Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Information Thread. - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54444/t1653558-information-thread/8.htm

Author:   team groin
Date:   Jul 07, 11 at 3:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Information Thread.
-------------------------------------------
Pfft, screw not having a restriction on the weight system thingy I want it to be as realistic as possible. Also BOOOOO that they are no environmental finishers either. I guess I'm not gonna be picking up this game after all.

Author:   WWE_Champion
Date:   Jul 07, 11 at 4:39pm (PST)
I hope they put 2 vs 2 vs 2 in next years game.

Author:   sinas7
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 9:16am (PST)
update on the FAQ:

Q: How is the hit detection this year?

A:The hit detection is much improved this year. We've spent a good amount of time fine tuning individual moves that were having hit detection issues in the past. We've also adjusted the rate at which the striking Superstars rotates towards the opposing Superstars when they are not facing each other exactly. This gives you better range and cuts down on the amount of missed strike attacks. Lastly, we've also adjusted the diving attack hit detection quite a bit as well. We have some new technology in the game for diving attacks so that the attacks look a bit more natural and sync up better when the two Superstars collide. While hit detection is always a work in progress and almost impossible to get perfect, we believe this year will see some substantial improvements.

Q: Will stats determine Grapple lunge speed again this year?

A: Attribute levels do not determine Grapple Reach speed in WWE '12. Instead this speed is determined by the weight class of the Superstars. Each weight class has a corresponding Grapple Reach speed. As an example, Cruiserweights will have a faster reach speed than Heavyweights.

Q: Will we have the option to mute music playing during the menus as previous to '11?

A: Yes, music can always be muted in the Options Menu.

Q: Can you make the Championship belts one default size, so they're the same regardless of champ?

A: Yes, championship titles will be one default size so they are the same regardless of who holds it.

Q: Will there be a Commentary team for Smackdown this year? Cole, Mathews, Booker T?

A: The commentary team for WWE '12 is Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Q: Will there be new arenas in WWE '12?

A: Yes, there will be new arenas in WWE '12. Not only we will obviously update many of the arenas to match the WWE's PPV schedule, but we are also introducing some new, never before seen arenas that will be unlockable in Road To WrestleMania.

Q: Is the Skin Color Hue wheel back for CAWs or do we still have preset colors only?

A: Unfortunately the Skin Color Hue wheel is not back for Create-A-Superstar. We will address this feedback next year. We apologize for not being able to address this feedback for WWE '12.

Q: Do we still have Gender restrictions in WWE '12?

A: Yes, WWE '12 still uses gender restrictions to match what you seen on WWE television. This is a requirement for us to have in the game. Although we see several requests to lift this restriction from the game, this is not in our control. We apologize that we are unable to address this feedback.

there you go

Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 2:51pm (PST)
quote WWEGames
YES! "Exit themes" play at end of match. RT stephensonmc You've heard right -- WWE Superstar and Diva "Exit Themes" will be in #WWE '12!

Author:   The Hazard
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote team groin
Pfft, screw not having a restriction on the weight system thingy I want it to be as realistic as possible. Also BOOOOO that they are no environmental finishers either. I guess I'm not gonna be picking up this game after all.
...that's really what tipped it for you? Come on, son. Plus, thanks to the new physics system last year, certain finishers are technically environmental already. With the right position, you can do something sick like F-U your opponent onto the steel steps or Batista Bomb on a chair and whatever more.

Exit themes = awesome. Was kinda tired of hearing the intro to Rey's theme playing when he won a match.

Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 3:22pm (PST)
Yea, Exit Themes should be a good thing to add.

Author:   killer iPod
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 3:50pm (PST)
Q: Will there be a Commentary team for Smackdown this year? Cole, Mathews, Booker T?

A: The commentary team for WWE '12 is Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Q: Will there be new arenas in WWE '12?

