Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Green Hill (SA2:B vs SG) 3D Zone - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54089/t1733137-green-hill-sa2-vs-sg-3d-zone/

Author:   D.O.W.
Date:   May 08, 12 at 4:53pm (PST)
Subject:   Green Hill (SA2:B vs SG) 3D Zone
-------------------------------------------
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle's 3D Green Hill Zone, or Sonic Generation's 3D Green Hill Zone??

Author:   Martin Valiant
Date:   May 29, 12 at 6:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Green Hill (SA2:B vs SG) 3D Zone
http://w11.zetaboards.com/ENSIGN/forum/3147276/

Author:   D.O.W.
Date:   May 30, 12 at 2:35am (PST)
Subject:   Green Hill (SA2:B vs SG) 3D Zone
^ Apart from spamming up my topics with links to a crappy little dead ZetaBoard forum, what are your thoughts on the Green Hill 3D Zones from SA2:8 and SG??

Author:   ChittyChittyBangBang
Date:   May 30, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
I'd say SA2's Green Hill has a better layout and gameplay, but Generation's has better visuals byfar.

Author:   screwonhead
Date:   Jun 01, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
I'd pick SA2 just because its an actual remake of Sonic's first level with everything there.
(no gimmicks)

Author:   DarkspineSilver
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
Sonic Generations.

Author:   Chowder
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 6:21pm (PST)
No contest. Generations

Author:   Martin Valiant
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 6:07pm (PST)
They're both bad.

SA2's replicates the layout of the original Act 1, only taking into account the fact that it's in 3D by adding random 90-degree turns. It's basically just a track over a pit (like so many 3D Sonic levels) that doesn't take advantage of SA2's mechanics, and that can't be played in any way resembling the original, so it's just a dull jog.

Modern GHZ is a boostfest, like everything Modern Sonic. You can easily beat it without touching the control stick; it's just a sequence of pseudo-quicktime events and flashy but shallow set pieces. And in spite of being "3D", the level's barely more than a slightly winding hallway, half of which is in 2D.

Author:   TropicMysticsII
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 5:43pm (PST)
2D in mah 3D
unacceptable

Author:   ChittyChittyBangBang
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 4:35pm (PST)
quote TropicMysticsII
2D in mah 3D
unacceptable
Since there are separate 2D only levels, the 3D ones should have been 3D only. Instead, it is 2/3rds 2D and 1/3rds 3D.

Not saying I didn't enjoy the modern levels, but it still should have been 3D only.
quote screwonhead
I'd pick SA2 just because its an actual remake of Sonic's first level with everything there.
(no gimmicks)
The SA2 version had a gimmick. The 3D-ness.

I love SA2 [my favorite 3D sonic game], but still, GH was very lackluster in comparison to the rest of the game.

Author:   pedroxys
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 9:06am (PST)
quote Martin Valiant
They're both bad.

SA2's replicates the layout of the original Act 1, only taking into account the fact that it's in 3D by adding random 90-degree turns. It's basically just a track over a pit (like so many 3D Sonic levels) that doesn't take advantage of SA2's mechanics, and that can't be played in any way resembling the original, so it's just a dull jog.

Modern GHZ is a boostfest, like everything Modern Sonic. You can easily beat it without touching the control stick; it's just a sequence of pseudo-quicktime events and flashy but shallow set pieces. And in spite of being "3D", the level's barely more than a slightly winding hallway, half of which is in 2D.
Aside from what a stupid Modern Sonic hater like you may say. Both are good. Of course Generations is better because it features the linear level design with branching paths that makes Modern gameplay so exhilarating and amazing. Although i like SA2 Green Hill, i think it's not flashy enough like most SA2 levels, can feel dull sometimes.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.