Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hard-Scoping: Why is it hated? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1715934-hard-scoping-hated/

Author:   Reginald
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 2:37am (PST)
Subject:   Hard-Scoping: Why is it hated?
-------------------------------------------
I never really understood why hard-scoping is heavily frowned upon. I normally get a lot of shit from other players when I find a good spot where I can pick off tons of players or defend a flag effectively. You're using a gun the way it was intended and you're using hotspots of a map to your advantage. There's nothing wrong using Area Denial.

If you're going to quick-scope, go use an Assault Rifle. They have around the same effective range and kills are more reliable than hastily firing luck shots in a hit-or-die scenario.

Feel free to post your two cents (and don't create a shit-storm while you're at it).

Author:   Anonymous Reborn
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 2:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: Hard-Scoping: Why is it hated?
It needs moar 360° spins and building jumping

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 2:51am (PST)
I don't even know why the term came about to begin with. Sniping is sniping, not *bleep*ing hardscoping. Just because you need a shit term to describe your cheesy way of 'sniping', doesn't mean you have to go make some bullshit one yourself just to differentiate yourself from people who use sniper rifles normally.

Yeah, as you can tell, I hate people who call me 'Hardscopers', and I hate it even more when 10 year old trolls give me shit for it just because they are hardcore born and bred 1337 quickscopers. To be honest though, I don't even know why they call me it to begin with, it's very rarely I'll stay scoped in for more than a second to kill someone. And no, that doesn't make me a quickscoper, it's just called having fast reactions and aiming and not being a dick with it. Hur hur, quickscoping is so hard man, takes months of practise and skill to do.

Author:   Faded
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 2:58am (PST)
I don't *bleep*ing know. I'm still wondering what is wrong with Quickscoping, knifing, and other things like that.

People just need a reason to hate the game.

Author:   Reginald
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 2:59am (PST)
The term itself 'Hardscoping' was probably created by the same people who thought quickscoping was "1337 and pr0". I have no problems with QSers, but the obnoxious ones are the ones that everybody in general hates.

If only it was just called 'sniping', but people are bound to start new things, whether you like it or not.

Author:   Kholdstare
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:02am (PST)
Lol. isn't hardscoping effectively "Camping"? I mean, your sitting at a vantage point of some kind 80% of the time, why don't they just call you a camper

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:02am (PST)
quote Faded
You being one of said people.

quote Kholdstare
Lol. isn't hardscoping effectively "Camping"? I mean, your sitting at a vantage point of some kind 80% of the time, why don't they just call you a camper
Only a shit sniper will stay in the same spot for the entire game after getting revenged killed after revenged killed after revenged killed.

FFS just call it sniping, and no, someone who knows how to snipe properly and effectively for the team and knows how to maximise his effectiveness doesn't camp, nor does he run around pretending his Barrett M82 is a *bleep*ing Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun either.

Author:   Kholdstare
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:08am (PST)
quote HU1CH13
quote Faded

quote Kholdstare
Only a shit sniper will stay in the same spot for the entire game after getting revenged killed after revenged killed after revenged killed.

FFS just call it sniping, and no, someone who knows how to snipe properly and effectively for the team and knows how to maximise his effectiveness doesn't camp, nor does he run around pretending his Barrett M82 is a *bleep*ing Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun either.
Lol, oh so staying in the same spot FOR THE ENTIRE GAME is a camper? I just thought being in any one place for longer than 30secinds.. in that case nevermind xD

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:13am (PST)
quote Kholdstare
I just thought being in any one place for longer than 30secinds.. in that case nevermind xD
That is true, unless you're using a sniper rifle, then it's okay. I don't expect someone to be carrying a heavy bolt action rifle to be able to clear their path while sprinting to the enemy flag, clear out any real campers at their base, take the flag, then sprint back to our base to cap the flag while fighting off any resistance on the way more effectively and quicker (speed is important in CTF) than me with a SMG or AR.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:24am (PST)
Quick-scopers hate people that hard-scope cause they think its all that swag lol

Author:   ditto
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:30am (PST)
quote DarkBlade725
Quick-scopers hate people that hard-scope cause they think its all that swag lol
Lol. Why don't we all just agree that it's sniping, not "hardscoping."

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:39am (PST)
I don't see it hated on by anyone but those who are those "1337 qu1cksc0perz" kiddies.

I don't care how you snipe. I can have fun sitting back sniping, or be in the fray quickscoping.

Author:   Faded
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
quote HU1CH13
quote Faded

Withing reason, just like everyone else?

I wasn't discluding myself from the group of haters

Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:49am (PST)
quote ditto
quote DarkBlade725
Lol. Why don't we all just agree that it's sniping, not "hardscoping."

You'll piss off the uber talented quickscopers bro.

Author:   ditto
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:53am (PST)
HU1CH13 Oh snap they might come at me with their 1337 skills and I could get montage'd :X

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.