Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1677975-three-reasons-call-of-duty-sucks/2.htm

Author:   Smell The Chiken
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 12:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks
-------------------------------------------
quote Kave En
1. Copy and paste formula. Ever since Call Of Duty 4, the series has had the same style of gameplay and the graphics are maybe 10% better. The core gameplay mechanics remain the same. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". No, but what's wrong with evolving and refining? The series is going to collapse under its own weight, mark my words.

2. The community. The people that play this game are usually in their early teens, who care about their kill/death ratio more then their grades in school, and insist on insulting another player's mother with several "*bleep*s" thrown in for good measure every 5 seconds.

3. It's not fun anymore. Call Of Duty has worn out. I guarantee you Modern Warfare 3 won't match the sales of Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2. Nobody cares about this has-been franchise anymore.
1. It is the same because it is good. They tweak a little bit, and that's all that is needed.

2. Every community sucks. My buddy who plays a bunch of online games basically hates everyone outside of who he plays with. COD is just the biggest so it gets the worse rep.

3. Been proven wrong already.

Fail trolling.

Author:   Kave En
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 12:35am (PST)
First off, you morons, this is a forum for DISCUSSION, not *bleep*ing homosexual orgies about Call Of Duty. I have just as much of a right to say I don't like it as you do to say you do like it. Get over yourselves.

Secondly, you cannot compare this to sports games, although it's inevitabley following the same style.

You guys want one more reason? COD elite. To get the full Call Of Duty experience, you're paying $110. Don't feed me this shit about you don't have to pay for it, blah blah blah. They're touting it as the full Call Of Duty experience.

Since when did it become alright to have to pay $110 to fully enjoy and experience a game? You're going to get DLC for free? Mark my words, there will be MW3 DLC that won't be covered by COD Elite.

Author:   Zero
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 12:47am (PST)
You sir be trolling.

Get a life.

Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 12:52am (PST)
quote Zero
You sir be trolling.

Get a life.
This isn't trolling. Trolling would be coming in here, creating a thread which insults every owner of Call Of Duty, throwing in a good measure of curse words, saying something about everyone's mother's, and then leaving.

All that on an account with 2 posts.

It is clear I'm not trolling. I'm sharing a very strong opinion of mine.

Author:   Zero
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 12:59am (PST)
You made this thread for the sole purpose of arguing, no? Therefore you are a troll.

If this was your first thread then fair enough I suppose, but it's your fourth (that I know of). Bit overkill mate.

Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 1:00am (PST)
I made this thread to discuss, not to argue. Big difference. Don't presume to understand my intentions. (If you know what game that's from, you get bonus points.)

Author:   ineedhelp
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 1:10am (PST)
quote Kave En
I made this thread to discuss, not to argue. Big difference. Don't presume to understand my intentions. (If you know what game that's from, you get bonus points.)
The tone in your first post says otherwise. There was no "I think," just "I know" with a bit of "I'm obviously the only one that sees the truth, and must lead you all to righteousness."

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 1:19am (PST)
quote Kave En
quote Zero
You sir be trolling.

Get a life.
This isn't trolling. Trolling would be coming in here, creating a thread which insults every owner of Call Of Duty, throwing in a good measure of curse words, saying something about everyone's mother's, and then leaving.

All that on an account with 2 posts.

It is clear I'm not trolling. I'm sharing a very strong opinion of mine.
An opinion that's quite clearly not wanted or needed in the manner you're putting it across, especially when some of the shit you're quite clearly randomly pulling out of your clueless arse has no truth or proof at all; MW3 not outselling BO and CoD Elite won't cover some form of DLC.

Usually, a decent discussion comes about with someone sharing their opinion on something with an intend to understand as to why someone else might think other wise and then maybe see eye to eye with each other and said opinions, someone else might not disagree then gives their opinion as to why they don't agree with yours, the original person then tries to see why they're coming from, and maybe not agree with them, but atleast see why they might have that opinion and if all else fails, just agree to disagree.

They don't constantly suffocate them with their arragont bullshit without respecting someone else's opinion that doesn't go hand in hand with yours.

Author:   halo3rox
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 1:44am (PST)
Just dont reply to the thread your feeding the troll.

kave en Works now.

Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 1:53am (PST)
quote halo3rox

Nice image jackass, it doesn't even work.

Author:   Faded
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 2:06am (PST)
quote Zero
You made this thread for the sole purpose of arguing, no? Therefore you are a troll.

If this was your first thread then fair enough I suppose, but it's your fourth (that I know of). Bit overkill mate.
Actually his fifth

Also, the guy is clearly a fanboy who is mad Battlefield gets less attention than MW3. He's not the only one, just watch a Battlefield 3 video, almost everyone is the same way, he doesn't seem so different.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 2:24am (PST)
Hey, earth to human; It's a video game that people enjoy. Quit being a killjoy just because you don't like the game and leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ^.^

Author:   halo3rox
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 2:52am (PST)
quote Kave En
quote halo3rox

Nice image jackass, it doesn't even work.
hurrrr uzz cantz copiez and pstzzz? umadbro? Lol just gtfo bro ranting and trolling is only going to get you a swift ip ban from neoseeker have a nice day.

PS

Author:   Mario_1
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 4:44am (PST)
You know, despite the original poster's attitude, this thread does have some potential to discuss the cons of CoD. While I do enjoy CoD games and don't think they "suck", I can easily name the top 3 cons of the series (being in my opinion, of course) :

1. There hasn't been a new engine in a while
2. Balance issues and inaccurate weapon stat displays
3. Aim assist, 'nuff said

And yeah, I know there'll be dedicated servers on the PC version, but finding a decent server with no aim assist and an admin who isn't a complete dick will probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Author:   ButchSmudge
Date:   Sep 12, 11 at 5:14am (PST)
quote Kave En
You guys want one more reason? COD elite. To get the full Call Of Duty experience, you're paying $110. Don't feed me this shit about you don't have to pay for it, blah blah blah. They're touting it as the full Call Of Duty experience.
You don't have to buy it. I won't be, and I'll enjoy MW3 as much as someone who does buy it.

Since when did it become alright to have to pay $110 to fully enjoy and experience a game? You're going to get DLC for free? Mark my words, there will be MW3 DLC that won't be covered by COD Elite.
Stop saying that, it's *bleep*ing annoying. Yes they will be, all DLC for MW3 will be covered by CoD Elite. Why do you think it won't be?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.