Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1707841-requests-suggestions-feedback-announcements/3.htm

Author:   DarkGenesis
Date:   Jan 09, 12 at 8:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements
-------------------------------------------
quote Whelan
i ain't hosting
you'll do as you're told

Author:   Matt 123456789
Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:34am (PST)
Compared with the same time after release date of previous Call of Duty games this forum is dead, you lot should get the moan thread back out, who gives a shit if it'll increase negativity? Better than having a dead forum

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:45am (PST)
I can't see why like Every Friday night 8 to 9 we get a group and do some private matches. See how things go then we can think about FFA Tournaments ?

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 6:50am (PST)
quote Matt 123456789
Compared with the same time after release date of previous Call of Duty games this forum is dead, you lot should get the moan thread back out, who gives a shit if it'll increase negativity? Better than having a dead forum
That "best feature" thread died off pretty fast too.

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 11:46am (PST)
quote Matt 123456789
Modern Warfare 2 was at a PPD of around 400 in the January after its release.

I couldn't find out about Black Ops, but it was probably not far off the PPD of this forum right now, 175.

quote Whelan
play it on the Wii and tell me they're the same game.

wow

black ops it was separate. Why not the same here? mw3 the wii game was made by treyarch, there's a complete different community. Probably some other stuff always that i could add
Forgot to reply to this. Have you played it yourself? They're exactly the same. Same campaign, same multiplayer (except 5v5), even spec ops is in it albeit a bit less of it.

This message was edited on 2012-01-10T04:18:08-08:00.

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:27pm (PST)
Then why was the Black Ops one a different forum?
Because they're complete different communities. PC, Xbox, and PS3 have the same type game but Wii is a weaker console and doesn't get any of the support that the others get.

No right to put them in the same merged forum

The big one though is that Treyarch made the game, therefore it would need a different Producer on the profile page which cannot be done without making a new profile for the game.

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
They have different age ratings, how can they be the same?

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:33pm (PST)
They have the same age ratings.

Whelan - They're all the same. The only reason it doesn't get DLC is because that doesn't exist on the Wii and it doesn't get as much support because very few people even play it, that's hardly a reason to make them completely separate. Same game, same forum, there's no reason why it should be different because one version is on an inferior console.

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:35pm (PST)
different developers though.

you can't just view the MERGED profile with wii, xbox, ps3 and then see Infinity Ward as the developers, when as a fact it was Treyarch.

Therefore needs it's own profile

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:39pm (PST)
Own profile yes, own forum no. Why should Wii players (if any) suffer with a 0 PPD forum when they have questions that can easily be answered here by any of you? If they become separate and a Wii player decides to ask their question here instead of the Wii forum they'd be flamed to high hell just for playing the Wii, then told to go back to their own forum.

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:42pm (PST)
The one for Black Ops didn't have a 0 PPD?

lul, flamed to hell

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
Sorry, please show me all the Wii related threads within the last week, or the last month, that have popped up in this forum. Not the PTO, DreamCrafter made that and would not have done so if they were separate forums.

Why is that funny? Unless you're laughing at the immaturity of most of the community, in that case it is kind of funny.

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
Oh shit you're right, was thinking of the DS game

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 12:52pm (PST)
You still haven't answered the question as to why this one can't have one when the Black Ops one had a separate forum. And the fact that the Black Ops one didn't have a 0 PPD but you decided to make up a fictional value for no reason.

I doubt we'll see any Wii related threads because of the fact this forum is so PS3, Xbox, PC dominant that one mention of the word Wii, and I doubt anyone would reply.

So for example if someone said,
"oh I saw someone glitch into the truck on Outpost

Wii btw"*

How would anyone reply? And by the time someone who does play the Wii views the forum it'll already be dead and buried.

*Purely made up

inb4 all the mods of neo come in this thread to back other mods like they always *bleep*ing do.

And yep it's funny

i believe the player 75 plays on the wii, he might have made a few threads but i haven't checked.

ps: i posted a large post to blind you with words so that you'll give up

This message was edited on 2012-01-10T05:03:41-08:00.

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 1:05pm (PST)
quote Whelan
You still haven't answered the question as to why this one can't have one when the Black Ops one had a separate forum. And the fact that the Black Ops one didn't have a 0 PPD but you decided to make up a fictional value for no reason.

I doubt we'll see any Wii related threads because of the fact this forum is so PS3, Xbox, PC dominant that one mention of the word Wii, and I doubt anyone would reply.

So for example if someone said,
"oh I saw someone glitch into the truck on Outpost

Wii btw"*

How would anyone reply? And by the time someone who does play the Wii views the thread it'll already be dead and buried.

*Purely made up

inb4 all the mods of neo come in this thread to back other mods like they always *bleep*ing do

Because that's a stupid point that's not even worth answering. It was hardly a fictional value for no reason, I was emphasising the point the forum will be dead. There is no reason at all why they should be split, it's not hard to just state the Wii version was developed by Treyarch on the profile, that was the only shadow of a reason you had why they should be split.

Won't see any Wii threads because it's so PC/360/PS3 dominant? Haha. If a Wii player came along and wanted to post about bad spawns or a bad weapon like anybody can do, they will I'm sure. There just isn't very many of them it seems.

Horrific example, you know this community, you're just being pedantic to try and add validity your moot point. You mention "by the time anyone who does play the Wii views the thread" as if it actually matters what console players play when they view threads. The PS3 version and the 360 version have different glitches, is this a good reason for those two to be split? No.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.