Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hard-Scoping: Why is it hated? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1715934-hard-scoping-hated/2.htm

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 4:22am (PST)
Subject:   re: Hard-Scoping: Why is it hated?
-------------------------------------------
MW2 bent sniping over.

It's been a joke ever since, regardless of how you do it.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 4:34am (PST)
I think quick or hard or whatever you wanna call it scoping is hated because it's simply improper use of a sniper rifle. At least that's one of the few reasons I don't like it.

Author:   blackomega34
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 9:21am (PST)
^'Hardscoping' IS the proper way to snipe, area denial as some said earlier.

Author:   Matt 123456789
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 9:24am (PST)
Who cares? Using a sniper in general makes you a *bleep* imo, if you're sitting in one spot 'sniping' then you're just camping with a sniper rifle. I used to love sniping in the COD 4 days, but Sniping has been ruined since then, used to get into some epic battles with a sniper on maps like Wetwork, Ambush or Crossfire

Author:   CrematedMan
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 9:26am (PST)
It's when you're sitting in the back of the map all game that you are despised.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 11:16am (PST)
Hard Scoping ? That'll just be "Using a sniper rifle" then ?

And the only people who hate "hardscopers" are "quickscopers" who inevitably get beaten by the guys playing properly, so feel the need to cheapen their playstyle in a lame attempt at justifying their own.

Again, its kinda like fat chicks who all get together and call good looking girls ugly or pretend they are all slags to make themselves feel better. Its just a communial lie.

It happens in COD alot. Run'n'gunners often pretend that campers are anything ranging from bastards and idiots, to nazi's, peado's and child mollesters to make themeselves feel better when they get their knickers ina twist.

What we/they need to realise is that though these insults happen alot and we all do em, none of it is actually true.

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:08pm (PST)
I think CrematedMan is exactly right. It's laughable when you're using an Assault Rifle to camp in a corner, because that takes three bullets to kill and sometimes I can turn on you and embarrass you. When you're hardscoping, it takes one bullet and has so much more range. Hardscoping is essentially camping, and quick scoping imo is the opposite, and, if consistent, is quiet skillful. I've said it before and I'll shamelessly say it again, I would MUCH rather being killed by a quick scoper, so much more than someone who hasn't moved for at least thirty seconds, and he's outside of my range.

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:16pm (PST)
It's getting to that stage where even I'd rather be killed by a quickscoper too, *bleep*ing hate people who sit in one place but when they do that and they can see you across the map whilst losing the game and making no effort to get the B flag back it really *bleep*ing irks me. Thank *bleep* for ballistic vests that's all I can say

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
^ I dont really mind any of em.

What i mind is being killed, and snipers arnt perticularly good at that in my experience. SMG and AR users worry me way more than any sniper ever could regardless of how they play.

My mate GAV uses a bolt action with ACOG mind you, and he does pretty well. Like any decent sniper though he does a bit of camping, a bit of run'n'gun, a bit of quickscoping and a bit of everything really. Also he isnt afraid to pick up enemy weapons for a decent secondary.

He does whatever is required to get the kill whilst staying alive himself and doesnt limit his options by self labelling. Flexibility. Its what all good players do.

EDIT: Ok sorry guys, again my ignorance of objective modes comes up. I can totally see why a camping sniper would piss you off in those game modes. yeah... that would seriously annoy me. Everyone else off bursting their nuts whilst the snipers sit there on EZ street refusing to help.

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:25pm (PST)
No I just hate cheap deaths, hence why I dislike anyone who uses a sniper

Author:   UrbanLegend2012
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:25pm (PST)
Hard Scoping isn't sitting in one spot for the whole game. If you're a decent sniper, you'll move to different positions every two to three kills you get. People who sit in the back of the map and snipe while sitting there the whole game is camping. Those of you who keep saying sniping is camping in one spot need to pay attention, cause you're starting to get really annoying.

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:29pm (PST)
^ Gotta agree with that Urban Legend.

I have two mates who snipe often (one of which i mentioned above) and neither camp very often. they will if it poses an advantage, but once the kills dry up they immediately move on.

Sniping and Camping are not synonimous.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
quote Matt 123456789
Who cares? Using a sniper in general makes you a *bleep* imo, if you're sitting in one spot 'sniping' then you're just camping with a sniper rifle. I used to love sniping in the COD 4 days, but Sniping has been ruined since then, used to get into some epic battles with a sniper on maps like Wetwork, Ambush or Crossfire
I've never agreed with anyone in this forum more.

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 1:53pm (PST)
^ You agree with what ?

That sniping was better in COD4 (which i also agree with) Or that snipers in general are "****'s" ?

Which i also agree with, but only after being shot with a sniper, hey, i'll admit it. Snipers on my team or crap enemy snipers (99% of em) are A-OK in my book.

Author:   DuckReconMajor
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 1:57pm (PST)
The only time "hardscoping" is a problem is if you're in one of them "quick scope lobbies".

And honestly, I still don't see why camping is bad. If you're sitting still, I'm going to watch the killcam and know exactly where you are. Just makes the game easier for me.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.