Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion V: We will miss you dearly Adam Adamowicz. - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53273/t1715661-general-discussion-we-miss-you-dearly-adam-adamowicz/9.htm

Author:   ssjgoten
Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 4:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion V: We will miss you dearly Adam Adamowicz.
-------------------------------------------
I hate how any element that resembles exploration just a tiny bit is now completely removed.

I guess I'm in the minority that liked Mako from ME1. Sure the controls were ass, however, you at least felt like doing something relevant in a huge galaxy open for exploration.

Now we only have biographies that I'm not bothered to read on every single planet. You now fly around, hitting the right mouse button to initiate a scan that usually brings up nothing. I gotta be missing something?

This title is definitely not 10/10 as some critics says.

This message was edited on 2012-03-06T16:14:37-08:00.

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 4:59pm (PST)
ssjgoten I'm really wary of reviews of any game published by EA, Square Enix, or Activision basically because I believe most large gaming websites are payed off by publishers.

PCGamingWorld gave DA2 a 10/10, despite the fact that the majority of the PC community were the people hating DA2 and comparing it to its superior predecessor. Smells pretty fishy to me.

Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 12:18am (PST)
If you notice any ads from the game on the website, then they pretty much got paid off. Remember the Kane & Lynch scandal?

Author:   Soltice
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 2:55am (PST)
I hate how friggin small the games are, im terribly afraid of losing them, so yes ill consider downloading copies...i mean the only reason why i even liked box art and such was for the booklets, but even most of that is gone :c

Author:   Vex the Pirate
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 3:37am (PST)
Hi i've not posted here for ages hows it going i have nothing to say okay bye then yop

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 3:40am (PST)
I would gladly download games if Sony weren't taking the piss with their memory cards. Their ridiculous pricing basically rules me out downloading too many games. I ain't paying £100 for a 32GB card only to have a 4GB of it taken up by Uncharted, Sony.

There is no incentive to download games; the little savings are swiftly dwarfed by the cost of upgrading to a bigger card.

Hi Vex.

Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 4:16am (PST)
Yeah I know, I'm staying mostly retail because of re-sell value. I was thinking about getting a 16gb memory card at the most.

Author:   Vex the Pirate
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 5:08am (PST)
quote Aurora
Hi Vex.
Yesssssss i got a reply

Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 6:57am (PST)
One of my friends bought the memory card without a happy face. So the cheer himself up he made an US account to get the games cheaper.

HEY VARX.

Paradox, I've come across you a lot I think that entitles me to play shazbot with you.

This message was edited on 2012-03-07T07:10:12-08:00.

Author:   bruin
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 9:08am (PST)
I overslept and missed my class at college this morning. Thankfully we can miss three classes over the semester and this was my first. Lol.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 9:24am (PST)
quote Kinetic
I overslept and missed my class at college this morning. Thankfully we can miss three classes over the semester and this was my first. Lol.
You dirty dirty man.

I don't know why all companies feel the need to make the sequel to their games ten times smaller then it's predecessor. Lets see DA2, ME2, Red Faction 2 or 3 (the recent one), and I'm sure there is one other I didn't think of. They just like ti rip the exploration out.

Oh well, I am still enjoying the game so it doesn't really matter to me.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
quote Paradox
PCGamingWorld gave DA2 a 10/10, despite the fact that the majority of the PC community were the people hating DA2 and comparing it to its superior predecessor. Smells pretty fishy to me.
PC Gamer gave it a nine or a 10 and they're basically the most legit PC journalists there are. People just have opinions man.

Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 1:01pm (PST)
quote Celes Leonhart
quote Paradox
PC Gamer gave it a nine or a 10 and they're basically the most legit PC journalists there are. People just have opinions man.
They said it had the best combat system out of any RPG, while the whole controversy was about the new 'press x to win' combat.

I get people have opinions, but the best combat system ever in an RPG? lol

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 1:06pm (PST)
I haven't played it, I just know there was a fuss over PCGamer's review

Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 1:16pm (PST)
quote Celes Leonhart
I haven't played it, I just know there was a fuss over PCGamer's review
I played it and thought people overreacted to it. It's a terrible game don't get me wrong, but it isn't that bad. Better than Gothic 4 anyways, I want to forget about that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.