Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: SSB4 May Not Feature New Characters - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1743253-ssb4-may-not-feature-new-characters/2.htm

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 4:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: SSB4 May Not Feature New Characters
-------------------------------------------
Falco/Wolf are considered more semi-clones anyways. Like you mentioned Kokoro, most of their moves play out different from one another, just have the same Final Smash. Ganondorf is basically a clone since his moves play basically the same as Falcons. TL is a clone. Lucas is a semi-clone like Wolf/Falco.

Honestly he could get rid of TL and Lucas then switch up the move-sets for Falco/Wolf/Ganondorf. Just seemed like they were being lazy on the whole THREE LANDMASTA part.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 8:17am (PST)
Dont think Wolf should be in SSB4, add Krystal instead.

And Ganon should have a BIG moveset change, probably one with swords.

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 12:03pm (PST)
Ganondorf isn't going anywhere!
He's my main character and all he really needs is a new moveset, if they are cutting Ganondorf then thats like cutting Bowser they can't do that.
I think Falco is more of a clone than Wolf so I think they should cut Falco and add Krystal.
Earthbound only needs one rep that being Ness so cut Lucas, and ToonLink is the only Zelda character that should be cut.
Oh and please get rid of R.O.B.
Golden Sun needs a rep add Isaac!

Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 3:06pm (PST)
Dude, stop spazzing... I never said cut Ganon...

Falco has been in Smash since Melee, so they won't cut him.

ROB is awesome, so stop hating on him... err... It.

And Isaac is guaranteed to get in Smash 4

Date:   Jul 07, 12 at 4:35pm (PST)
I just love to play as Ganondorf ALOT!
I don't know why Falco would be all that important to the Starfox series, they have too many reps one needs to go bye bye and I honestly think it's Falco to be cut before Wolf, I want to see Fox vs Wolf not Fox vs Falco.
OK I won't pick on R.O.B. so much, I'll save it for when I play Brawl.
Thank you, finally somebody understands the importance of Isaac as a playable character in Super Smash Bros!
If Isaac gets in and I still have Ganondorf, I'll stop hating on ROB and the Super Smash Bros Universe shall be in perfect balance.

Author:   guest129
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
I don't care who represents the villian of loz, but many people said that girahim or whatever his name is will replace ganondorf.

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 5:29pm (PST)
NO! NO!! NO!!!
Ghirahim is not replacing Ganondorf!
If you want Ghirahim so bad then cut ToonLunk and put him in.

I love playing as Ganondorf because Ganondorf is way cooler than Lunk and he is not going anywere!

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 11:57am (PST)
Dude ssb4 is about representing different games, I don't really think ganondorf is going anywhere either, but the possiblity for girihim replacing him is there and is also quite likely, if it does happen, you can hust imagine him to be the "new ganondorf" with the new moveset you wanted

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 12:33pm (PST)
I do like Ghirahim, ok I'll use him!

Although I hope both Ganondorf AND Ghirahim are there because I would like to see them team up and fight Link.

Also Ghirahim reminds me of another Nintendo villian, Saturos from Golden Sun and that benafits me because I want more Golden Sun characters in it and since Ghirahim looks so much like Saturos, I could also imagine him as Saturos.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
I keep hearing (or reading) about isaac and golden sun, is it a nintendo franchise I overlooked? Is it in 3ds or wii?

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 1:13pm (PST)
Golden Sun is a RPG that came out on the Gameboy advance in 2001, then it had a sequel, Golden Sun the lost age in 2003.

Golden Sun fans had to go through an torturing seven years untill Golden Sun Dark Dawn came out.

There is yet to be a Golden Sun game on Wii, 3ds, or Wii U because Camelot, the team that works with Nintendo on it, keeps making too many sports games.

Because of that seven year gap, yes I see how you overlooked it I didn't even play Golden Sun for the first time untill 2006,but I caught on quick because the series is easy for me to play and understand so I know everything about Golden Sun.

And Saturos is a villian from the first Golden Sun game, and Ghirahim does look like him.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 5:40pm (PST)
quote guest129
Dude ssb4 is about representing different games, I don't really think ganondorf is going anywhere either, but the possiblity for girihim replacing him is there and is also quite likely, if it does happen, you can hust imagine him to be the "new ganondorf" with the new moveset you wanted
no not really since ghirahim is more like the new zant,than the new ganondorf and since zant didn't get into brawl it is safe to assume ghirahim has the same chances.
The new ganondorf would be rather demise,but since skyward sword makes it rather clear he isn't going to reappear again I'll doubt he would replace the man who is the main enemy of most zelda games(and still appeared in OoT3ds).

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 7:46pm (PST)
Demise looks alot like Ganondorf, so I think hes going to be one of his skins.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 9:08pm (PST)
While zant was like giriham for tp, ganondorf was still there. In ss, its new villains and giriham has a lot of chacter and moveset possibilities, plus more people like him as far is I can see. Zant wasn't as important to tp as ganondorf was and is a forgetable character. Other things could be said with giriham (I think I keep spelling his name wrong). While demise was "the big boss" there wasn't the character development there that was needed to make him likable. Like I said, I don't really care about who goes in, I probably won't play any one of these characters, I just think giriham is the likely choice.

If golden sun is a prg game, is it like fire emblem? Becase of melee the series got popular and I hear about that series from time to time.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
quote guest129
While zant was like giriham for tp, ganondorf was still there. In ss, its new villains and giriham has a lot of chacter and moveset possibilities, plus more people like him as far is I can see. Zant wasn't as important to tp as ganondorf was and is a forgetable character. Other things could be said with giriham (I think I keep spelling his name wrong). While demise was "the big boss" there wasn't the character development there that was needed to make him likable. Like I said, I don't really care about who goes in, I probably won't play any one of these characters, I just think giriham is the likely choice.

If golden sun is a prg game, is it like fire emblem? Becase of melee the series got popular and I hear about that series from time to time.
you know zant is pretty popular too and was a common character included in fake brawl-rosters,not to mention,that he is the main villain for pretty much the whole game,you only learn about ganondorf after you've done half of the dungeons and even then,the plot focuses more on zant until you've beaten him.
And don't get me wrong,I never said they should include demise,I rather want to say they should neither include demise nor ghirahim.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.