Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Thinking of getting Far Cry 3.. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54470/t1833202-thinking-of-getting-far-cry-3/

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 7:34pm (PST)
Subject:   Thinking of getting Far Cry 3..
-------------------------------------------
... but I'm kind of turned off by how FC2 was.. So, if you guys would help seal the deal for me, I'd appreciate that..

So, how is FC3 compared to FC2?

I hated the whole malaria (or whateves) thing in FC2, and the fact that an enemy camp I just cleared is fully manned after 5 mins.. Also, is there any kind of customisation in FC3 (weapons, vehicles)?

Author:   Spook
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 9:26pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Thinking of getting Far Cry 3..
No malaria!

Enemies' outposts don't respawn. There's dlc coming out that will let you manually reset them. You still have to deal with the occasional random scouting parties though, which can get annoying, and frequent.

You can hunt animals and craft things like weapon holsters and ammo satchels, and you can add additional things like scopes to certain weapons.

Can't do much with vehicles, other than destroy them.

Game is ten times better than FC2.

Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 11:24pm (PST)
No malaria?! YES!!!

How does the game perform on PS3?

Author:   Spook
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 11:34pm (PST)
That I don't know, but I haven't heard anything negative pertaining to the PS3 version specifically.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 3:06am (PST)
I've done 3 playthrough and it's froze twice Coi Cki, the game runs perfectly fine. I say go for it! I was much disappointed with FC2 as well, but this was my Game of the Year for 2012.

Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 7:00am (PST)
Thanks, A Person & jbh.. Going to get this on monday.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 3:41pm (PST)
can confirm it's epic.

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 5:48pm (PST)
quote Coi Cki
How does the game perform on PS3?
It performs excellently. And yeah, enemy outposts don't respawn after you take em over, resulting in vastly reduced enemies patrolling the surrounding area. Like a previous poster said, you still get the (very) occasional patrol wondering around a liberated area but its rare. And contrary to what he said they aren't a problem (imo) and they are easily dispatched or lost in your rear view mirror.

I had a blast with it tbh. It was one of the few games these days that I enjoyed so much I decided to platinum it.

Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 8:38pm (PST)
quote Pauliepoos
I had a blast with it tbh. It was one of the few games these days that I enjoyed so much I decided to platinum it.

How is the platinum in it? Any online trophies that might get in the way?

Author:   redneonfish
Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 8:21am (PST)
Coi Cki There's a couple of co op trophies for platinum which are, obviously, really easy. The rest of the trophies are relatively simple too, there's only one 'difficult' one and that's collecting all the perks; it's annoying because unlocking perks requires you to perform certain takedowns, and there aren't many areas in which you can perform some of them.

Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 9:06am (PST)
Thanks for your replies, JonesLFC, Pauliepoos and redneonfish. Deffs looking like a great game. Looking forward to it.

Author:   nipsen
Date:   Feb 23, 13 at 8:20am (PST)
Yeah, they've done at least some of the shader code over the spus, so dynamic lights, some of the shading is.. actually very nice. Not perfect framerate, but you don't get that on a reasonably fast pc either with a high detail setting. They've essentially made a compromise here - you get reasonably good overall framerate, fairly high effect settings, and none of the effects coming in suddenly drop the framerate. But you're not reaching the v-sync all the time. (I prefer that to sudden framedrops and static lighting, though..).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidf44fnS9M

Author:   AwakenedSoldier
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 9:42am (PST)
I enjoyed the idea of outposts re-spawning in FC2, I love lots of combat, malaria i'll agree that was a bit annoying, but FC3 has a lot of great features, except the one thing they took out that i loved, which was mounted weaponry in the Map editor, other than that the game is a great buy and worth every penny, especially since they added the Master difficulty and Reset outposts options into the game. Just stay away from the online at the moment until they fix the gun leveling issue.

Author:   dimy2000
Date:   May 04, 13 at 5:25am (PST)
AWESOME Game. I literally cannot stop playing it. It has an amazing story, endless things to do, a huge open world. it is just fantastic. my favourite game. it also has a great multiplayer.

Author:   citypest
Date:   Jul 03, 13 at 2:07am (PST)
Far cry 3 is a worth to play this game.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.