Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion I: The Purr of the Battle Rifle - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54473/t1741575-general-discussion-purr-of-battle-rifle/10.htm

Author:   Fury
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:57pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion I: The Purr of the Battle Rifle
-------------------------------------------
Didn't really think it was worthy of a new thread, but there's tons of new screenshots to ogle at. Campaign screenshots, War Games screenshots, Spartan Ops screenshots, character and enemy renders, and weapon and vehicle renders.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 7:33pm (PST)
quote Roy
quote Chrono
quote Roy
It's just a known fact that the BR is going to be a much more favored weapon over the DMR. It's going to come down to which one will work best for you in the situation you are in.

SIDE NOTE: I sold Left 4 Dead, Fable III Limited Edition, Left 4 Dead 2, BioShock 2, Borderlands, CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, LoZ: Skyward Sword (with wii mote), nunchuck for wii mote, and now I paid off Halo 4 Limited Edion, going to pay off Borderslands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Chest Edition, then Black Ops 2.

Where'd you sell them at?
Unfortunately GameStop. I got a little jealous over LOD-Squa and his bragging over paying off games, when I don't even have a job anymore since moving out of state (I have applied to 6 places).
I wasn't really bragging, per say, I just decided to pay them off before it was too late and I didn't have the money anymore. XD I didn't have a job at the time of that post.

Fury - Those characters and enemy renders are freaking sweet. They went all out making everything look extremely good. I love to see the return of the sniping jackal. It looks

Author:   Roy
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 8:10pm (PST)
Well then okay. I guess I am no stranger to the same situation you were in as well. Hopefully I should be getting a job at Gamestop or some wine store (both aren't too far apart from each other). At this point I will take both!

Author:   Chrono
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:31am (PST)
Well since it's becoming pretty apparent that Gears: Judgment is going to be an absolutely terrible game, I'm really hoping this game lives up to the hype. I'm planning on playing it a long time (unless Gears surprises, but right now it looks like a dumbed down, CoD fanbase oriented, re-hash of 3)

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:46pm (PST)
Gears judgment looks pretty meh. Hate some of the new additions, can't be assed to care for anything else.

Halo on the other hand is shaping up to be good. It looks good, literally. I'm amazed the 360 can spout graphics like that in real time and I really like some of the new additions to the game and campaign. Except helmets, god they look awful.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:17am (PST)
quote Ded Valve
Except helmets, god they look awful.
I won't argue. I'm gonna' be hard pressed to find anything I can tolerate.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:23am (PST)
The helmets won't be much of a problem for me, since I end up usually sticking to one kind of helmet (usually the most epic one in the game). Halo 3 I am wearing Recon and Halo Reach I am wearing Haunted Pilot.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 11:50am (PST)
Probably the worst review I've ever read.

The answer, of course, was very little. It looks like Halo, plays like Halo, sounds like Halo, and is extremely similar to the previous outings, to the point it is very hard to tell what, if anything, has actually been done to the gameplay itself. There are more superficial and noticeable changes - the graphics look terrific and highly polished, whilst the option of different load-outs (as opposed to character classes) could be beneficial depending on the opponent – whilst old complaints still remain. The balance is still a major problem, with the assault rifle in particular feeling overpowered, and the shield still makes multiplayer combat problematic.
lolwut?

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
Fury
I've heard the Assault Rifle got a buff, which is great news as I always thought it looked cool and might use it some now, but this review is whack.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
Chrono, hopefully it is a bit stronger. In Reach, I thought it was pretty much useless in AR start games because you always had a Magnum as your secondary, which was all around better.

The guy is crazy for thinking it's OP though. It's still going to have the inherent flaw of having a short range. Especially now that we get to choose to start with long range rifle every game.

The shield thing though is what I found really funny. I've never heard anyone complain about shields being a problem. That's essentially what makes Halo multiplayer what it is.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
AR needed a buff, as did most other weapons. I honestly think all weapons should be at almost the same level except for obviously the power weapons(sniper, rockets, shotgun).

Author:   TheESCapist
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 10:55am (PST)
It has only just sunk in that this beautiful game will be out next month. Omdjdudhieisseedyydsiinfdbduiskbh

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
Thought this was pretty cool:

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:00pm (PST)
I must have missed this. That is pretty cool. I didn't think they would allow this in a football game, but I guess they must have thought it was okay to do it (I mean with the school, not necessarily the use of it).

Author:   dyeriuss
Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 8:50am (PST)
whens the release of 4?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.