Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: My Game Keeps Minimizing Every 1 Minute! [HELP PLEASE] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54/t1727946-my-game-keeps-minimizing-every-1-minute-help-please/

Author:   Bash23
Date:   Apr 09, 12 at 8:17pm (PST)
Subject:   My Game Keeps Minimizing Every 1 Minute! [HELP PLEASE]
-------------------------------------------
!! Uhm, Whenever i try to play a game like Skyrim, Nba2k12 etc. or any Games in my laptop. It Minimizes it self every 1 minute. and their is a weird application that is showing up in my Taskbar and then suddenly disappearing and shows up again after 1 minute. here is a Screen shot:

Desktop:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qxrdro.png

And here is for the Task Manager:
http://i42.tinypic.com/256yed4.jpg

please help. I have scanned my Computer but no Virus has been scanned. BTW I'm using Windows 7 Home Basic.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Apr 09, 12 at 10:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: My Game Keeps Minimizing Every 1 Minute! [HELP PLEASE]
It looks like a camera, maybe some kind of screenshot program or something?

These processes appear to be 3rd party programs, from what I can find on google; Though neither of them seem to have anything to do with cameras/screen capturing software.

Do the games just minimize or fully close-out?

Date:   Apr 09, 12 at 10:32pm (PST)
quote Lorx
It looks like a camera, maybe some kind of screenshot program or something?

These processes appear to be 3rd party programs, from what I can find on google;
  • DCSHelper.exe (both of them)
  • IDMan.exe
Though neither of them seem to have anything to do with cameras/screen capturing software.

Do the games just minimize or fully close-out?
The Games Just Minimize and I can go back to it without crashing. But it's Just annoying, every minute it keeps minimizing.. I even tried to update my Video Cards,Well as for the Weird Application that's popping out in the Task bar. I don't have any camera capturing divice attached or installed to my laptop. Any Ideas?

Date:   Apr 09, 12 at 10:42pm (PST)
Here's a video to take a closer look of the weird app.

http://tinypic.com/r/3026m8y/5

Maybe you can help sir.

Date:   Apr 10, 12 at 1:53am (PST)
up up up up

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Apr 10, 12 at 5:18am (PST)
quote Bash23
Here's a video to take a closer look of the weird app.

http://tinypic.com/r/3026m8y/5

Maybe you can help sir.
Only flashes on-screen for a second and is rather pixelated, but it does look like either a camcorder or digital camera is on it. So yeah....It IS a laptop, Have you ever tried clicking on it though?

Possibly the reason why it keeps popping up is your system keeps detecting it. Either as a glitch, or a loose connection being the problem.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Apr 10, 12 at 5:53am (PST)
No need to bump Bash23, thread was still very much on the first page

Another idea:
  1. Open up your Task Manager
  2. Go to the Performance Tab and click on Resource Monitor near the bottom
  3. In the new window that pops up click on the CPU tab, and choose to sort the list by Status (descending (down arrow))
  4. Run whatever game you want that triggers your problem.
  5. Once that icon has flashed up on your taskbar once and minimized your game, check the Resource Monitor.
  6. You should (hopefully) have a new procress near/at the top that is greyed out and labeled as Terminated under the Status column. Note, if anything does show up, it will not be there for long.
If a process does show up like that, post what it's name is. With any luck, that's the source of the problem, provided the idea works to begin with. That method won't catch every possible cause. So, things like what Shadow of Death was talking about.

Author:   Tirassi
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 8:19pm (PST)
I see you have this solved, but just in case anyone else has this problem...

The same thing happened to me. I noticed you're running Avast, and that's what was causing the problem for me. It worked fine before I installed it and after I uninstalled it. I think its because of the popup notifications, and from what i could tell, there was no way to disable them. Hope this helps. :)

Author:   KhurramDBG
Date:   Oct 22, 12 at 9:45pm (PST)
Hi Bash, I am facing the same problem. My Fifa12 minmizes and then i can never get back to game screen it crashes. and i noticed that grey icon also appear for a moment on my taskbar (after regular intervals perhaps) .. I had avast antivirus installed on my laptop, but i uninstalled it now.. but the problem is still there. that annoying icon appears after every few minutes... I can't play Fifa12 bcoz of this problem. Please help me how you resolved your issue.???

Best Regards,
Khurram

Author:   Brain
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 5:25am (PST)
i get the same thing...but WITH ALL MY GAMES!!!

Author:   Yurri
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 6:38am (PST)
Can anyone help me ? It's the same problem but mine is because of the camera auto focus thing ,.. I don't know but I saw that whenever when I'm playing a game or watching a movie in full view it minimize same what happened when I'm playing ! it shows a camera thing then next is gone then after a few minutes(5?) it pop's up again then same2x as before.. can anyone pls. help me???

Author:   Eurico
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 4:15am (PST)
my cop is doing the same as the first duds help me how can i fixx it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Author:   hlotfie
Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 7:52am (PST)
it happen again...helpppp

Author:   The Coop
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
I am having the same problem. Has anyone figured it out?.

Author:   srdjanalijevic878
Date:   Nov 22, 12 at 1:47pm (PST)
Hello guys. I got a similar problem. My games minimize, my programs act like I was clicking on the taskbar but wasn't using my mouse at all, taskbar appears while watching a movie in full screen... But the most weirdest thing is that that little program doesn't appears like on the other guys windows. It's really annoying especially while tipeing a document or something like that. And that happens every 1-2 mins. Can or did some 1 find a solution for that?? I and the rest of us would apriciate the help.
Forward thx
P.S.
Sry if I messed up a few words

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.