Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Vaas' fate *SPOILERS* - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54470/t1802936-vaas-fate-spoilers/3.htm

Author:   Recevr999
Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 1:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Vaas' fate *SPOILERS*
-------------------------------------------
quote hiigaran
but then why would vaas want to fake his own death?
Probably because he knew Jason would end up been in the same situation of choosing to join or to leave, IDK.

All I'm seeing is Ubisoft been crafty with a DLC here.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 1:40pm (PST)
Probably because he knew Jason would end up been in the same situation of choosing to join or to leave
that...doesnt make sense to me.

or maybe im just being an idiot here...

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 2:51pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
Probably because he knew Jason would end up been in the same situation of choosing to join or to leave
that...doesnt make sense to me.

or maybe im just being an idiot here...
Lol, no it doesn't make much sense. (I wrote that just after I woke up lol)
What I meant was, Vaas would know that if Jason choose to join Citra, she would kill him, and if Jason choose to save his friends, he would leave the Island with them.
So Vaas could come back and take over the two islands again.
Vaas had tried to kill Jason many times and just ends up failing, so why not let fate do the work...

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 3:01pm (PST)
ahh, i understand now. that could make sense, but then how does vaas fake his death, if jason is apparently drugged? im sure there isnt a 'hallucinate the death of your enemy' syringe!

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 3:24pm (PST)
Syringe? I didn't say anything about a syringe.

This is what I believe happened, when Vaas stabbed Jason with the ceremonial knife (which him would probably poisoned), Jason fainted and started to hallucinate as Vaas was dragging Jason out of battle to be later found by a Rekyat, who would bring to Citra as Vaas flees.

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 3:34pm (PST)
Syringe? I didn't say anything about a syringe.
i know you didnt. i was referring to the others who thought it was.

Author:   AliB23
Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 5:38pm (PST)
I believe Vaas is dead. Lots of people mention his death in the missions after Jason kills him. I think it was a post on this forum somewhere that refers to the mushroom mission for Dr. Earnhardt. Although the whole experience is trippy when Jason reaches his goal (the mushrooms, killing Vaas) in these situations, he meets his goal in the 'sane' world as well.

I also think of the mission in which Jason kills Buck. There appears to be no drugs or any third-party involvement that should sway Jason's mind but when you fight him, it goes all weird with lights hovering in the air that weren't there before. I just think that we are getting into Jason's mind in these moments. He isn't thinking rationally anymore which is further shown through his conversations with his friends in the cave, particularly Liza. I love the contrast between the group's emotions in the cave and their emotions in the flashbacks that you participate in when you eat the weird berry in the cave on each visit. Jason is the definition of insanity.

Author:   Vaasgirlfriend
Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 2:16am (PST)
First I´m sorry for my bad English. But I hope you can understand it.
I don´t think Vaas is dead , there are sooooo many reasons why not:

-You were on drugs! Not like the first time with the mushrooms, at the first time you actually found the mushrooms. You were on drugs like the second time, the drugs from Citra.
-Citra has sooooo many reasons to lie to you, I mean she is his brother!!
-The knife, which Vaas stabbed Jason, looked kinda like the knife that we Citra gave (?just my opinion?)
-Before Jason stabbed Vaas, he head the knife in his right hand, and he didn't threw the knife to his other hand.
It was magical! And this can only happen on drugs!
- Vaas is on the cover!! Come on Ubisoft!! The real main character is in my opinion Vaas and he can´t die!! When did a ´cover character´ die! This is IMPOSSIBLE!!
-The real bad guy was Hoyt he f***** Vaas sooo up! And there is new potential for a new adventure! With Vaas!
-They never really showed his corpse. We only know it from Citra! We also don´t know were Jason woke up. I mean did he woke up in Vaas house or outside? If he woke up outside they never fought! Because Vaas went into his house.
- Jason stabbed Vaas ( in my opinion) in the Belly, so he could probably survive it!
- They can´t let this guy die!

What I don´t think:

-Vaas is real! He is not unreal because on the Website was written that Vaas is real. Why should he not be real? He is Citras REAL brother! He is Hoyts REAL deadliest Warrior! So no one is real if Vaas isn't real!
-Vaas is in Jason! That is impossible, because the story is not constructed with magic! I really really really really want Vaas to live but this is just impossible.

