Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion I: The Purr of the Battle Rifle - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54473/t1741575-general-discussion-purr-of-battle-rifle/4.htm

Author:   Fury
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion I: The Purr of the Battle Rifle
-------------------------------------------
quote EricF
Don't know how long the thread header is up, but I've just seen it now. Nice one Fury.
I put it up soon after Roy said I had a BR fetish, just to prove him right haha.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 10:19pm (PST)
Well it's true. It seems to me that that is the only weapon you are in love with. I am not going to be surprised if all you really focus on in Halo 4 is Swat.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 9:22pm (PST)
I rented Skate 3 and I've been playing it quite a bit, but now I can't play Mass Effect because whenever I'm in the Mako I'm flicking the right stick in an attempt to do laser flips and shit. GOD DAMN IT.

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 9:51pm (PST)
I just could not get into Mass Effect at all. I played it for 10 minutes and then I was like okay... Maybe I should have gave it a longer play.

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 10:04pm (PST)
The first one's really rough around the edges, but it's a unique game and definitely my favorite of the series in my opinion. If you play through the first level and don't like it, you probably never will, but if it hits that sweet spot for you it becomes positively amazing. I even love the Mako exploration. Don't look at me like that. What?

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 10:06pm (PST)
I thought it was going to be like Halo meets Gears of War or something like that, but maybe you're right, I only played for like 10 minutes (the first Mass Effect).

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 10:30pm (PST)
I started the series with the second game, which I would say is the worst mistake I made with the series(the only other close contender being downloading the Extended Cut, but that's neither here nor there).

EDIT: How did I write half a post? I would say it's probably not worth 30 bucks or whatever it costs for an actual disc now, but if you somehow find it in a bargain bin somewhere for less than 20 I'd give it another shot.

Date:   Jul 19, 12 at 12:31am (PST)
The first Mass Effect was by far my favorite. They definitely went for more of an RPG feel in the first one. The looting system and upgrade system was more interesting I thought. It was the only one with Mako exploration too which was awesome. And of course, whenever you're first introduced to such an epic universe and a grand story line, it's always more enticing than the sequels.

The battle system improved in the next two editions for sure though.

Roy, I would definitely give it another try. 10 minutes isn't enough time to appreciate it. I think the first part of the game was also made really modestly as well, just so you're eased into the game rather than thrown this epic story right off the bat. The beginning definitely doesn't showcase the entire game's value.

This message was edited on 2012-07-19T00:48:06-07:00.

Date:   Jul 19, 12 at 10:41pm (PST)
Well if I get the chance to buy a used copy (like I did before or maybe rent). I might try to get further in the game.

Author:   batsman
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
quote Fury
Reach grenades are obnoxious-sounding mini-nukes that never do what you want, but you might get the kill anyways because of the ridiculous blast radius
i thought i was the only one
if someone throws a grenade anywhere in a level i always die from it
but then when i throw a grenade i never kill anything besides myself with them, even if theyre standing right on top of it

damn grenades always really pissed me off in reach

Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
Anyone go to see Dark Knight Rises? Really good movie. My only complaint being I couldn't understand Bane half the time haha.

Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 10:45pm (PST)
I know better than to go to a movie theater any time near the first showings.

Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 11:09pm (PST)
quote Fury
Anyone go to see Dark Knight Rises? Really good movie. My only complaint being I couldn't understand Bane half the time haha.
Not yet, but it on my list on movies to see this year, whether it's in the movie theater or on DVD.

Author:   Chrono
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
Strangely enough I'm not looking forward to Halo 4's Campaign whatsoever. I pretty much play Halo for the multiplayer anyways but the Campaign's have always been super fun for me. With this game, I'm not sure I even give a damn.

Regardless, I'm stoked on the return of the Battle Rifle.

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote Axe
I know better than to go to a movie theater any time near the first showings.
Are you saying that because of the shooting or just in general?

Depends on the movie theater, but usually there's nothing bad about going to the midnight premiere. This time around my friends and I showed up around an hour beforehand and we were able to walk straight into the theater and find good seats. I've also had it where they make you wait outside forever until just before the movie shows, which sucks.

quote Chrono
Strangely enough I'm not looking forward to Halo 4's Campaign whatsoever. I pretty much play Halo for the multiplayer anyways but the Campaign's have always been super fun for me. With this game, I'm not sure I even give a damn.
The new direction in the story is pretty exciting. The Forerunners and humanity's past have been really interesting aspects of the universe that we haven't explored much in the previous games, but now we finally get to.

I feel like 343 haven't done a great job generating hype up the campaign so far though. Thinking back to the trailers for Halo 3 and the whole "Finish the Fight" thing, that was the most hype the Halo series has ever gotten for sure.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.