Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Budget Laptop - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62/t1761318-budget-laptop/

Author:   original
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 1:01pm (PST)
Subject:   Budget Laptop
-------------------------------------------
Hey there guys.

I'll be heading to college soon to start my HND course, and I'll be needing a laptop. I've found this one, it's in my price range and I'm wondering if it'll be sufficient for games such as LoL and Minecraft and whether or not it'll be able to play a few high-end games.

Laptop in question.

Basically an i5-3210M (2.5GHz x2) with an Intel HD 4000 integrated card, 6GB RAM.

Not looking for crazy performance, as I obviously won't get it without a dedicated video card, but I want games to be smooth and playable without having to mess with the graphic options to the point where games are basically squares with fancy colours.

Author:   marry
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 10:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Budget Laptop
hi , i am not having good knowledge about laptop but i am thinking to buy a laptop at affordable prize .can you suggest me any. i don't have any idea about Hard disk and all . can you help me out?

Author:   xx2liu
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
quote original
Hey there guys.

I'll be heading to college soon to start my HND course, and I'll be needing a laptop. I've found this one, it's in my price range and I'm wondering if it'll be sufficient for games such as LoL and Minecraft and whether or not it'll be able to play a few high-end games.

Laptop in question.

Basically an i5-3210M (2.5GHz x2) with an Intel HD 4000 integrated card, 6GB RAM.

Not looking for crazy performance, as I obviously won't get it without a dedicated video card, but I want games to be smooth and playable without having to mess with the graphic options to the point where games are basically squares with fancy colours.
whats your budget? at lower budgets its a better idea to get one of the AMD processor laptops with their integrated graphics as your focus seem to be on gaming and the graphics in the new AMD trinity (a10) cpu + GPU combo beats the HD 4000 I believe. but then again you can always find an i3/i5 with a GT 540/630m for around 500-600 these days

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 5:54am (PST)
xx2liu

Budget is £500.

The laptop I've pretty much decided on is this, after some help in the main Computer Hardware forum.

Author:   ruby
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 3:46am (PST)
As you are looking to play games Dell i7 is better for you!!

Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
You'd have to be slightly more specific.

Decided on this. Gotta love price-drops.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.