Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Uncharted: Golden Abyss antagonist revealed! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53296/t1700673-uncharted-golden-abyss-antagonist-revealed/

Author:   In Motion
Date:   Dec 02, 11 at 12:21am (PST)
Subject:   Uncharted: Golden Abyss antagonist revealed!
-------------------------------------------
Oi oi. So I've been saying recently how we're going to no doubt be learning more about this game as the release date grows near. Well here's a big one:

Say hello to Roberto Guerro, Uncharted: Golden Abyss' primary antagonist:
[[we.uncharted:Roberto_Guerro]]
After first being listed in the credits of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, we've finally seen Guerro in a recent Japanese preview video for the game. You can see the video below:

Of course, it's in Japanese, but we do see a bit more than we have already seen of the game, which is cool. No doubt it's been dubbed, which means an English version of the preview exists and will be hitting screens around the rest of the world shortly. I look forward to seeing this preview, some of the bits look really interesting and it's just a shame I don't know the language.

So there we go: a new character, quite a bit of action, and plenty to look forward to when the game hits the shelves. What more do you guys want?

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Dec 02, 11 at 7:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Uncharted: Golden Abyss antagonist revealed!
So this is going to be a direct prequel to Drake's Fortune? Nice I've always wondered how exactly Nate ended up off the coast of Panama. I do hope they explained why Marisa disappears after the game though, although i'm expecting they will.

Pretty standard villain, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I read that he did the voices for enemies in the previous Uncharted games so i guess he's had a promotion

That sword looks quite important, something to do with the adventure no doubt. Also, it looks like there are going to be quite a few cinematic moments like in the PS3 games, which should be interesting seeing what they've done with the Vita.

Author:   In Motion
Date:   Dec 03, 11 at 3:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Uncharted: Golden Abyss antagonist revealed!
quote Agent Mo
So this is going to be a direct prequel to Drake's Fortune? Nice I've always wondered how exactly Nate ended up off the coast of Panama.
Aha, no. Don't forget about Uncharted: Eye of Indra; that comes between the two games. This is set some time before Drake's Fortune (and Eye of Indra); I think the reason for it taking place in Panama is just to keep with the Central/South American theme we see in the series.

That sword looks quite important, something to do with the adventure no doubt.
/nod. I find it quite interesting that this guy's got a sword, when we've already seen Nate wielding a machete in the game. Sword-fight to the death perhaps?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.