Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Alyx Vance's voice actor caught mo-capping, probably not news for Half Life fans - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54/t1767461-alyx-vances-voice-actor-caught-mo-capping-probably-not-news-for-half-life-fans/

Author:   bluexy
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 1:26pm (PST)
Subject:   Alyx Vance's voice actor caught mo-capping, potentially significant news for Half Life fans
-------------------------------------------
[[news:20935]]

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 1:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Alyx Vance's voice actor caught mo-capping, probably not news for Half Life fans
Ashley Johnson is a douche. Nuff said.
That got my hopes up that it really might be something HL3 substantial.

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 1:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Alyx Vance's voice actor caught mo-capping, probably not news for Half Life fans
Yeah, that really wasn't too nice...

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 1:42pm (PST)
HATE. EVERYTHING.

RORY SMASH RAAARGH.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:10pm (PST)
I've given up on caring about this game. If it were to ever come out, I will not buy it. You *bleep*ed up, Valve, and I don't care anymore.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:02pm (PST)
I'll still preorder it day 1. Valve makes awesome games, long waits suck, but I'm patient enough to wait it out while entertaining myself with other things.

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:51pm (PST)
Unless it comes direct from Gabe's glorious pie hole, I don't even bother reading articles that hint toward the inevitable HL3. It's too stressful.

Vance! ...Be alive please

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
So...you guys took a suspicious tweet as legitimate news for Half-Life 3? You guys are way too gullible.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:42pm (PST)
DC Sniper To be fair, the VA for Alyx doing mo-cap when she's never done another game except for Half Life was pretty persuasive. Add that to my never ending nerd-crush on anything Half Life and yeah... way too gullible. xD I am not ashamed.

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
DC Sniper We only do this so you can post about how horrible we're doing.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
Great!

Author:   nnnddd101010
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:24pm (PST)
It's being said Merle Dandridge is doing motion capture for The Last of Us.
The next best thing I guess...

Author:   Spark
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 11:01pm (PST)
quote Darknet
I've given up on caring about this game. If it were to ever come out, I will not buy it. You *bleep*ed up, Valve, and I don't care anymore.
what did they do to *bleep* up?
not release a game fast enough? wtf are you talking about

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:35am (PST)
Itb has been 4 years and they haven't even started to work on it. They make Episode 2, end on a cliff hanger, and say "Yeah we're done for now".If you wanna make a game that has a solid ending and you don't wanna make a sequel, that's fine. But don't troll everyone in the world.

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 1:39pm (PST)
I could be entirely wrong, but I think the series itself might have something to do with the slowwww production. If you look at Valve's recent work, it's apparent they prefer investing in projects that are completely different from the competition. After engineering something like Portal and then followup Portal 2, it must be tough to go back and try to make a first person shooter engaging -- even one as cool as Half-Life -- in an age where FPS practically dominate the market. Not necessarily the digital market, cause it's fairly varied, but when we start talking about multiplatform titles for the mainstream consoles and PC, it's hard to overlook the masses of, well just shooters in general. Not even all that generic, though plenty are.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.