Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to get a U.S. release,finally,on the PSVITA!? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53273/t1708741-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-to-get-release-finally-on-psvita/2.htm

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Jan 23, 12 at 11:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to get a U.S. release,finally,on the PSVITA!?
-------------------------------------------
I'm sceptical. Why do they still call it Portable rather than the US variant; Freedom?

Also, why no mention by Capcom earlier?

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Jan 25, 12 at 9:12am (PST)
Subject:   re: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to get a U.S. release,finally,on the PSVITA!?
Well there was a rumour circulating about for a MH title that wasn't Portable 3rd,been circulating since E3.

I did tag this as rumour Machi
I'll just keep checking for any updates/info on the matter.Hopefully it will be a mashup of the 3DS MH and Portable 3rd.Or an entirely new installment,though that's asking for too much

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Jan 25, 12 at 11:29am (PST)
I'd love a new instalment.

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
"Monster Hunter for PS Vita this year, says Sony France"

PlayStation Vita will receive a Monster Hunter title in 2012, predicts Philippe Cardon, CEO of PlayStation France.

Chatting with Le Point (via translation), Cardon reckons the title will drop within the next few months, and feels Vita’s performance at launch would have been markedly different had Monster Hunter there from day one.

“The games available at launch in Japan do not correspond to the typology of the Japanese public. It lacks a particular game, Monster Hunter, scheduled for the coming months,” said Cardon.

“Had it been there from the start in Japan, the story would have been different.”

“We must put things into perspective and stay calm,” he continued.

Developed by Capcom, Monster Hunter has proven a massive success in the Land of the Rising Sun, and is largely attributed to PlayStation Portable’s continued success in the region. The most recent entry has sold over three million copies to date and remains a staple in the Japanese charts.

Monster Hunter 4 has been confirmed for 3DS, much to everyone’s surprise, though Capcom has yet to officially announce a new title for PS Vita.
Source

Could they be waiting to announce a new title?

Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 10:09pm (PST)
*bleep* YEAH !!!!

I hope so man, I dunno how people would react to yet another Portable 3rd/Tri copy.
Jesus Christ has heard my prayers

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 10:13pm (PST)
The translation on that French interview is iffy. Some places say he's confirmed it, others say he's guessing/predicting a release.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
I hope the information in that information is true because I can't wait to get a MH game for the Vita, that would just be amazing. Such an amazing series, the Vita needs it if it wants good sales in Japan.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 2:37pm (PST)
I guarantee that they're all *bleep*ing with us! They'll most likely make a new one and neglect to make it English, AGAIN! You know they keep complaining that there aren't enough sales on PSP, so why through it onto a brand new console that's more expensive?

Author:   SGD
Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
It's bizarre, right? I mean, Monster Hunter is actually popular in the Western world, and it being on the Vita platform would allay any reasonable fears of piracy that Capcom would have.

I wonder, would they change the controls so the second analogue stick is a true free camera? Instead of the Y-Axis just changing the camera height in leaps, it could rotate properly. Maybe even some touch-screen based minigames and such.

I'd pick up a copy if it showed up, there might even be an infrastructure mode for once. Adhoc Party can only take you so far.... Even if it didn't have Infrastructure, everybody'd play it on Adhoc Party anyway and Capcom would still win.
>_>

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote soracloud08
information in that information
As much as i hate this meme, this one is just too perfect. Informationception!

Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 6:44pm (PST)
SGD it's not as popular on this side as it is in Japan.Portable 3rd sold millions in Japan, if it was localized I doubt it would even get over a million, even if you combined the rest of the world's sales into it.

Author:   gogengantes
Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 11:04pm (PST)
quote SGD
I mean, Monster Hunter is actually popular in the Western world
Like waka said that's not true. MHFU sold over 4 million copies in Japan and just barely over 1 million copies in the rest of the world (and I mean everything combined except for Japan). Capcom sold almost 4 times more copies of the game in Japan alone than in the rest of the world. I really hope that the MH game for vita is released globally but I'm just not gonne get my hopes up to high.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Feb 01, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
But that's still a decent sized figure to warrant a release for everywhere else right?

Author:   SGD
Date:   Feb 01, 12 at 11:53am (PST)
quote Agent Mo
But that's still a decent sized figure to warrant a release for everywhere else right?
That's what I'd think too! I mean, there's not much that can compare with the crazy-popularity if MH in Japan and Asian countries, and people tend to say "Well it sold just a quarter as well over here, it must not be popular". It is, just not to that level.

Author:   gogengantes
Date:   Feb 01, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
The thing is just the difference between the amount of psp's in each region (in this case japan and the rest of the world)and the number of MH games sold.

There are more psp's in the rest of the world than there are in Japan (couldn't find seperated sales statistics but in total more than 70 million psp's were sold). If you take into account that in Japan there are less psp's than in the rest of the world, but Monster hunter still sold about four times more in Japan than in the rest of the world, you could conclude that Monster hunter really isn't all that popular in the rest of the world. There is a fanbase offcourse and they are very fond of the game but the base is just too small.

I think that Capcom said that since MHF 2 (probably since ever, but MHF wasn't really promoted where I live) sales have been really disappointing in the west and always much less than in Japan itself.

Think about the costs that come with bringing those products worldwide. If the sales of that product in the entire world don't even come close to the amount of sales in one country, I would also be less inclined to keep internationalizing that product.

I don't know how much profit they make (if any profit) on the MH games that are released to the west and yes people can say "well is profit all that matters?" etc... but it's not the first time they tried it and if they wouldn't make profit of it, it's really not the best strategic move to take from a businessman's point of view.

I know it sucks but I hope this time for the Vita it'll be at least different, if anything they could just translate the japanese version and make that available on the PS online store so ppl could download it, that would result in much fewer costs for them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.