Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Final Smashes. - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1655109-final-smashes/2.htm

Author:   clawlin
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 3:54am (PST)
Subject:   re: Final Smashes.
-------------------------------------------
I always thought the Final Smashes were kind of a gimmicky draw, but if they are in there, so be it. They can be fun, but disrupt the flow of the game.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 1:35pm (PST)
Yeah I would have no problem with seeing them back. But like Agua said, as long as you can turn them on and off I'm fine with it.

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 3:28pm (PST)
I don't mind Final Smashes. They're fun to use, but I usually play with them turned off, since they show up too frequently in a match when enabled.

Seriously, I don't think such powerful attacks should be accessed 5-6 times in a match.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 4:40pm (PST)
Depends on how long the match though. 5-6 is fine if you're doing like a 99 stock match. But there's a lot more during that anyways.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 8:53pm (PST)
quote Eon80
As funny as King DDD's was, it needs to be stronger for a character who has that much power.
Agreed. I hated King Dedede's Final Smash.

Falco should have the Arwing, while Wolf should get the Wolfen.

Author:   Dragonmaster_Omega
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 9:43pm (PST)
I agree that Final Smashes should be kept in.

They need to up the killing power on some though.

It would be much more fun to have these turn-tide ultimate moves that can make opponents get crazy nervous when they see that glowing aura.

I also think that there should be more cinematic final smashes. Captain Falcon's is the only one in this respect.
I also don't like how Samus's forces a change of character on her. Perhaps they should do something else than the Zero Laser, granted that it is awesome. Perhaps implementing hypermode from prime 3 could change things.

But yeah, overall, up the power of FSs, make every one completely unique, make that shit flashy as all hell =3

Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 10:18pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
Depends on how long the match though. 5-6 is fine if you're doing like a 99 stock match. But there's a lot more during that anyways.
Try 3v3.

Said matches were melees of 4 people, but still.

Author:   Eon80
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 10:31pm (PST)
quote RazeHell
I don't mind Final Smashes. They're fun to use, but I usually play with them turned off, since they show up too frequently in a match when enabled.

Seriously, I don't think such powerful attacks should be accessed 5-6 times in a match.
Also consider the fact that at least 2 of those(on average) are automatically given to someone who's really far behind in a match.

Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 11:53pm (PST)
I hated when players got final smashes for being so far behind. Just because I wasn't getting any of them!

Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 12:58am (PST)
quote Gotenks
I hated when players got final smashes for being so far behind. Just because I wasn't getting any of them!
Icwutudidthar.

I never really answered the question earlier, but I think that they should be kept. Even if one doesn't play with them on, it is always nice to have the option.

And they also need to up the insanity on them. Needs moar psychodelics.

Author:   Lute Pwns All
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 1:43am (PST)
So long as they expand/improve on them, and make Toon Links not related in anyway to his train. Funny as it would be, no.

Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 2:31am (PST)
It would also be nice to make it to where it's very difficult to die from using them. Honestly, I've died using more Final Smashes than the rest of my friends I've played against put together. I even died from using Mario's one time

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 3:56am (PST)
quote Quixotic
quote Eon80
As funny as King DDD's was, it needs to be stronger for a character who has that much power.
For that matter, Mario and Donkey Kong's final smashes should be more powerful too.

Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 3:59am (PST)
quote Kokoro
quote Quixotic
quote Eon80
For that matter, Mario and Donkey Kong's final smashes should be more powerful too.
Idk about Mario's. Perhaps a little wider range for his, but Donkey Kong's needs to be a lot stronger. He's a "power character" for crying out loud and his FS is banging on some drums?!? -_-

Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 4:13am (PST)
Donkey Kong needs a brand new Final Smash period. The bongo idea was nice but it didn't work at all. It turned out to be one of the worsts(Peach takes that spot). I would of loved his final smash to include one of the Animal Buddies like Rambi.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.