Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New Stages - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1655661-new-stages/9.htm

Author:   Miju500
Date:   Aug 30, 11 at 11:24am (PST)
Subject:   re: New Stages
-------------------------------------------
how 'bout a new Yoshi's Island!
Yeah, but, I really want a Mii Maker stage.
N's castle would be cool.
Bowser's castle if every individual fighter gets their own stage.
If Little Mac is playable, the boxing ring he fights in.
Krystal's home planet or something, I don't know.

Kokoro good idea with Nintendo consoles being platforms as a stage. Reminds me of Mario Kart DS or Double Dash. I love it.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Aug 30, 11 at 1:32pm (PST)
What about the background of the LoZ part of the Melee intro? It could be a scrolling flat stage

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Aug 31, 11 at 8:15am (PST)
quote Miju500
Kokoro good idea with Nintendo consoles being platforms as a stage. Reminds me of Mario Kart DS or Double Dash. I love it.
Yeah, what I'm thinking is having NES, Nintendo 64 and Wii as the ground, the SNES covering part of he left side, GameCube covering part of the right side and the Wii U covering part of the top. Then having Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS and 3DS floating around as platforms, then have the Virtual Boy occasionally flying by and having touching touching it causes damage.

Author:   Sacredtwin11
Date:   Sep 02, 11 at 12:11pm (PST)
Nintendo consoles sounds good, though it feels like most of them would be flat.

Oh yea, I think there should be a Fire Emblem stage from Radiant dawn. If any of you remember the river crossing, that's where I think it should be based. You could have a river in the middle where your movement is slightly slowed, and the occasional laguz/soldier would push you slightly in the direction they're running in. And same with the higher areas, bird tribes/dragon knight/pegasus knights could do that there.

Author:   Name Undisclosed
Date:   Sep 02, 11 at 4:25pm (PST)
quote Kokoro
quote Miju500
Yeah, what I'm thinking is having NES, Nintendo 64 and Wii as the ground, the SNES covering part of he left side, GameCube covering part of the right side and the Wii U covering part of the top. Then having Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS and 3DS floating around as platforms, then have the Virtual Boy occasionally flying by and having touching touching it causes damage.

A stage I'd like to see is one based off of a dungeon from the Zelda games. I can't recall ever having a dungeon stage - there's been Hyrule Castle, Temple (though this one is loosely based on the Zelda II dungeons), Great Bay, Bridge of Eldin, and Pirate Ship so far, if my memory serves me correctly. I'd love to play on a stage based off Dodongo's Cavern or the Water Temple.

Author:   Warioroll199
Date:   Sep 04, 11 at 8:08am (PST)
I can see look at Hardman Stage

Friends take the look idea Wii U or 3DS.

Author:   PiratemanEXE
Date:   Sep 04, 11 at 5:35pm (PST)
If Simon Belmont is included in the game, they should have a stage based off Dracula's lair from super castlevania 4. dracula would be in the background casting spells and screwing with everybody.

quote Warioroll199
I can see look at Hardman Stage

Friends take the look idea Wii U or 3DS.
i think if they made a megaman stage, it should be based off one of the wily castle stages

Date:   Sep 05, 11 at 4:36am (PST)
quote PwnageMaster67
What about the background of the LoZ part of the Melee intro? It could be a scrolling flat stage
Or maybe one that shows zeldas history

Author:   X Naut Shroober
Date:   Sep 05, 11 at 4:50am (PST)
quote Kokoro
quote Miju500
You could also have cartridges coming in and out of pre-Cube systems, the Cube's cover opening and closing, and discs popping in and out of the Wii. Also if someone stands on the DS or 3DS too long they could close on them.

quote Name Undisclosed
I'd love to play on a stage based off Dodongo's Cavern or the Water Temple.
I'd love me some Wind Waker dungeons.

Date:   Sep 06, 11 at 4:05am (PST)
What about Bulbax Kingdom from Pikmin 2?
The stage could be the sublevel with the two King Bulbaxes. One of the Bulbaxes should walk on the background occasionally flicking its tounge at you and the other could stay underground. It should be a flat surface with a few rocks and plants here and there and water on the right side. There should be some fire geysers near the water that blow fire (duh) and hurt you (also duh). You can also destroy them. There should also be bomb rocks that you can throw.

I think Ns Castle should have both Zekrom and Reshiram in the background. They should use an attack similar to Tabuus Off Waves. You have to dodge it in the same way, but not as deadly. It should be a giant room with two columns, then when Reshiram and Zekrom use their attack, the room will crumble and the columns will break. Parts of the ceiling will fall and hurt people.

Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 7:55am (PST)
quote X Naut Shroober
quote Kokoro
quote Miju500
You could also have cartridges coming in and out of pre-Cube systems, the Cube's cover opening and closing, and discs popping in and out of the Wii. Also if someone stands on the DS or 3DS too long they could close on them.
I don't know about that. It seems like it would be a little too much.

Author:   X Naut Shroober
Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 11:52pm (PST)
quote Kokoro
Well not everything I said has to be utilized or that they happen all at once. Maybe one or two like the DS, 3DS, and Cube covers opening and closing. But yeah, I do agree that it would be too much for one stage.

Author:   Epsalon X
Date:   Sep 09, 11 at 7:27am (PST)
quote PiratemanEXE
If Simon Belmont is included in the game, they should have a stage based off Dracula's lair from super castlevania 4. dracula would be in the background casting spells and screwing with everybody.

i think if they made a megaman stage, it should be based off one of the wily castle stages
I like both ideas...especially the Dracula one. They could have Wily doing stuff in the background as well. In fact...lets take it a step further and include X and Sigma.

Although...even though I feel he should be in...I don't want to see Simon Belmont. I would rather see Alucard. But Simon would definitely be the first Belmont to include.

Date:   Sep 09, 11 at 8:04am (PST)
quote X Naut Shroober
quote Kokoro
Well not everything I said has to be utilized or that they happen all at once. Maybe one or two like the DS, 3DS, and Cube covers opening and closing. But yeah, I do agree that it would be too much for one stage.
Well, I believe all the consoles should stay still, except the handheld consoles and Virtual Boy. As I said, have those float around a bit and occasionally have the Virtual Boy flying by.

Author:   unown warrior
Date:   Sep 09, 11 at 5:33pm (PST)
How about a stage that cycles through each stage from the first smash bros?I would also love to have a bowser castle stage.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.