A: Yes, there will be new arenas in WWE '12. Not only we will obviously update many of the arenas to match the WWE's PPV schedule, but we are also introducing some new, never before seen arenas that will be unlockable in Road To WrestleMania.
Ah, was hoping for the two sets of announce teams. Would have been odd having Booker, maybe, as a playable and on the announce table too, haha. Michael Cole should be hilarious on commentary if they've given him some heelish line. Will be pretty gutted if it's just the generic stuff from last years game again.

Looking forward to finding out those never before seen arenas, too. Although, as they're to do with RTW, I can't imagine them being quite what I'm hoping for. I'm calling an empty arena as one, haha.

Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 4:08pm (PST)
Haz, you know I've wanted those things since 2003

I guess I'll give it a rent then...

Author:   TripleDX
Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 5:39pm (PST)
the exit themes should be good!

the unlockable never before seen arenas should be a nice touch

Author:   sinas7
Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 5:43pm (PST)
sinas here, bringing another batch of Q&A's:

Q: Will WWE '12 have "Exit Themes?"

A: Yes, WWE '12 will have exit themes for all Superstars/Divas who have them.

Q: Are the championships their realistic size this year?

A: Yes, all championships are scaled to their actual size in WWE '12

Q: Will WWE '12 have curvetrons, sidetrons, and minitrons for all entrances in WWE '12?

A: We're doing our best to ensure that we have all proper "trons" in WWE '12!

Q: Can the RKO be hit from any position, countering a diving moves, etc a la WWE All Stars?

A: This is a very cool, entertaining, and exciting part of WWE All-Stars. So much so, that the team is investigating the possibility of having this functionality in the future. So, unfortunately this is not possible in WWE '12, but we are excited about the possibility of adding this type of functionality in future WWE games.

Q: If you get the Gameplay as you want it this year, will it remain unchanged with added features next year?

A: This is a difficult question to answer. We are always looking to make substantial improvements to gameplay. Now that we have new technology in the game, we have a lot more opportunities to push the limits of what we can do in gameplay. The team has a long list of improvements we want to make ranging from animation quality improvements, to new gameplay functionality, and implementating new gameplay strategies. So the short answer to this question is 'no'. We are always going to look to build upon what was fun and what work while also looking to add new gameplay features that make the WWE experience as authentic and, most importantly, fun as possible.

Q: Has the ladder sound glitch from last year been fixed? (the loud repeated ladder clash sounds)

A: Yes, our audio engineer identified the issue and has fixed this bug.

Q: Will WWE '12 have the SmackDown custom nameplates?

A: Unfortunately WWE '12 will not have the custom Superstar nameplates for SmackDown. We didn't have enough time to include these in the game this year. However, we will throw it on the list of presentation improvements for next year.

Q: Will The Wii have Superstar threads in WWE '12?

A: Unfortunately the Superstar Threads feature is not on the Wii version of WWE '12. We will continue to look for ways to overcome technical hurdles and challenges to deliver the popular game features fans want on all consoles.

Q: Can you add a feature been added to alphabetize our CAWs?

A: This is a good idea. We will investigate doing this for next year's product.

Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 5:53pm (PST)
Q: Can the RKO be hit from any position, countering a diving moves, etc a la WWE All Stars?

A: This is a very cool, entertaining, and exciting part of WWE All-Stars. So much so, that the team is investigating the possibility of having this functionality in the future. So, unfortunately this is not possible in WWE '12, but we are excited about the possibility of adding this type of functionality in future WWE games.
This would be great.

Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 6:47pm (PST)
you can do that in All Stars??

Author:   killer iPod
Date:   Jul 10, 11 at 10:04pm (PST)
Never tried it myself but I can see it being possible. Someone going for a springboard and then hitting the finisher buttons with Orton. None the less, it'd be an awesome feature in future WWE games. Although, other than the RKO, it'd be heard to rack up a list of high profile moves/finishers that'll make it all worthwhile.

Date:   Jul 10, 11 at 10:56pm (PST)
Yea, it would be awesome if in the future you can hit current finishers when your opponent jumps off the top rope.

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Jul 10, 11 at 11:01pm (PST)
I swear they should have been added that since sometimes i get kicked when i do move from the top rope and that should follow a stone cold stunner or something.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.