Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Female Characters on the Roster - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1741649-female-characters-on-roster/3.htm

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 5:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Female Characters on the Roster
-------------------------------------------
What about Jenna from Golden Sun? I think shes fairly important in the series...

And Lynn is a good idea

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 11:16pm (PST)
quote Shato
I weren't that much of a huge fan of him either but I didn't mind using him, and I say that about Dixie because a lot of fighting games give them the same moves if they look similar or are similar.
Well, I can't see them playing too much alike since I think they are still trying to get rid of clones. I mean, Brawl did lack clones, for the most part. Dixie would also make good for helicopter-type of attacks, something Diddy wouldn't have.

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 10:35am (PST)
[quote=PwnageMaster67|message:33266941]
What about Jenna from Golden Sun? I think shes fairly important in the series...

And Lynn is a good idea
[Jenna is an awesome idea!
She's perfect for Super Smash Bros, I like Mia, but Jenna might be a better choice because her moveset would be awesome, I would love to see her cast Dragon Fume!]

How about Karis from Golden Sun Dark Dawn?
Karis is one of the main three characters of Golden Sun Dark Dawn and if Matthew is the main rep over Isaac, then I think the female Golden Sun rep should be Karis!

This message was merged with other messages by Gotenks (moderator)

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
I think lyn has a chance to be in the game,since she is the first lord of the first fe released outside japan,but two characters for the fe-series may be enough already...
Mia doesn't have any chance,she is just a regular character in two fire emblems and the fire emblem series has tons of these characters.
Micaiah has a small chance since she is a main character and is unique,since she uses magic.
I also think Anna has a chance,even though she has nearly always really small roles,but she is the only recurring FE-character and is playable in the newest game

Paula is rather unlikely,Ness and lucas are the main characters of their games(and lucas game came out for the gba and was quite popular) ,but she isn't.She could however be an assist trophy

female golden sun character is also rather unlikely,since the more important characters are all male(maybe as an assist trophy,but there is again the issue that many male characters overshadow the female ones)

Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 3:41pm (PST)
It was made clear earlier this thread that Ness should be the only Earthbound rep and I do like the possibility of a Paula assist.
I like Miciaiah better than Lyn, of course that's just me, I think both of them should be in one playable and one an assist.
I really would like Jenna or Karis from Golden Sun playable, although an assist could also work out.

Also if some of these characters are assists could they change the assist trophy mechanic to something like in Dissidia Duodecim 12 Final Fantasy where you can equip one of assist trophies to each character and summon it at a certain point in battle?

Author:   timeshine
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 3:42pm (PST)
I personally would like to see the following included:
Toon zelda/Tetra
Lyn or some other fire emblem character
Birdo
Krystal
Female Pokemon trainer
Amy rose/ Blaze

Obviously give them different movesets to current characters I don't want more clones.

Also, keep lucas I don't know why everyone's all so keen about getting rid of him.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 3:47pm (PST)
quote BlueLore
I think lyn has a chance to be in the game,since she is the first lord of the first fe released outside japan,but two characters for the fe-series may be enough already...
Mia doesn't have any chance,she is just a regular character in two fire emblems and the fire emblem series has tons of these characters.
Micaiah has a small chance since she is a main character and is unique,since she uses magic.
I also think Anna has a chance,even though she has nearly always really small roles,but she is the only recurring FE-character and is playable in the newest game

Paula is rather unlikely,Ness and lucas are the main characters of their games(and lucas game came out for the gba and was quite popular) ,but she isn't.She could however be an assist trophy

female golden sun character is also rather unlikely,since the more important characters are all male(maybe as an assist trophy,but there is again the issue that many male characters overshadow the female ones)
Wait... Isn't Mia from Golden Sun? Or are you talking about a Mia from Fire Emblem?

Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 11:36pm (PST)
I also would like to see Rosalina from the Mario series. But I assume they would add in Daisy before her, so I say just add both of them in.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 4:02am (PST)
Rosalina and Daisy are good as being alt costumes for Peach imo.

Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 8:16am (PST)
Please don't bring Rosalina and Daisy into this topic, there will be no way for ether of them to ever make Super Smash Bros unless they are trophies, assists, or like mentioned as Peach's alternate outfits.
Peach will always be the sole female Mario rep and neither Daisy or Rosalina can be as good of a female Mario rep as Peach is.

Changing the subject because this thread isn't going to be for a bunch of Daisy or Rosalina comments due to the fact that Mario has a female rep that being Peach,

So far we have these female character ideas:
Jenna or Karis from Golden Sun
Lyn and Miciaiah from Fire Emblem
Paula as a Earthbound assist
Ashley or Mona as female Warioware reps?

I'm not putting Daisy or Rosalina on this list because we have a better chance of having Ashley from Warioware than Daisy or Rosalina since Ashley doesn't always get compared to Peach, unlike Daisy and Rosalina.

Here's some interesting topics,
Female Fire Emblem rep: Alot being said about a female Fire Emblem rep, so far for that we have Micaiah, Lyn, Anna, and Mia all great choices, but which one will make it?
I think it should be both Micaiah and Lyn one an assist and one playable, but which one of these two should be playable and which one should be an assist?

Female Golden Sun rep: This I think is between Jenna or Karis, all that depends on if the main rep is Isaac or Matthew.

Its time to ask this female Pokemon Trainer (Hilda) should they do that?

I think they should and it shouldn't be a new character, but instead Red can alter to being a female trainer that being Hilda from Black and White series.

This message was merged with other messages by Gotenks (moderator)

Author:   timeshine
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 4:11pm (PST)
^The one female character I would like to see other than lyn (which you have just mentioned). Is toon zelda/tetra. Tetra would behave very differently from sheik and I would nintendo could come up with differences from zelda for toon zelda (even though they have yet to make differences between link and young/toon link).

Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 11:47pm (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
Please don't bring Rosalina and Daisy into this topic, there will be no way for ether of them to ever make Super Smash Bros unless they are trophies, assists, or like mentioned as Peach's alternate outfits.
Peach will always be the sole female Mario rep and neither Daisy or Rosalina can be as good of a female Mario rep as Peach is.

Changing the subject because this thread isn't going to be for a bunch of Daisy or Rosalina comments due to the fact that Mario has a female rep that being Peach,

So far we have these female character ideas:
Jenna or Karis from Golden Sun
Lyn and Miciaiah from Fire Emblem
Paula as a Earthbound assist
Ashley or Mona as female Warioware reps?

I'm not putting Daisy or Rosalina on this list because we have a better chance of having Ashley from Warioware than Daisy or Rosalina since Ashley doesn't always get compared to Peach, unlike Daisy and Rosalina.
Wow, you really say that is if you're 100% sure. Just because Peach is the main female character of the Mario series doesn't mean Rosalina or Daisy can't have a chance at being playable characters too.

Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 12:19pm (PST)
Mario has a playable female character, Peach!

Moving on...
How about Gardevoir or Gothetelle for female Pokemon reps or is that covered by Jigglypuff?
Can Karis from Golden Sun be in Super Smash Bros 4 if Matthew is the main Golden Sun rep?

I think ToonZelda should have been in Brawl if they were considering her for it, besides I kind of want ToonLunk axed.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 4:20pm (PST)
What's your point about Peach being Mario's rep? No where has it been said that one series can only have one female rep. Pokemon could technically have six with all of the Pokemon playable because they could be male or female. I don't see Daisy or Rosalina being added as their own characters. Peach has had a Daisy alt costume for a while and it should stay that way. Just add an alt for Rosalina as well.

Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 10:57pm (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
Mario has a playable female character, Peach!
Yes, but that doesn't mean there can't be more playable female characters from that series.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.