Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon Stadium 3 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1736300-pokemon-stadium-3/

Author:   Rust
Date:   May 26, 12 at 10:07am (PST)
Subject:   Pokemon Stadium 3
-------------------------------------------
Personally, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 are two of my favorite stages in Brawl. As you probably know, the Pokemon Stadium stages have a "normal" stage, and then 4 other types. Information on Pokemon Stadium 2 can be found Here, while the information for Pokemon Stadium 1 can be seen Here. However, that's only 9 out of a total of 17 types.

These are the types that haven't yet been seen:

Fighting
Poison
Psychic
Bug
Dragon
Ghost
Dark
Steel

I'm personally looking forward to Fighting, Dragon, Ghost or Steel type arenas.

If Pokemon Stadium 3 would be something that would happen, what types would you like to see?

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   May 26, 12 at 11:07am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon Stadium 3
I wonder how they would implement Psychic. Perhaps have a reflect or light screen wall that blocks any passage/projectiles from passing the barrier?

Ghost I'd like an Ominous Wind to sweep through the stage, with a few areas that you can jump or duck and completely dodge the wind. If you don't, I'd be content with either some damage or a huge push off the ledge, where if you were off the ledge in the first place, you wouldn't be able to get back on (for most characters, anyways).

Any of the other Pokemon Types aren't as interesting to me as I think these two could be.

Also, hai Rust :3

Author:   SonicFire
Date:   May 26, 12 at 11:21am (PST)
Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, and Poison are the ones I'd like to see. :I

All the others can gtfo and wait until the next Smash. I:

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   May 26, 12 at 12:03pm (PST)
I'd like to see Psychic, Ghost, Dark and Dragon.

Author:   X Naut Shroober
Date:   May 26, 12 at 1:25pm (PST)
Fighting: maybe a boxing ring with the sides bouncing you back in?

Poison: either smokestacks that emit damaging gas or a poisonous bog that slows you down AND damages you?

Psychic: I like Inuyasha's idea

Bug: some bouncy or sticky cobwebs?

Dragon: don't really know for this one. Perhaps have hills that bob up-and-down like a dragon or two dragon shaped structures that breathe on you? :/

Ghost: quite a bit you can do with this one. Either Inuyasha's idea again, fake and invisible walls/platforms, or some background objects float and may attack you

Dark: Only thing I can think of is make the screen dark a la Togepi or the fake/invisible platforms to go with the whole trickery thing

Steel: Probably mechanical like Electric but more emphasis on machinery like cogs or cranes carrying girders and stuff

Out of these ideas I'd mostly like to see Steel, Bug, Ghost and/or Dark, and maybe Poison

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   May 26, 12 at 9:15pm (PST)
The Pokemon Stadium stages have always been some of my favorite stages in the Smash Brother series. I was so happy when they made a second one so I would be even happier if they kept it going and gave us the first two as classic stages.

A Dragon, Ghost, Steel and Poison Stadium would be pretty awesome to see.

Author:   Coey890
Date:   May 29, 12 at 6:53pm (PST)
Wouldn't it be called the Pokemon Colosseum?

Though I think the name Pokemon Stadium 3 is a lot more straight forward and whatnot.

I think poison could have a toxic trash dump with oil barrels full of different chemicals that appear around the place, when you jump into one they'd give you a random effect, like damage and a strong knock-back or maybe the effects of a super mushroom.

Fighting could have a wrestling rink, with a punch bag in the middle that you'd hit and it'd act like wobbuffet, shaking around and hitting any players who get close enough to it.

Author:   Miju500
Date:   Jun 02, 12 at 3:32pm (PST)
fighting: karate dojo with wooden planks, punching bags, etc.
steel: construction sight with steel girders and a steel crane
poison: toxic wasteland with toxic waste barrels and waste pipe
bug: a backyard with a beehive hanging from a tree, a garden, and a large log with a web in it and a web on the side of it
psychic: an outerspace-like setting with floating cubes and crystal balls
dark: torcher chamber lol.
ghost: cemetary with tombstones and bones
dragon: an ash-covered stone mass with spikes on it

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 2:53pm (PST)
How about the stadium just stay in normal mode and not get complex since its a popular tournament stage.

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 3:07pm (PST)
quote GaTheZakk
How about the stadium just stay in normal mode and not get complex since its a popular tournament stage.
Where's the fun in that?

I want to see poison, ghost, dragon and steel.

Perhaps steel could have the reverse effect of the flying type in PS2. It makes you heavier.

Not sure about the other three though.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 3:31pm (PST)
The Poison stage could have players taking small damage as the match progresses.

Author:   GaTheZakk
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 12:03pm (PST)
quote Swampasaur
[quote=GaTheZakk]How about the stadium just stay in normal mode and not get complex since its a popular tournament stage.
Where's the fun in that?

I want to see poison, ghost, dragon and steel.

Perhaps steel could have the reverse effect of the flying type in PS2. It makes you heavier.

Not sure about the other three though.
[Ok you're right, that would be no fun if the stage didn't do anything.]

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.