Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Connecting to PC - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53273/t1719468-connecting-to-pc/

Author:   Iseden
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Connecting to PC
-------------------------------------------
quote gogengantes
Ok so I finally found some mp4 video files that I wanted to put onto my Vita from my PC. Last night I didn't know that the folders had to be MP 4 so I couldn't find anything in my folders last night.

Today I put some folders into the map and I was able to see it (through the video menu) but when I tried to copy it onto my vita using the content manager it keeps saying can't connect to server. I have the USB cable plugged in and I'm trying to connect to my pc but do I need wireless for that aswell (even with the USB cable?)?
Your PC HAS to be connected to the internet to run CMA

Author:   gogengantes
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:24pm (PST)
Subject:   Connecting to PC
Ok so I finally found some mp4 video files that I wanted to put onto my Vita from my PC. Last night I didn't know that the folders had to be MP 4 so I couldn't find anything in my folders last night.

Today I put some folders into the map and I was able to see it (through the video menu) but when I tried to copy it onto my vita using the content manager it keeps saying can't connect to server. I have the USB cable plugged in and I'm trying to connect to my pc but do I need wireless for that aswell (even with the USB cable?)?

Author:   NeRO_DxS
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:40pm (PST)
No it doesn't require wireless connection, all you need to do is to create the corresponding folders on your PC that vita will recognize. Name your folders Music, Videos and Pictures. Mine has a video icon on the folder and a music note icon on another folder, same as the picture icon folder. Place your files to those corresponding folders but remember you need to convert them to MP4 videos and MP3 audio so the vita will locate them. Once you connect your vita to your PC, open the content manager, choose copy files from PC to PS Vita option, then you will prompt to the next page, choose either music, video or picture option which you want to copy to. If successful, you will see the list of files on your vita, touch the "..." to open copy/delete, choose copy and check the boxes you want to have on your vita.
I hope if this explains clearly or help in anyway.
P.S I put the anime sensation Akira onto my Vita, the colors were vibrant and crisp! Very stunning to look at!

Author:   RaThaLoS 123 MhFu
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
hmmm....im not sure the vita is quite complex,but i like it that way.i'll ask my cousin (going to his house l8r.)

Author:   gogengantes
Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 1:15am (PST)
Seems like it was just acting a little bit weird. My vita went into standby mode and when I started it again I was able to connect to my pc and copy the folders I wanted.

I knew what I had to do since I've done it before but the weird thing was that it wouldn't connect to my pc in the content manager menu (where you can select between ps3 network and pc it just always said 'failed to connect to server' for some reason, but it's gone now).

Thx for the responses

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.