Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1677975-three-reasons-call-of-duty-sucks/10.htm

Author:   bigben4879
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 5:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks
-------------------------------------------
quote Kave En
1. Copy and paste formula. Ever since Call Of Duty 4, the series has had the same style of gameplay and the graphics are maybe 10% better. The core gameplay mechanics remain the same. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". No, but what's wrong with evolving and refining? The series is going to collapse under its own weight, mark my words.

2. The community. The people that play this game are usually in their early teens, who care about their kill/death ratio more then their grades in school, and insist on insulting another player's mother with several "*bleep*s" thrown in for good measure every 5 seconds.

3. It's not fun anymore. Call Of Duty has worn out. I guarantee you Modern Warfare 3 won't match the sales of Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2. Nobody cares about this has-been franchise anymore.
You make alot of valid points. The truth of the matter is as long as we, gamers, continue to buy it, line up for it and praise it for it's mediocrity Activision doesn't care.

Author:   CrematedMan
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 1:07am (PST)
Call of Duty doesn't suck, MW3 just sucks balls, as myself, and most of the people who know what they're talking about, agree. BO was slightly boring, but not really frustrating, it was good with friends.

Why I think MW3 sucks (in order of significance):

Spawns, partly the fault of the-
Shitty maps, which only accentuated the frustration cause by the-
Constant Lag.
Killstreak Spam (especially UAV and OP Support killstreaks) in conjunction with
Ridiculously effective deathstreaks that made Painkiller look like a good developer choice meant any decent player was moreso frustrated with MW3 than enjoying it.

I personally thought the knife lunge and hipfire were OP as hell. I very rarely do either, which only made it worse.

Author:   Umbrax
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 4:58am (PST)
Its like you guys want to discuss the horrible things about COD, sure its fun after a week, but I feel like im playing the same game. All those 12 year olds out there have no clue what they are spending. The community is HORRIBLE. Sure, you can mute, but the fact remains that the community is really bad, because people want to talk. It just so happens that these people who want to talk are insulting.

VERDICT: If you want muiltplayer, go play Team fortress 2, and don't waste your money. Until they change COD up a bit, I won't buy all this.

Author:   thundermaniac
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 3:43pm (PST)
I find it funny that people came to a CoD forum to talk about how bad CoD is.

Anyways, get over it or play another game. Make your own cheap *bleep* class and have a laugh. Try having a challenge. I run around with Five Seven suppressed for fun. I use the guns that no one else does. If your going to complain, go cry about it to your friends.

Author:   Jimington
Date:   Oct 21, 12 at 7:29pm (PST)
Wow, all I'm hearing is "has a lot of sales" and "has good graphics." Seriously, you don't get a game because of those two useless factors, you get it because it's fun... Don't you? Well, maybe you don't. Most modern gamers seem to care about NOTHING but graphics...

BTW TF2 is way better than CoD.

Author:   IronLuigi
Date:   Oct 25, 12 at 6:18am (PST)
- Bad maps, I hate all Mw3 maps except Terminal, and Bakaara. They don't have maps like Highrise (Mw2) , Rust Mw2 , or Firing Range (BO)
- OP Weapons, weapons example: MP7, ACR 6.8, FMG9s. Those are absolute NOOB guns
- Bad graphics.

Author:   ZeldaLover27
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 4:07pm (PST)
Subject:   The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks
quote shooternick
Lol what a troll. As many people before me have said, why are you here if you hate it?

Name a better game, then maybe I'll believe you. Haha just kidding, you're wrong.
I can tell you a better game. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ocarina of Time > Every Call of Duty Game ever made.

Author:   HadesTheWarGod
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 4:19pm (PST)
quote ZeldaLover27
quote shooternick
Lol what a troll. As many people before me have said, why are you here if you hate it?

Name a better game, then maybe I'll believe you. Haha just kidding, you're wrong.
I can tell you a better game. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ocarina of Time > Every Call of Duty Game ever made.

-_- I should've known by your name...

Author:   Dudugs
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 8:00am (PST)
Subject:   The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks
OH MY GOD! ANOTHER OF THESE FIGHTS! EVERYONE! I wont hate you if you actually like cod for playing. But please jsut dont be like "Cod is teh best game evaah!". There are games better than cod! But most people think that cod is the only good FPS around. There is battlefield, for people that dont worry abotu the kill streak there is TF2, Halo. There is a lot to choose! And cod isnt the perfect game. It has the worst comunity ever, the developers suck and its actually getting old, a new cod isnt that of a big deal, its basically the same game!
And all the games arent FPS, there are a lot of the good non-FPS games. A true gamer isnt a FPS gamer.

Author:   Dudugs
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 8:01am (PST)
quote Jimington
Wow, all I'm hearing is "has a lot of sales" and "has good graphics." Seriously, you don't get a game because of those two useless factors, you get it because it's fun... Don't you? Well, maybe you don't. Most modern gamers seem to care about NOTHING but graphics...

you sir just a got and thubs up from me and all the TF2 players

Author:   Silverlight
Date:   Nov 23, 12 at 9:21am (PST)
quote Dudugs
quote Jimington

you sir just a got and thubs up from me and all the TF2 players
I second that motion. When Black Ops 2 came out people were chomping at the bit about the graphics. TF2 is conveniently fun and has GOOD graphics. Sure they might be mediocre now but the source engine had numerous possibilities unlike COD engines where the graphics remain relatively the same.

Author:   AgentAdam33
Date:   Nov 24, 12 at 12:01pm (PST)
at least it doesn't suck like the latest SOCOM game

Author:   Strangeminion
Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 3:46am (PST)
Modern military games suck. Period.

Author:   Strangeminion
Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 3:50am (PST)
quote Jimington

And Quake III Arena is better than both.

Author:   nm8712
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 7:53pm (PST)
Ya i agree COD is not creative. Every game is the same, and black ops 2 sucks the most, MW3 the second most.. Seems their getting worse as they go on, too many people out there that don't know any better to play a real game. Lame ass killstreaks get spammed like UAV which force you to use ghost, unless you want to die constantly.

I don't like using ghost every game, but also don't like being seen. So i am stuck using ghost 90% of the time.

And the minimap that shows where your shooting from unless you use surpresser or are playing hardcore.

I bought black ops 2 and traded it 2 days later for a ipod touch worth 3x the price of the game. Nothing about it was new, the things that were seemed copied from HALO or other games.

Black ops 2 made a lot of OK changes, but the BIG mistakes don't make up for the good changes.

Things wrong with black ops 2.

1) Lame ass shock charges which can replace flashbangs, these things are proximity activated and enable more lame ass camping. CLAYMORE + SHOCKCHARGES + CAMP = HOMO
2) If i shoot someone 5 times they should be dead. I shouldn't need to play hardcore to get realistic effects.. This is a simple math mistake in the programming.
3) UAV's and minimaps that force you to use ghost. BUT GHOST ISNT AVAILABLE UNTIL LEVEL 55 in black ops 2... I don't want to level up without ghost, just to prestige the level i get it.

having people see you constantly is annoying and not fun.. get rid of the minimap, get rid of UAV's being the first killstreak available, and shock charges. i hope someone at activision loses their job over this pathetic planning in black ops 2. That's why i sold, and selling my other COD's- now helping people see how much these games suck

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.