Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1707841-requests-suggestions-feedback-announcements/2.htm

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 11:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements
-------------------------------------------
quote tyranitar24
I think it'd be cool if we could set up some Neo tournament to see who's the best. Thoughts guys? Do different game modes, etc.

DreamCrafter Whelan Pro King darkgenesis PhoenixBlue Mia HU1CH13 Matt 123456789 ditto boyd12

We should do a Single Tournement. I was involed with something like this before and it seemed to have worked perfetly.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/MW3-Pan-European-Xmas-Solo-Tournament/td-p/14422005

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
Like Whelan said, last year the Black Ops forum tried to run a tournament for each console which some of you will remember, the 360 one only got one round done whereas the PS3 one didn't even manage that IIRC. Too many people sign up and then just don't bother, some don't log in for a while so that's understandable to an extent but some just completely ignore all the notifications and PMs. Easy enough to kick people out but it always happens and is always a problem.

tyranitar24 it would most likely be exactly the same rules as the Black Ops tournaments (360, PS3) as in terms of preparation it was sound. Simple enough host management, randomiser that picked the matches and teams. The only thing that would need to be changed would be the banned weapons and killstreaks list.

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 11:29am (PST)
quote Whelan
It's a decent idea but I won't take part. The one in Black Ops took like 3 months to start and it flopped.

And me and you did beast it! XD If you're wondering, Liam, I've deleted Kik.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 1:40pm (PST)
I like the idea, but the only way I can see this working is

(1. Single 1v1's. Any more and time zones along with other circumstances will become more apparent than they already are.

(2. The game would have to be relatively simple. FFA, TDM, or KC. You could try S&D, but a 1v1 Search is kind boring but that's subjected.

This seems like a cool idea, but it's going to be incredibly hard for it to commence.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 1:52pm (PST)
quote Rune Ripper
Like Whelan said, last year the Black Ops forum tried to run a tournament for each console which some of you will remember, the 360 one only got one round done whereas the PS3 one didn't even manage that IIRC.
Nah the PS3 got quite a few done, but there was a lack of activity from some of the members so not much could get done.

It'll be the same for this forum to be honest and seeing as planning is at a considerable later stage than before, you'll have your work cut out

2v2 games work well though, because 1v1 will be boring as *bleep*.

Author:   DarkGenesis
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 1:57pm (PST)
tyranitar24 i'd be up for it fo sho, would it be like 1v1s or 3v3 kind of thing?

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 3:32pm (PST)
I agree with Whelan, last time we done this it completely failed due to lack of interest once we had actually started it.

I've got the randomiser and I also believe the scoring code and database all on my server still

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 3:51pm (PST)
The game's too connection based for anyone outside the US or UK to participate.

Sounds like a good idea, but something that isn't competitive, like getting together to do Michael Myers, or Gun Game, etc. would be better. Not competitive = I don't give a shit about my connection.

Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 3:53pm (PST)
Infected > Mike Myers

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 3:55pm (PST)
Infected then

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
I understand that the Black Ops one was overall a failure, but seriously, what's the harm in trying it again for MW3? I think if the mods or whoever is going to organize this are vigilant with the preparation of it, it'll work.

Author:   PhoenixBlue
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 5:34pm (PST)
quote Ajax
The game's too connection based for anyone outside the US or UK to participate.

Sounds like a good idea, but something that isn't competitive, like getting together to do Michael Myers, or Gun Game, etc. would be better. Not competitive = I don't give a shit about my connection.

We could always try and get someone like Whelan, too host a bunch of private matches every now then ( E.g One in the Chamber, Juggernaut etc).

I say Whelan (as an example), because I know most people would be able to connect to him

Author:   redmanc90
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 6:04pm (PST)
quote PhoenixBlue
We could always try and get someone like Whelan, too host a bunch of private matches every now then ( E.g One in the Chamber, Juggernaut etc).

I say Whelan (as an example), because I know most people would be able to connect to him
I didn't take part last time, but from what I remember a lot of random new people searched for Bl'ops competitions & joined Neo saying they'd take part but then when it started didn't show up. Something to watch out for that if it goes ahead.
Make it casual and people are much more likely to compete, because if you make it too competitive people would be put off out of fear that they are not up to the standard or people taking it too seriously.

Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 6:14pm (PST)
i ain't hosting

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 11:47pm (PST)
I think the number of you/us/we/all on the PS3 and especially the Playing to Own lot should sort out some private matches to run as a competition sort of thing.

Oh snap, been suggested above.

I second that motion.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.