Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Microsoft removes Windows Store ban on 18+ rated games, allowing mature games for submission and sale - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54/t1805248-microsoft-removes-windows-store-ban-on-18-rated-games-allowing-mature-games-for-submission-sale/

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Dec 14, 12 at 2:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Microsoft removes Windows Store ban on 18+ rated games, allowing mature games for submission and sale
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21677]]

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   Dec 14, 12 at 3:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Microsoft removes Windows Store ban on 18+ rated games, allowing mature games for submission and sale
I dunno... I'll be sticking with Steam for the foreseeable future anyway

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Dec 14, 12 at 3:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Microsoft removes Windows Store ban on 18+ rated games, allowing mature games for submission and sale
quote Crusad3r
My thoughts on the subject.

Author:   lKasHl
Date:   Dec 14, 12 at 4:40pm (PST)
quote Crusad3r
Agreed, I do admire Microsoft's tenacity though, surely they know competing against Valve with their reputation after GFWL is futile...

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Dec 14, 12 at 7:28pm (PST)
I don't admire at all what Microsoft is doing. I honestly wonder what the hell they are going to do next generation because unless they wisen up most if not all indie devs will flock to WiiU/PC and the only thing that'll remain is Call of Evil: Gears of Honor XXLLIII

Which will probably be a good thing since then publishers can stop trying to turn original and inventive games and dumb them down for casuals that way they can dream about making even a fraction of Call of Duty's sales and failing oh so miserably (and granted while I do get off on that I kind of wish the game hadn't sacrificed everything to appeal to everyone).

But what the hell do I know? More games need to play like each other that way people don't get confused and quit gaming all together. Kind of exactly like hollywood today!

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Dec 14, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
Haha, I guess they weren't making as muvh money as they though they would without the 18 rated titles.

Author:   THM
Date:   Dec 15, 12 at 5:43pm (PST)
Yahooo...we're gonna legally get R18+ games from January in Australia

Author:   Shadic Hearts
Date:   Dec 16, 12 at 10:04am (PST)
Can't suceed without M games.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.