Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Divine Space game in development - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54/t1738240-divine-space-game-in-development/

Author:   danilevski
Date:   Jun 06, 12 at 9:50am (PST)
Subject:   Divine Space game in development
-------------------------------------------
Hello all!
I'm not sure where should I post this, since we plan to release our game on iPads/Android pads, then PC/Mac and hopefully linux.

Currently we are making a space game (not a traditional simulator, though - don't bite me for that!). It will be something between Star Control (best space game I ever played), Dark Orbit and (hopefully) Eve. Our main goal is to make a great world, scenario and gameplay. We won't hide absence of the meaning behind amazing special effects, like in modern games (though indeed we will do everything to make our game beautiful and attractive).

To success, we will need support of game fans. Soon will go for Kickstarter, and this is why I'm gathering community now - without your help, without spreading the word, we will not success there.

In a week or two we will open our site with materials; for now, I've opened group with few ingame screenshots and concept-arts on facebook. I'll be glad to see you all on the page and hope that you will support us - and, together, we will make a great game. Smart game, full of oldschool spirit and soul!

UPDATE: Campain is going on, $12k gathered.

Check it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg/posts

Author:   bokchoii
Date:   Jun 06, 12 at 10:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Divine Space game in development
What type of game is it?

Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 8:30am (PST)
Very much Star Control, this is space quest + ARPG (not a sim). You control only one ship and your character within, but NPC's will be able to join your small fleet in some situations. So, combat can be just one on one, or sometimes - almost tactical fight, group vs group.

Author:   Forhad
Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 9:01am (PST)
Is it released? I am great fan of space games. So please let me when it will release or already released.

Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
quote Forhad
Is it released? I am great fan of space games. So please let me when it will release or already released.
Alas, no, it's still in development. This is why I'm here - we need your help, to spread the word and build community before we proceed to kickstarter. We are a small indie team and to make our game better, we need more a bit time (3-4 months for first release).

If you like space games, you can aid us by liking our page - and you will receive updates about our development. We would be happy to answer on the questions and discussions there, too!

Official page that needs your love is here: https://www.facebook.com/divinespacegame

Also, we added some art and concepts to gallery there. More to come soon!

Author:   Forhad
Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 10:22am (PST)
quote danilevski
quote Forhad
Alas, no, it's still in development. This is why I'm here - we need your help, to spread the word and build community before we proceed to kickstarter. We are a small indie team and to make our game better, we need more a bit time (3-4 months for first release).

If you like space games, you can aid us by liking our page - and you will receive updates about our development. We would be happy to answer on the questions and discussions there, too!

Official page that needs your love is here: https://www.facebook.com/divinespacegame

Also, we added some art and concepts to gallery there. More to come soon!
Ok I am keenly waiting to play the game. Hope the game gets great publicity.
Thanks

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:51am (PST)
Subject:   UPDATE: Insight into our Universe Map

Universe map. This map is built on a *real* astronomical data. Every star in it's real position and have it's real color (spectral class).

Lines are routes between stars, known/available to a player.

Each star contains a number of planets, if you zoom in. This is still in progress - with time, we will make it looking a bit better and will add some effects.

Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 10:42am (PST)
More art is uploaded to IndieDB and our FB page!

Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 3:37am (PST)
Portraits update:

Official forum is up!
Come and make it alive together with us

Divine Space forum

If someone is watching this thread, we have added a very early, pre-alpha gameplay video.
Divine Space pre-alpha video

This message was merged with other messages by Lorx (moderator)

Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
Subject:   Divine Space site is launched!
Hello everyone!

We launched our site. There are a lot of things to fix yet (grammar and spelling, breaking walls of text with images, fixing some links) - but it's up and working.

Comments, feedbacks, thoughts are welcomed!

Click on the image to see the site!

P.S. And if you found any error, *please* let me know.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 3:40pm (PST)
danilevski noticed a couple errors on the first page, I'll put an "!" next to errors I noticed.
Divine Space – it’s a resurrection of the spirit of old sci-fi space games on a "!" newest technologies. It’s an epic adventure with "!" headspinning storyline that will leave an indelible mark in your soul and mind. Divine Space is a hard sci-fi "!" with elements of action-RPG "!" and powerful quest system.
Without errors probably would look something like;
Divine Space – A resurrection of the spirit of old sci-fi space games on the newest technologies. It’s an epic adventure with a headspinning storyline that will leave an indelible mark in your soul and mind. Divine Space is a hard sci-fi game with elements of action-RPG games and powerful quest system.
Changing what was probably not actual grammatical errors, but didn't sound quite right;
A resurrection of the old sci-fi space game theme on the newest technologies available. It’s an epic adventure with a headspinning storyline that will leave an indelible mark in your soul and mind. Divine Space is a hard sci-fi Action-RPG game with a powerful questing system.
Mostly just shuffled things around a bit and removed words that got repeated too often. Stuff like "of the spirit of" broke the flow when I was reading.

Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 4:31pm (PST)
Lorx, thank you very much!

Fixed and replaced. Got some serious bashing from Reddit guys concerning that phrase, so likely we will completely change it asap (removing 'epic' and other advert things to let readers decide themselve - if it's epic or not).

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 3:56pm (PST)
We are LIVE at Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg

We need your support, share some <3!

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 4:35pm (PST)
Best of luck to you with the Kickstarter danilevski. Maybe RabidChinaGirl or chautemoc will put up an article on Neo mentioning your Kickstarter. I hope it ends up well given the clear amount of error you've been putting in.

Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 1:41pm (PST)
quote Nagare
Best of luck to you with the Kickstarter danilevski. Maybe RabidChinaGirl or chautemoc will put up an article on Neo mentioning your Kickstarter. I hope it ends up well given the clear amount of error you've been putting in.
Yes, unfortunately can't send each message to proofreading, heh. Trying to do my best!
Thank you for the hints, I'll try to reach those guys!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.