Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Final Smashes. - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1655109-final-smashes/4.htm

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 18, 11 at 12:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: Final Smashes.
-------------------------------------------
I don't even remember saying that the final smashes would not be clone. I just remember him mentioning something about cloned characters but that didn't work out as plan besides adding different affects to certain moves.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Jun 20, 11 at 6:18am (PST)
quote Gotenks
And Link and Toon Link having the same Final Smash. That's one of the issues I hope they fix in SSB4 as well as move-sets. Give each character their own unique Final Smash and move-set. It wouldn't be that hard to do.
Toon Link is probably the only clone character in Brawl. Others, like Falco and Ganondorf, aren't quite clones anymore, but still have some similar moves. I could see everyone be given their own final smash and have movesets differ more too.

Author:   Dragonmaster_Omega
Date:   Jun 21, 11 at 6:19pm (PST)
I like the team Final Smash idea, but here is the thing, doing a different smash combination for every character would be too much work.

But how about this, Character Series Team Final Smashes.
Basically, this is a team final, but it only works for teammate characters of the same series. For example, Mario and Luigi combine the power of fire and lightning for a super elemental attack. An idea i thought of concerning this though, is that the team final smashes would be cinematic, creating more epicness.

Another thing i thought of concerning Final Smashes is Final Smash face-off. Basically, two characters use their final smashes against each and collide, the players must then compete in a little mini-game such as button smashing to try and overpower the opponent like they do in the DBZ fighting games.

Any thoughts?

Oh and this whole thing is based around the idea that there can now be up to 2 smash balls on the field at any time.

Author:   NapoleonDos
Date:   Jun 21, 11 at 7:42pm (PST)
quote StewieRox11
And Gotenks, agreed. The thing I don't get is, didn't Sakurai say there wouldn't be any clones in SSBB, especially with FSs? Because Toon Link is just a smaller version of Link, tbh. They didn't even keep the fire arrows that they had for Young Link in SSBM to make it at least a LITTLE different!
I believe his take on the matter was along the lines, "while characters may have the same moves, including final smashes, the characterization of these attacks (from startup speed to power, etc) varies." I don't think nearly any consumers of the game viewed this as truth, though.

For me, I don't mind the clones. Since the moves essentially do end up functioning pretty differently, I side slightly with Sakurai on this (assuming his thoughts are along the lines of what I stated above).

However, a very easy solution for this would be to change the animation (sprites) associated with each move. If the specials and final smashes, even if functioning equivocally to how they do now (with what I referred to above as 'characterization of attacks), the attacks would then function AND appear differently. Creator is happy because they are all technically different, consumer is happy because the results they are providing, differentiation, is then apparent. To do otherwise really just seems lazy to me. As Walt Disney stated, "All horses jump, no chipped paint."

Author:   theQman
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 1:13am (PST)
i think they should change jiggily puffs, sorry for the spelling, final smash and make you able to move while using it, and also they should do the same thing to donkey kongs, because on maps that move while your fighting its really useless.

Date:   Jul 02, 11 at 4:17pm (PST)
It REALLY pissed me off that Peach's FS is what should be Jigglypuffs. I appreciate that both, plus Luigi's, are just based on the fun quirks of the character......... but

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Jul 02, 11 at 4:36pm (PST)
quote NapoleonDos
It REALLY pissed me off that Peach's FS is what should be Jigglypuffs.
It really pisses me off that Peach's FS is almost useless.

Seriously, what good is an all-powerful smash attack if it doesn't do any damage?

Author:   X Naut Shroober
Date:   Jul 02, 11 at 4:45pm (PST)
Didn't Peach's deal 40% damage to everyone?

Author:   Uh.
Date:   Jul 02, 11 at 5:26pm (PST)
Peach's FS was that everyone instantly fell asleep and peaches fell from the sky.

Pros:
None.

Cons:
After one hit, the opponent wakes up.

Peaches remain even after the FS is done, meaning opponents can eat them too.

Peaches didn't give you much health.

At the beginning of the attack, similar to Luigi's, she dances for awhile letting the opponents come up.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 02, 11 at 5:41pm (PST)
Some of the Final Smashes were pretty sloppy and I felt that Sakurai just got lazy on a few of them. Like Peaches. It's suppose to be a Final SMASH! Not a Final let's put people to sleep while I restore HP!

DK's was horribly done. Interesting idea but executed poorly.

Author:   mattardis
Date:   Jul 02, 11 at 5:59pm (PST)
quote JesseTheKing
Most of the characters final smashes are relevant to something else in one of there games... where did Luigi's final smash come from anyway?

my theory is that negative zone was a reference to Mr.L basically being nega-luigi. so i thought luigi's fs was him tapping into his Mr.L powers briefly.

fs replacements
ness: psi rockin'
lucas: pk love
jigglypuff: perish song
peach: “toad army” or “turnip rain”
falco: arwing assault

Date:   Jul 03, 11 at 5:02pm (PST)
quote mattardis
jigglypuff: perish song
Hmmm, Perish song.... that'd be interesting. Each character has a short time frame to, say, get hit five times, or 'grab on' to something (stay a certain distance from the edge, or make it to a holding chamber) or they end up flying off the side.

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Jul 12, 11 at 4:56pm (PST)
For the love of god, give Ness PK Rockin' and Lucas PK Love. PLEASE.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Jul 12, 11 at 9:20pm (PST)
Ganondorf gets Ganon but Link doesn't get Deity Link?

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Jul 12, 11 at 9:24pm (PST)
quote Ded Valve
Ganondorf gets Ganon but Link doesn't get Deity Link?
Isn't Deity Link from Majora's Mask?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.