Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: any quick ways to level up guns? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1699550-any-quick-ways-to-level-up-guns/2.htm

Author:   eXpEd4bLe No0b
Date:   Feb 26, 12 at 1:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: any quick ways to level up guns?
-------------------------------------------
Different gun types take different amount of weapon xp so I depends on your play style and weather you use support or asult point streaks

Author:   xPrioroftheOrix
Date:   May 01, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
Right now i have every gun max lvl and/or gold except for 9 including secondaries. Most of them are snipers and a couple shotguns. It can depend on the way you play to, if your like me and avarage 20+ kills a match with minimul death then tdm is your best bet as it is 100 xp per kill to your gun. KC can be a big help to so long as you grab those tags, even if a team mate pics up your tag you still get the other 50 xp and will be getting 100 per kill.

Im not a prestige type of person, never really cared for titles and what not. Just goes to waste the next game that comes out. But gold on a weapon is alwase noticable so its been my personal challange as well and has gone quiet swimmingly i might ad. Just those snipers can be a pain sense there generally a campin weapon and im a runner lol. Acog hooooo.

Author:   bamboozle2345
Date:   May 04, 12 at 8:38pm (PST)
i play hardcore to level up weapons quick. i only do it for the pistol though. until i get my tactical knife

Author:   donmonster
Date:   May 08, 12 at 4:57am (PST)
Q: any quick ways to level guns up?

A: shoot people

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   May 08, 12 at 5:51am (PST)
quote donmonster

LOL, I refrained from saying this, but i cant think of any other answer.

Author:   Jknucklez
Date:   May 08, 12 at 8:17am (PST)
quote CAGarber
Headquarters. If you're on the winning team that is.
This. 300-0 turns into a TDM.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   May 08, 12 at 1:38pm (PST)
Jknucklez one of the things that make me into a pretty much FFA-only player lol

Author:   donmonster
Date:   May 08, 12 at 4:04pm (PST)
quote KR_1250
quote donmonster

Seriously though. The only thing I could think of to tell the kid is between my smartass remark. AND

Try to do all the gun challenges. With an AR I can be done with them all right around 4 or 500 kills. But then your stuck trying to get 500 more for gold, which is a long grind.

If u add up all the weapons xp from level 1 to 30. That's how much it takes to get from 30 to 31, which ends up being about 500 kills.

Date:   May 08, 12 at 11:31pm (PST)
quote donmonster
quote KR_1250
quote donmonster

Seriously though. The only thing I could think of to tell the kid is between my smartass remark. AND

Try to do all the gun challenges. With an AR I can be done with them all right around 4 or 500 kills. But then your stuck trying to get 500 more for gold, which is a long grind.

If u add up all the weapons xp from level 1 to 30. That's how much it takes to get from 30 to 31, which ends up being about 500 kills.
I dont think i have ever looked at a weapon challenge in this game, everything is too easy. How anyone struggles to level up guns is beyond me. I was playing MW2 this week and its like 150 kills for an ACOG and the headshot challenges for Camo are simply a vastly better way of achieving them.

The entire weapons levelling system is stupidly easy now. Utterly boring and no skill required. As i said i dont get how anyone can struggle.

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   May 09, 12 at 6:19am (PST)
quote KR_1250
I dont think i have ever looked at a weapon challenge in this game, everything is too easy. How anyone struggles to level up guns is beyond me. I was playing MW2 this week and its like 150 kills for an ACOG and the headshot challenges for Camo are simply a vastly better way of achieving them.

The entire weapons levelling system is stupidly easy now. Utterly boring and no skill required. As i said i dont get how anyone can struggle.
I completely disagree with this, I think the way the weapon levels are is brilliant. It makes it easier sure, but that is what something as trivial as camos needs, because when it was done by headshots, that was when boosters came out to play. Fall camo in MW2 meant nothing cause it was easier to boost. In Mw3 with the weapon levels, if someone has Autumn or Gold, you know that they have a great deal of experience under their belt, not just got a friend into Free for All, and I think the unbelievably large grind for gold is solid as well, simply because it just shows experience, if there was an 'easy way' of getting gold on a gun would it really be all that worth it? So yes it's simple, which has it's downsides, but honestly they don't need to concentrate on weapon unlocks they can't even balance a game yet.

Author:   CODfather
Date:   May 09, 12 at 7:02am (PST)
Dont use any attachements till level 30, unless you really want too. just use 1 attachement and one proficiency. once you hit level 30 for your gun, use every attachement and proficiency possible. mix n match. for example red dot on striker, next game holographic sight. And youll level up your gun faster. 2x-3x faster. I also heard if you put camo on your gun its levels up faster? =-/ not sure about the camo thing tho.

Date:   May 09, 12 at 7:28am (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
quote KR_1250

I completely disagree with this, I think the way the weapon levels are is brilliant. It makes it easier sure, but that is what something as trivial as camos needs, because when it was done by headshots, that was when boosters came out to play. Fall camo in MW2 meant nothing cause it was easier to boost. In Mw3 with the weapon levels, if someone has Autumn or Gold, you know that they have a great deal of experience under their belt, not just got a friend into Free for All, and I think the unbelievably large grind for gold is solid as well, simply because it just shows experience, if there was an 'easy way' of getting gold on a gun would it really be all that worth it? So yes it's simple, which has it's downsides, but honestly they don't need to concentrate on weapon unlocks they can't even balance a game yet.
^ Couldnt really disagree more. I think we are of completely opposing and irreconcilable views here.

Fall camo in MW2 meant nothing cause it was easier to boost.
Bit of an exajuration, maybe "High camo's in MW2 wernt as meaningful for those who boosted" would be better ? I mean for your argument to be valid a massive proportion of players would have to have done it. I dont think it was as bad as you assume. I seen about 5 pairs of boosters in MW2 and dont know anyoen who did it. Just not a big enough issue to make much of an impact on me. Kinda like worrying about being hit by a metoerite.

if someone has Autumn or Gold, you know that they have a great deal of experience under their belt
Totally not being a dick here but no... no i dont know that at all. I give them nothing what-so-ever. Getting a gold couldnt be easier. its like giving someone a medal for breathing IMO.

I think the unbelievably large grind for gold is solid as well, simply because it just shows experience
Large grind ? Its no grind IMO. And it shows that someone plays alot. Dont see why that is something to be in awe of.

if there was an 'easy way' of getting gold on a gun would it really be all that worth it?
There is an easy way, infact the only way to get gold guns couldnt possible be any easier. AND this is MY point. If its too easy to get gold guns then they are indeed not worth it. This is exactly what does happen in MW3.

In any case, the main reason I want tough challenges is for me, i dont care what boosters do or how anyone else views or rates my experience or skill. I dont really prance about the battlefield worrying how i look to other players. Its a personal goal thing, a goal i no longer have to aim for despite what everyone else might or might not be doing.

Author:   Jknucklez
Date:   May 12, 12 at 4:59pm (PST)
quote CAGarber
Jknucklez one of the things that make me into a pretty much FFA-only player lol
Well isn't this funny lol.

The spawns is what makes me never play FFA, unless its 3x6 game mode. I do not like being killed by the same player 4 times in a row giving them a same person 4 man feed.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   May 13, 12 at 6:38am (PST)
it's all a big shame, because I love Domination and HQ, but it always turns into TDM, and TDM turns out to be Try-hard kingdom, so I just play FFA. But I got so irritated by the overabundance of quickscoping so I simply started playing black ops again.

Author:   BlindSight
Date:   May 13, 12 at 6:44am (PST)
Protip: Play hardcore for shotgun masterkey attachment, and/or grenade launcher if you're not very good with them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.