Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Soul Sacrifice Vita Game - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53273/t1729896-soul-sacrifice-vita-game/

Author:   lovelyfisher
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 11:38am (PST)
Subject:   Soul Sacrifice Vita Game
-------------------------------------------
new vita game I found while surfing around called Soul Sacrifice. Looks pretty cool and mysterious. Check out the game's homepage.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 8:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Soul Sacrifice Vita Game
quote lovelyfisher
new vita game I found while surfing around called Soul Sacrifice. Looks pretty cool and mysterious. Check out the game's homepage.
I like the art. Apparently there's some speculation over whether or not this game is a sequel to Demon's Souls / Dark Souls. I guess they will reveal more details at the on May 10th.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 8:52pm (PST)
That would be interesting and I would definitely pick it up. I don't think it is though from watching that video about it. But hey I have been wrong before.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Apr 21, 12 at 2:32am (PST)
Jeez, a Vita exclusive take on the Soul Series would do wonders for the console and its fan base I reckon, with everyone dying for that westernised-style RPG in the form of Monster Hunter. Can't wait to hear more info.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 4:51pm (PST)
quote The Pursuit
That would be interesting and I would definitely pick it up. I don't think it is though from watching that video about it. But hey I have been wrong before.
Yeah, it doesn't really look like similar to the "souls" games. Either way looks pretty interesting though.

Author:   Soltice
Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 12:45am (PST)
I think were all forgetting if this would even bother to be a localized global release seeing as lord of apocalypse and alot of vita games have yet to been green lit to come over here...

OH WELL, REGION FREE VITA TO THE RESCUE

Author:   Raijin1999
Date:   Apr 27, 12 at 1:33pm (PST)
I just hope it's good. Vita needs moar gamez.

Need to hurry up and get PSX emulation working. I needa play Future Cop.

Author:   Fragment of Chaos
Date:   May 03, 12 at 5:21am (PST)
Looks like either a card game or something similar to Pokemon/Digimon.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   May 12, 12 at 3:40am (PST)
And then suddenly it's a potential system seller that looks and sounds amazing

Day 1 buy for me. Seriously, I am hyped.

Date:   May 12, 12 at 6:44am (PST)
The game does not have the notion of "MP" (magic points). Instead, you sacrifice things for magic. Make a big sacrifice, and you'll get greater power. For Excalibur, you sacrifice your life. If you continually use powerful magic, though, you'll gradually begin to lose your human form.

During the demo session, Inafune showed how one can use trees and boulders in combat. He also demonstrated using your own blood to send yourself flying at enemies like bullets.
Woah sounds nifty and quite original actually.

Author:   Raijin1999
Date:   May 12, 12 at 2:47pm (PST)
Appears to be the same game engine in use, though that said the game engine that From Software used was one that Sony had created as a shell for any publisher to use (and Japan Studio is involved, who also worked on Demons Souls). I get the feeling the gameplay is going to be more like Onimusha than like Dark/Demons Souls though, which isn't a bad thing either. Just don't want to get all hyped up thinking it's going to be a take on the Souls series. Let the game exist on its own merits and avoid comparison outside of basic visual themes.

Date:   May 12, 12 at 4:35pm (PST)
I completely agree with you. I think the hype that it might have been an addition to the series brought attention to the game which is a good thing but the letdown that it wasn't could be bad. Hopefully people keep the hype for it but as it's own new game.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Jun 18, 12 at 10:44pm (PST)
call me crazy but this looks more like a Dragon's Dogma thing than a Soul's thing. Either way I like the gameplay features of sacrificing stuff for magic. I already makes me wonder just how much Magic can be used before complete corruption, or if you can go for a no corruption run through at a severely high difficulty...

The possibilities are sounding more and more awesome, the more I read and think about it.

Just read that you can sacrifice others or yourself to do things as well. The aforementioned Excalibur requires you to kill yourself by pulling out your spine and using it to kill the enemy, after which you promptly die.

I'm assuming she sacrificed herself for them but thats just conjecture.With no experience or loot on top of that... Hmm... Surely there must be a plus side to getting to the big bad boss at the end and making a sacrifice so your friends can win.

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Jun 23, 12 at 11:40pm (PST)
Game sounds and looks great, Inafune at it again. I don't even care if it looks like a Souls game(bit upset that it isn't though, but new IPs are better) because the concept of this game really has me intrigued.

Definitely a day one buy, totally agree with Rabla.

I'll have my RPG/MH fix yet.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 5:19am (PST)
Probably the only, dewo, reason I would buy a Vita at this, dewo, point.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.