Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Proto-Behemoth in Academia 500AF - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/53144/t1717801-proto-behemoth-in-academia-500af/

Author:   ShadowGuard
Date:   Feb 25, 12 at 6:22pm (PST)
Subject:   Proto-Behemoth in Academia 500AF
-------------------------------------------
How do you beat this guy? I have tried two different tactics, both ended in the same result.

1) I go right after the Behemoth from the beginning, but when he gets down to about 40% health, he stands up, regains all health, and destroys my team in two hits.

2) I go after the two Saboteur things, heal with Serah... After I kill the two Saboteurs, I go after the Behemoth, but again, when he gets down to 40% health, he stands, regains all his health, and wipes me out. I have tried to Deprotect him and buff my guys with a Frantic Dance from my ally Saboteur, but I simply cannot beat him.

Is there a strategy of some sort or do I have simply have to get stronger and wipe him out before he gets a chance to stand up...

I have a lvl 24 Golden Chocobo, lvl 34 Yakshini, lvl 34 BunkerBeast as my monster party pack.
Noel (ATK:615, MAG:389, HEALTH: 6597) is:
COM: 99
RAV: 99
SEN: 80
SAB: 99
MED: 24
SYN: 0

Serah (ATK:279, MAG:468, HEALTH: 4426) is:
COM: 51
RAV: 99
SEN: 53
SYN: 99
MED: 99
SAB: 0

Author:   Tyloric
Date:   Feb 25, 12 at 9:22pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Proto-Behemoth in Academia 500AF
I used the cowards way out.

During the fight:

RAV (Serah)
COM (Noel)
SEN (Monster)

Emergency situations:

MED (Serah)
MED (Noel)
SEN (Monster)

Defenses:

SYN (Serah)
MED (Noel)
SEN (Monster)

Basically, always have a sentinel out. It doesn't have to be a monster, Serah or Noel can do it if they're a high enough level SEN, but someone has to distract him or there is just no way. Physical resistance accessories and abilities will also be helpful.

Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 4:57pm (PST)
thanks, Ill try it out and see what happens. Got my butt kicked by Yomi too, even with a SEN out...

Author:   Tyloric
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 5:52pm (PST)
quote ShadowGuard
thanks, Ill try it out and see what happens. Got my butt kicked by Yomi too, even with a SEN out...
Yomi is not someone to take lightly. He's purely endgame.

Author:   kuje
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 6:09pm (PST)
Yomi is probably the only monster I haven't gotten a perfect score with. Make sure to use SENx3 when he uses that whirlwind move.

As for Proto-Behemoth, I'd suggest just laying down on him while he's on all four and take him out before he goes berserk. Remember it takes about five seconds for him to complete the transformation so just keep hitting him until his health is actually restored before you switch tactics. If you're not strong enough to do that then I would recommend using a SEN monster with either "Challenge" or "Provoke" and then have Noel and Serah try to stagger it.

Author:   Krunal
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
You could ALWAYS take the easy way out... change your gil into coins, win at the slots of the Chocobo Races and BUY BUY BUY Elixir's. Then you don't even need a Sen!

Btw, is Yomi re-fightable, or is it really a one time only thing?

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 9:14pm (PST)
Yeah this guy wooped my butt countless times. Always a 1 hit KO when he transformed. :<

Author:   R a i n
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 10:17pm (PST)
quote Krunal
You could ALWAYS take the easy way out... change your gil into coins, win at the slots of the Chocobo Races and BUY BUY BUY Elixir's. Then you don't even need a Sen!

Btw, is Yomi re-fightable, or is it really a one time only thing?

You can fight him again, any number of times. Just gotta change the weather, leave to Historia Crux and back, change back the weather and fight him!

I made a video fighting him in the game videos thread, if anyone wants to check strategies! ^^

Author:   Crazy Dave
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 12:14pm (PST)
That proto guy is that frightening? Even for high-end party?

Author:   Alkor
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 1:55pm (PST)
quote Crazy Dave
As long as it's not standing, it's fine. The moment it stands, it can wipe your team in one hit.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 2:27pm (PST)
quote Crazy Dave
End game party usually cleans him out before he can stand up. I remember when I doing my first run through when he stood up and cleaned my Sentinel (which had 4000 hp I think) with One Strike XD

I'm like WTH? I replaced Bunkerbeast after that lol.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 5:41pm (PST)
I'm looking forward to confront it!

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:53pm (PST)
quote R a i n
quote Crazy Dave
End game party usually cleans him out before he can stand up. I remember when I doing my first run through when he stood up and cleaned my Sentinel (which had 4000 hp I think) with One Strike XD

What did you replace Bunkerbeast with because he is currently my SEN. However, I totally forgot to get Silver Chocobo in Academia.

As for Yomi, I was using the Poison technique, but the whirl wind attack destroyed me to the point that it was hard to recover. I keep erasing my SEN/SEN/SEN paradigm... I shake my head at myself sometimes...

As for proto-behemoth, I am not strong enough to kill it before before it stands up (I can get down to about 25% health, but then he totally wipes me out).

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 11:19pm (PST)
quote ShadowGuard
quote R a i n
quote Crazy Dave

What did you replace Bunkerbeast with because he is currently my SEN. However, I totally forgot to get Silver Chocobo in Academia.

As for Yomi, I was using the Poison technique, but the whirl wind attack destroyed me to the point that it was hard to recover. I keep erasing my SEN/SEN/SEN paradigm... I shake my head at myself sometimes.

I replaced Bunkerbeast with Pulse Gladiator. If you see the Yomi video below and his strongest attack (Wicked Whirl) doesn't even move my HP in 3x SEN with Pulse Gladiator. He is probably the best SEN in terms of pure defense, along with Calautidon! He only has one locked ability which you can choose to not learn. His Feral is nothing to brag about though.

Also, for Yomi, use Defensive Accessories like Black Belt, Rune Bracelet and Genji Glove!

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 1:29am (PST)
Nice vid Rain!

Now i know EXACTLY the best way to deal with Yomi. Your cactuar COM has the Bravery / Protect Feeder
which really speed things up!

Not to mention Deprotect chaser which really quadraple it's damage...i was wondering, isn't it better if Serah spend some more time to inflict Poison on Yomi as well? I mean Ruin and Poison gives almost the same chain boost right?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.