Author:   Alteon
Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 5:37pm (PST)
Vaas may not have died, but however the ceremonial knife he stabbed Jason with could have been an inuado way of showing the warrior in Jason i mean common Jason was obviously so messed up he could have been stabbed with a regular knife and see that dagger. Besides Jason was possibly going insane like vaas. He did say following citra would lead him the same water as himself. And the magicky yellow liquid from the dagger could have been poison because it almost seemed like Vaas was going to let that kill Jason because when he stabs him he just walks away.

Date:   Jan 14, 13 at 5:31am (PST)
-Before Jason stabbed Vaas, he head the knife in his right hand, and he didn't threw the knife to his other hand.
It was magical! And this can only happen on drugs!
actually, this bit is incorrect. when you go for the takedown, vass blocks you from stabbing him while you have the knife in your right hand. this part is correct. however, jason then lets go of the knife, and it falls in to his free hand. the first stab was with the left hand.

- Vaas is on the cover!! Come on Ubisoft!! The real main character is in my opinion Vaas and he can´t die!! When did a ´cover character´ die! This is IMPOSSIBLE!!
i can think of plenty of examples.

- Jason stabbed Vaas ( in my opinion) in the Belly, so he could probably survive it!
vaas was stabbed at least five times

Date:   Jan 14, 13 at 2:28pm (PST)
quote Vaasgirlfriend
Vaas is not just 'on the cover', he is the face of Far Cry 3. I don't care if Vaas is alive or dead, all in all it's just a game, but if Vaas is dead, why the hell is Ubisoft making us kill him by pressing just ONE button to kill him. I mean, he is the face of Far Cry 3, way would Ubisoft f*ck with us like this.

Author:   SwiftBlade
Date:   Jan 15, 13 at 3:04pm (PST)
OK. This is my main problem with Far Cry 3. Vaas was too good. He showed up all the other voice actors completely. Remember, ubisoft originally only had a standard bad guy in his place, with the real goal being Hoyt. Then along came Michael Mando, and they created Vaas. I reckon they knew they had something good, and that's why he's on the front cover. But they didn't want to get rid of hoyt, so instead of being the main bad guy, like he should have been, he was just some random guy. If they didn't, they could have rewritten the story oh so well. Vaas could have been a former warrior who got out of the Rakyat after citra pulled her "join me" shit. We could have seen Vaas become the negative side to Jason's drugged out personality, with the final confrontation being between them inside Jason's mind. There is so much symbolism for that kinda stuff, and Jason just being Vaas. But he didn't have enough exposure, and I was underwhelmed at his death. I didn't particularly care about Hoyt, because they put all the bad stuff on Vaas, like they should have, but just killed him off. So yeah. As fun as it was, and as amazing as Vaas was, Far Cry 3 had easily noticeable negative aspects.

Also Jason's a dick.

Author:   Vaasgirlfriend
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 10:18am (PST)
Vaas said ´´Them or me !!! ME or *bleep*in them! It´s like I have to make a fu**** choice!´´ If you think about it it´s like what Citra was goin to do with Jason. He had to make a choice between his friends ( them ) and Citra (me). AND Vaas told you the definition of insanity. Remember doin the exact same f**** thing over and over again, like Citra did. She did the same thing with Vaas and Jason over and over again.

Author:   Jew Boy
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 10:26am (PST)
Alright I made this just to comment on this but there's a trailer I saw once where Jason is tied to a chair blindfolded and Vaas is in front of him talking to his pointing and gun to Jason's head and Vaas puts it in Jason's hands and says "pull the trigger hermano. PULL THE ****ING TRIGGER!!!" Just like when your in the dream and shoot him I believe you are tripping from the knife/syringe that is stabbed into you and after you should him you conquer Vaas' spirit in your drug trip and when he opens his eyes after you kill him it's his spirit being absorbed into you letting him be "reborn" to fulfill his destiny of becoming king of the Rakyats but in you instead (kind of like saying you become Vaas) tell me what y'all think about this

Author:   Shahar R.
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 12:57am (PST)
quote hiigaran
but then why would vaas want to fake his own death?
I'm not sure if Vaas was intelligent enough for this, but if he did fake his own death it would be because he became a drug addict, Hoyt's bi***, he became his sisters enemy and he was really unstable.

I think he just wanted to get away from all of that, go to rehab and become a freaking lawyer or what not.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.