubsy fanboy
i like bubsy so why not make him playable whatcould possibley go worng
Cause, we're all 99% sure, you're trolling.

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 7:26pm (PST)
I remember Chibi Robo! I haven't heard anything about him at all though in ages. I remember seeing the game for GameCube and not knowing what it was, haha.

The only thing about it though, like a lot of other people here said, is I think it would definitely be better off as an assist trophy than a main playable character in the game. I can't really see him having an, I guess you can say, important role. I don't think there are many people that know about him, either.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 8:13pm (PST)
That may be true Sigma, but how many of us knew about Marth and Roy before Melee?

Chibi Robo would be an interesting addition to the roster.

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
He's more popular in Japan. Just like a certain other series I could mention...*cough*Mother*cough*

And he was a sticker(and maybe a trophy. I think Telly was a trophy.)

Author:   Neo Power
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 6:19am (PST)
Characters no one's thought about? There're PLENTY! Although I really wonder whether I should be able to mention them without worrying about possible negative feedback... Perhaps not, so long as I mention characters that appeared in Nintendo-published games! And there's no limitation; mentioned characters don't have to be playable characters, but assistants and stage effects, right? So, here we go...
Hamtaro (Ham Ham Heartbreak, Ham Ham Games, Ham Hams Unite!)
Mike Tyson (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Will (Illusion of Gaia)
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)

My sole wish for the roster in Smash Bros. 4? Please, please, PLEEEASEEE let there be characters from totally unique franchises!

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
quote Neo Power
Characters no one's thought about? There're PLENTY! Although I really wonder whether I should be able to mention them without worrying about possible negative feedback... Perhaps not, so long as I mention characters that appeared in Nintendo-published games! And there's no limitation; mentioned characters don't have to be playable characters, but assistants and stage effects, right? So, here we go...
Hamtaro (Ham Ham Heartbreak, Ham Ham Games, Ham Hams Unite!)
Mike Tyson (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Will (Illusion of Gaia)
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)

My sole wish for the roster in Smash Bros. 4? Please, please, PLEEEASEEE let there be characters from totally unique franchises!
Uh I think this thread is more about chibi robo,the title refers to him/it.
Also I thought about aeron,but he doesn't have a chance,since he appears in only one game and it is the least known RPG out of the 3 japan-style rpgs(the others are xenoblade and the last story)

Also Hamtaro isn't a video game character....

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.