Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Moan Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54470/t1804393-moan-thread/

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 7:58am (PST)
Subject:   The Moan Thread
-------------------------------------------
My first moan.. Loot. 90% of it is worthless shit. Traffic cones, poker chips, someone's keys, crumpled cigerettes, enz enz. And what's the point in all those playing cards? When I first found an Ace playing card and read the description I thought 'cool, I can cheat at poker'. But no, you can't.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 8:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Moan Thread
I'm more interested in all the animal fetishes and pink fluffy handcuffs.

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
Whenever I loot a body, and pick up some guys used needle it's like why the hell would you even pick that up? and who wants to buy that?! And a traffic cone? where do I have room to put all of this stuff?

Selling all that crap is easy, but selling pelts/herbs is a pain in the ass. I've also had the game crash on my three times because I was trying to sell them.

Author:   oni_hero
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 10:05am (PST)
I agree with the loot, minor gripe for me.

The ONE and I mean one major complaint I have is how easily I die from small falls. I fell 2 feet, literally I fell off a rock that I could see over, and i died. Full health. Not sure why.

Side little note, why can I only carry like 5 medicine, but he uses all this backpack space to carry unlimited gauze to wrap his arm, traffic cones, used needles, DOLL HEADS, Ripped teddy bears.... Come on carry more medicine and less crap lol.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
quote oni_hero
Side little note, why can I only carry like 5 medicine, but he uses all this backpack space to carry unlimited gauze to wrap his arm, traffic cones, used needles, DOLL HEADS, Ripped teddy bears.... Come on carry more medicine and less crap lol.
You know you can upgrade your syringe kit, right? I think it goes up to 12.

I only have 2 gripes:
1. The enemies are way too aware of dead bodies- almost to the point that there's no point in hiding them. They won't be able to detect you behind a leaf, but they can see a dead body through dense foliage and sometimes even walls.

2. Some animals can take way too much damage.

Author:   Spook
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 1:56pm (PST)
Jason's kind of a whiner. No, *bleep* that. He whines a lot. I get he's an average dude, and part of the story is watching him evolve, or rather devolve, into a tribal warrior, but I wish there was a separate audio setting to turn his voice down, or off. That mumbled, worrying dialogue is irritating as vampire fleas.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 2:29pm (PST)

Ewww. *bleep*. Oh jesus. Ahhhh. Oh god oh jesus. Shh-. Aurgh!

yes! I GOT YOU!

You make a good point. ^

Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
quote A Person
Jason's kind of a whiner. No, *bleep* that. He whines a lot. I get he's an average dude, and part of the story is watching him evolve, or rather devolve, into a tribal warrior, but I wish there was a separate audio setting to turn his voice down, or off. That mumbled, worrying dialogue is irritating as vampire fleas.
Yeah, this was another thing I hated. Jason is the worst character ever.
Really, I hated every single one of his friends as well. Bunch of Cali snobs. Even his brother, the "soldier" died because he was an idiot. Maybe gotten a little farther away before checking that map? Oh well, he was just a Reservist- what do you expect?

Author:   oni_hero
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
quote oni_hero

I only have 2 gripes:
1. The enemies are way too aware of dead bodies- almost to the point that there's no point in hiding them. They won't be able to detect you behind a leaf, but they can see a dead body through dense foliage and sometimes even walls.

even upgraded it seems odd that he carries so few syringes and proceeds to use his GIANT backpack(96 items?!?) to carry useless shit. It's just a small little "Why in the hell?!?" sort of thing that made me laugh when I thought about it. Why would he not go "Wow, this medicine shit is useful, lets stash the ones I can't keep in this tiny ass needle case in this big ass backpack of mine!"

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 7:32pm (PST)
Another thing that bugged me about Jason is how quickly he turned into Rambo. My nephews started a new game on their own account and I watched them play the first few missions and I noticed that in the opening mission Jason is a complete rookie almost crying at the slightest thing then in the very next mission (well not counting activating the radio tower) he's single handily taking over an outpost. It just didn't feel natural. And why did he have to take over that outpost by himself while all his allies stood waiting further down the road??

Author:   Gamesta100
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 11:26pm (PST)
I guess if I had to moan about anything it would be that molotov enemies can really annoy me at times. Or that tbh I think the game is too short.

Author:   Dragonx00x
Date:   Dec 13, 12 at 3:01am (PST)
There just there for when you want or need extra money, that's why its a choice to pick them up. But it does get useless quite quickly.

My moan was the framerate but they patched it.

Now its Lack of vehicles in multiplayer. at least make it *bleep*ing possible to have fun with your friends or something. Demolition derby, but no. Ubisoft *bleep*ed us in the ass. Only weps

Date:   Dec 18, 12 at 5:54am (PST)
Why can't we look up and down while we're driving? I hijacked this one card with a crazy looking clutch -- tiki thing or maybe a relic of some sort -- but when I went to examine it I couldn't look down..

IIRC that was possible in 2.

Date:   Dec 18, 12 at 7:10am (PST)
quote oni_hero
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
quote oni_hero

I only have 2 gripes:

even upgraded it seems odd that he carries so few syringes and proceeds to use his GIANT backpack(96 items?!?) to carry useless shit. It's just a small little "Why in the hell?!?" sort of thing that made me laugh when I thought about it. Why would he not go "Wow, this medicine shit is useful, lets stash the ones I can't keep in this tiny ass needle case in this big ass backpack of mine!"
Well, you can carry the leaves needed to craft syringes in your backpack.
That's what I did. 12 healing syringes, plus, like 20 green leaves on reserve.

Date:   Dec 18, 12 at 7:43am (PST)
they can probably smell you coming.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.