Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion I - The Definition of Insanity - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54470/t1804019-general-discussion-definition-of-insanity/5.htm

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 5:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion I - The Definition of Insanity
-------------------------------------------
quote JonesLFC
Had far cry for xmas, played it for a little while, start of the game is so epic. Gonna love this game
Same here....I like the look of it, but i've only played it for about an hour and half so i'm not into it properly yet. I was flummoxed by the amount of information the game throws at you during the the first hour or so. Every 30 seconds some new information or tutorial popped up on screen. It was too much too soon, or maybe i'm just going senile.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 5:05pm (PST)
quote Pauliepoos
Same here....I like the look of it, but i've only played it for about an hour and half so i'm not into it properly yet. I was flummoxed by the amount of information the game throws at you during the the first hour or so. Every 30 seconds some new information or tutorial popped up on screen. It was too much too soon, or maybe i'm just going senile.
I was the same. After the first few i just dismissed them all straight away, probably going to regret that at some point though haha. Hopefully it's simple enough to understand anyway though. The last one was.

Thought the first cut scene was brilliant, and the gameplay and graphics are an improvement on the last game which was already brilliant. I lol'd when i read the back of the box. I was amazed in the last game how you could build your own maps. On this box it says build your own island!

Author:   Maestro
Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
im only about an hour into the game, so it's not much of a spoiler but

edit oh never mind found it

Author:   Tenken
Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
Dr. Earnhardt's place? Far west. Activate the tours and it should pop up too.

Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 7:28pm (PST)
Am I doing something wrong or are the enemy militia supposed to show up EVERY TIME I fire an unsilenced gun, no matter where I am in the world? Its getting quite annoying constantly getting ambushed every time I feel like 'going loud'.

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
quote Pauliepoos
Am I doing something wrong or are the enemy militia supposed to show up EVERY TIME I fire an unsilenced gun, no matter where I am in the world? Its getting quite annoying constantly getting ambushed every time I feel like 'going loud'.
That's one thing that annoyed me too. I'd have a silenced sniper, be perched on a cliff half a mile from an outpost, aim at a pirates head far in the distance but then miss. Suddenly the entire camp knows my wherabouts and are running towards me.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 9:58pm (PST)
Yeah, they'll come investigate any gunshots. It's mostly cool, but can be annoying in certain situations. Though you can lose them pretty easily by hiding. They'll investigate the area they heard it, not necessarily where you are.

I went through the game not using any suppressors, as I was trying to make it as realistic as possible. It made it a lot more fun using only the knife and bow while clearing out compounds.

EDIT::
Did anyone else get a notification about them "Seeking new community leaders"?
I clicked the link, but it's a private forum. You have to be a mod to find out information on becoming a mod.

Date:   Dec 28, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
Even if i'm in the middle of nowhere hunting animals, the enemies still show up after miraculously hearing the gunshots. Its a bit stupid to say the least.....Still, i'm having fun with the game, despite its drawbacks. Liberating outposts by releasing caged predators is always amusing.

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Dec 28, 12 at 4:49pm (PST)
Finished the story and *bleep*ing loved it, can't wait for any DLC. Just going through the co-op missions then Im going to head online.

Author:   Dogfood95
Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Yeah, they'll come investigate any gunshots. It's mostly cool, but can be annoying in certain situations. Though you can lose them pretty easily by hiding. They'll investigate the area they heard it, not necessarily where you are.

I went through the game not using any suppressors, as I was trying to make it as realistic as possible. It made it a lot more fun using only the knife and bow while clearing out compounds.

EDIT::
Did anyone else get a notification about them "Seeking new community leaders"?
I clicked the link, but it's a private forum. You have to be a mod to find out information on becoming a mod.
Yea I got one two, same thing. Maybe you have to have been here a long time or something

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 11:18am (PST)
That was a system error. It was only supposed to notify moderators.

Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
Oh, okay. Way to crush my hopes and dreams of becoming a moderator.

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
You had your sights set on a 360 section?

Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
It's actually not a big deal.
I would if someone asked me to, but I'm content with being a regular member.

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 11:12pm (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
It's actually not a big deal.
I would if someone asked me to, but I'm content with being a regular member.
It was for a Section Mod spot and that's only open to current Mods which is why you weren't able to view the forum.

If you have an interest in becoming a regular Moderator in the future then have a look here for more info.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.