Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Halo Bulletins - Latest: November 8th - Game Release, SWAT, and more. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54473/t1741598-halo-bulletins-latest-november-8th-game-release-swat-more/

Author:   Fury
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 10:31am (PST)
Subject:   The Halo Bulletins - Latest: November 8th - Game Release, SWAT, and more.
-------------------------------------------
I figure it's better to start putting these all into one topic. Often times, the content of these are not worthy of a new thread. If there's a particularly substantial one revealing tons of new info, then you may make a new thread for it (e.g. the reveal of the new Forge). Otherwise, use this.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Halo Bulletins - Latest: November 8th - Game Release, SWAT, and more.
I like how they designed the crawlers into trying to get you to look into every direction by randomly assembling themselves in a pack. Though it kinda sounds like the small flood forms if you think about it.

BTW Fury, the images don't work if you're not signed on to halo.xbox.com, otherwise they are just blank. You should consider hosting them elsewhere.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Halo Bulletins - Latest: November 8th - Game Release, SWAT, and more.
Imgur is the very best site for hosting free images I reckon. They last much longer than other free hosted image sites.

Those crawlers do look pretty cool and definitely look like they'll be a handful if there are a bunch of them in one wave.

Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 11:18am (PST)
I like how they designed the crawlers into trying to get you to look into every direction by randomly assembling themselves in a pack. Though it kinda sounds like the small flood forms if you think about it.
They seem somewhat similar, but if they're being genuine about how they act, then these AI sound much smarter. I think that's one of the things the Halo has always needed. Beyond all the enemies evading grenades, the AI in Halo have never been much of a challenge to figure out as far as how they react to things.

quote LOD-squa
BTW Fury, the images don't work if you're not signed on to halo.xbox.com, otherwise they are just blank. You should consider hosting them elsewhere.
Did they not load for you? I just went straight to this thread on IE (which I never use) and they worked fine still, unless it's like a cached IP address thing? If you're right, then I'll start using some sort of batch image downloader I suppose.

Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 11:38am (PST)
Fury - I signed out and they still work. I'm unsure how it handles the images, but they didn't work for me until I went to their site and looked at it.

Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 12:11pm (PST)
Alright, I uploaded them elsewhere. Found a pretty easy way to do it .

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 5:59pm (PST)
Better idea: I used an iframe in the thread header .

So this week is mostly about Longbow. The graphics on it look amazing, I have to say.

I thought this bit was really interesting:

We experimented with having extremes of Fire and Ice on opposite sides, but ultimately decided a glacier theme fit better with the spectrum of themes from other maps.
That would have been awesome if they did that. Anyone that reads the One Piece manga may know something about that .

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:30pm (PST)
Fury - Nice idea, but consider linking to previous ones maybe using a drop down or something? So that people can jump between different bulletins.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:50pm (PST)
I like the format of it. While it does give information, the information is easily stored and found at the top of this thread. Does it update when the site updates, or is just a linked image? I have no idea what an iframe is. I am not techy, but I am willing to learn everything about this stuff.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:53pm (PST)
quote Roy
I like the format of it. While it does give information, the information is easily stored and found at the top of this thread. Does it update when the site updates, or is just a linked image? I have no idea what an iframe is. I am not techy, but I am willing to learn everything about this stuff.
If that particular page changes, then the iframe does as well. It's basically webpage within a webpage. I still have to update it every week though.

quote LOD-squa
Fury - Nice idea, but consider linking to previous ones maybe using a drop down or something? So that people can jump between different bulletins.
I don't think that would be possible with just HTML, but I'll figure something out. I may just link to the old ones in the OP.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:56pm (PST)
That sounds like that would be easier to do, versus just trying to get a new one. I know about HTML, and I don't think it would work (yes I know HTML doesn't mean HOTMAIL).

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 8:21pm (PST)
I showed Fury some ideas on how to incorporate it since javascript can't be used.

Anyhoowww. I was reading on the article and the map looks nice but I noticed that they are only shipping 10 maps...that seems a little small to me or am I spoiled? Could be possible previous Halo titles had around the same number.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 11:03pm (PST)
Thanks LOD-Squa for the coding suggestion!

LOD-Squa - 10 makes it one more than Reach had to begin with I believe, not including Firefight and only counting Forge World once.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 11:06pm (PST)
Guess I am going crazy but they did do multiple forge world maps...basically. That's how they had more maps during the early days. As long as the maps are not big mazes that I can get lost in are ok. Or that they make a Forge 2.0 and start picking shitty maps from the community. Some of the maps they include in the matchmaking circulation they make me wonder if someone was either high or drunk at the time of deciding.

Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 8:45am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Guess I am going crazy but they did do multiple forge world maps...basically. That's how they had more maps during the early days. As long as the maps are not big mazes that I can get lost in are ok. Or that they make a Forge 2.0 and start picking shitty maps from the community. Some of the maps they include in the matchmaking circulation they make me wonder if someone was either high or drunk at the time of deciding.
I think they're very conservative on their Forge World map selection. They seem to pick overly simplistic maps that really have no merit. Any somewhat complex ones they pick are usually like a system of skinny walkways where the game turns into a grenade fest. But yeah, I've seen way better maps on sites like ForgeHub that they seem to ignore.

Especially Infection maps. I don't play Infection hardly ever, but there's some really cool concepts people have made. It's not easy to find a group of 16 to play them with though, which is where matchmaking should come in, but Bungie/343 would rather you just play vanilla Infection on Asylum over and over again instead.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.