Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54255/t1677975-three-reasons-call-of-duty-sucks/

Author:   Kave En
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 9:55pm (PST)
Subject:   The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks
-------------------------------------------
1. Copy and paste formula. Ever since Call Of Duty 4, the series has had the same style of gameplay and the graphics are maybe 10% better. The core gameplay mechanics remain the same. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". No, but what's wrong with evolving and refining? The series is going to collapse under its own weight, mark my words.

2. The community. The people that play this game are usually in their early teens, who care about their kill/death ratio more then their grades in school, and insist on insulting another player's mother with several "*bleep*s" thrown in for good measure every 5 seconds.

3. It's not fun anymore. Call Of Duty has worn out. I guarantee you Modern Warfare 3 won't match the sales of Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2. Nobody cares about this has-been franchise anymore.

Author:   Mac
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 10:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The three reasons Call Of Duty sucks
Won't match sales?

Author:   ineedhelp
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 10:05pm (PST)
quote Kave En
1. Copy and paste formula. Ever since Call Of Duty 4, the series has had the same style of gameplay and the graphics are maybe 10% better. The core gameplay mechanics remain the same. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". No, but what's wrong with evolving and refining? The series is going to collapse under its own weight, mark my words.

2. The community. The people that play this game are usually in their early teens, who care about their kill/death ratio more then their grades in school, and insist on insulting another player's mother with several "*bleep*s" thrown in for good measure every 5 seconds.

3. It's not fun anymore. Call Of Duty has worn out. I guarantee you Modern Warfare 3 won't match the sales of Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2. Nobody cares about this has-been franchise anymore.
1. Marked.

2. Mute.

3. As of July, it was on pace to sell more pre-orders than Black Ops.

Author:   Destroyer
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 10:09pm (PST)
1. Are you seriously moaning about graphics? The graphics in MW2 were fine and i'm very happy to see that MW3 will be able boast the same graphics as its previous Modern Warfare title.

2. So the community sucks. Is this news or something?

3. CoD may have run its course with you, me and perhaps many others on here. But let me tell you something now. Just because we think CoD has run its course and become stale, which it has, doesn't mean everyone else thinks that. I can guarantee you now that MW3 will surpass whatever sales Black Ops and MW2 had. The CoD franchise is continually growing with every game that is released. Whilst there is two of us who find the franchise to be stale, there are millions more who are willingly going to feed into the hype and buy this game.

Author:   Kave En
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 10:45pm (PST)
quote Destroyer
1. Are you seriously moaning about graphics? The graphics in MW2 were fine and i'm very happy to see that MW3 will be able boast the same graphics as its previous Modern Warfare title.

2. So the community sucks. Is this news or something?

3. CoD may have run its course with you, me and perhaps many others on here. But let me tell you something now. Just because we think CoD has run its course and become stale, which it has, doesn't mean everyone else thinks that. I can guarantee you now that MW3 will surpass whatever sales Black Ops and MW2 had. The CoD franchise is continually growing with every game that is released. Whilst there is two of us who find the franchise to be stale, there are millions more who are willingly going to feed into the hype and buy this game.
1. The fact is the graphics have changed maybe 10% since COD4. You can't refute that.

2. It gets progressively worse with every COD game.

3. It will not surpass the sales of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2.

Author:   Chris717
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:16pm (PST)
quote Kave En

Why the *bleep* are you here then?

Author:   shooternick
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:20pm (PST)
Lol what a troll. As many people before me have said, why are you here if you hate it?

Name a better game, then maybe I'll believe you. Haha just kidding, you're wrong.

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:20pm (PST)
quote Kave En

3. It will not surpass the sales of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2.
Hay you idiot why dont you do a bit of searching and stop being a Troll

link for a stupid person

Author:   TheMike
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:22pm (PST)
quote shooternick
Lol what a troll. As many people before me have said, why are you here if you hate it?

Name a better game, then maybe I'll believe you. Haha just kidding, you're wrong.
CoD is a fun game and has its flashes of brilliance but to say it's the greatest game is a bit.. Meh.

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:23pm (PST)
quote TheMike
quote shooternick

CoD is a fun game and has its flashes of brilliance but to say it's the greatest game is a bit.. Meh.
It is the greatest game Sales every year and awards prove that it is

Author:   Kid Clutch
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:26pm (PST)
Really tired of hearing the C&P forumla argument.

Hey buddy. It's the same with 90% of sports games. Decent point but falls redundant at the end of the day. The core mechanics remain the same BECAUSE it's a huge seller.

Why would they change the core aspect of the game when it's entertaining millions already? If you want something different, go play Battlefield.

You're probably a troll so I'll just concede your second point which is the only valid one.

Author:   halo3rox
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:29pm (PST)
kave en
Its really that when your friends buy it you buy it.Who wants to be the only guy playing a different game and your constantly having to send messages to your friends stating that you dont have MW3.And theyre replying "wtf why not" and things like that.People know it will suck monkey balls but if one person buys it his friends buy it and their friends buy it and their friends buy it and hence the COD cashcow.

Author:   Drogo Baggins
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:32pm (PST)
Nine of the OP's last 10 posts are about COD and how much it sucks. Three of which include him just spamming "Traed COD fr BC2 guiz!1"

He reminds me of someone who just got dumped, can't get over it, and keeps talking shit about his ex. It's kind of strange when we're talking about a videogame, though.

BTW, weren't you warned not to make threads like this? You're entitled to your opinion, but this is just becoming so spammy, what with this being the only thing you post anymore.

If you're going to repeat yourself over and over, at least do something positive and go to the BF3 section and talk about how awesome that game will be. That would be much more enjoyable for everyone.

Author:   shooternick
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:34pm (PST)
quote TheMike
quote shooternick

I never said it's the greatest game, but I know he can't show me a better game. To me CoD is the best shooter, and really the only fun one.

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Sep 11, 11 at 11:57pm (PST)
quote shooternick

I'm looking forward to MW3, don't get me wrong, but really, no better game than CoD? Let's not be stupid. Besides, 'better game' is a broad statement. Does CoD have the same driving physics as Gran Turismo? Does it have better graphics than Uncharted? Does it have the same sense of scale as God of War or Resistance?

See what I'm getting at here?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.