Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Favorite Tales Character - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52741/t1899484-favorite-tales-character/

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Sep 01, 13 at 11:20am (PST)
Subject:   Favorite Tales Character
-------------------------------------------
So, for those of us who have been playing Tales games for years and years...and years, who is your favorite character from the entire series? Protagonist, antagonist, NPC...if you love 'em, tell us why! I'm really interested in seeing how many people love particular characters actually.

I'm a Kratos man and I have no problem admitting it. I think I'd go gay for Kratos. He's the perfect character in my opinion, even if he wasn't in the party for all of ToS. Still my favorite character in the series. Note that Jade from TotA is also VERY high up there.

(Psssst this may contribute to a forum game later on so yep)

Author:   Fauve
Date:   Sep 01, 13 at 11:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: Favorite Tales Character
My all time favorite protagonist is Jude Mathis (sorry Yuri!) Jude is right up there for me. I love his character growth, playing as him, and I just think he's a great character over all. I don't quite understand all the hate that the Japanese fanbase gave him at first.

Honorable mentions:

-Spada (Tales of Innocence) Spada is just...freakin amazing. He's sarcastic, loyal, funny, he's great.
-Kratos: (Tales of Symphonia) Do I need an explanation?
-Raven: (Tales of Vesperia) Some people say he's a ripoff of Zelos. I disagree completely. Deep, touching backstory, funny, fun to play as.
-Malik: (Tales of Graces) He's just so serious. Or maybe it's the voice. And then he's hilarious. Plus different colognes power him up. If nothing else, Malik is a man.
-Alvin: (Tales of Xillia) Through all of his hard ships, Alvin turned out alright. Some people say he's an ass, and he can be, but that scene in Trigleph with Elize was absolutely awesome. Even if it was just about endgame. I also really like Alvin and Jude's relationship. In the sense of Alvin acting like an older brother to Jude.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Sep 01, 13 at 6:52pm (PST)
Alvin is probably my favorite character in this game. He's one of the few Tales characters that's actually made me want to throw something because of what he did. And then I grew to love him, and his humor helped. There was a while though that I truly hated everything he did, and the fact that a character can get my emotions going like that is awesome. So yeah, I can agree with you on that Fauve.

Date:   Sep 01, 13 at 7:03pm (PST)
Alvin just had that ability to send you emotions everywhere. Especially throughout chapter 3.

Author:   Cero
Date:   Sep 01, 13 at 11:20pm (PST)
Symphonia: Zelos. It really resonates with me that fact that he puts up this facade about who he is when he's someone else entirely. He plays everything off cool when deep down he's hurting inside, and all he wants is for someone to like Zelos the person, not Zelos the Chosen. Mithos is also very up there. I found his reasoning weak for what he did, but his dedication was noteworthy. No one from the second one.
No one from Phantasia but Arche is so cute <3
Eternia: Farah. No problem!
Abyss: ASCH AND JADE I loved the cast (except Natalia and Tear). Anise was hilarious and I loved her, Guy was hilarious and I loved him, Luke was a prick but I loved how massive his development was. Ion was so lovable and he's a very close third. Asch though? He hated everything: Luke, Van, himself, but he loved Natalia and he did so much for her. He was willing to operate in the darkness to make sure she and the rest of the party survived. He lost it all, but he held onto the only remnant of his world that also held onto him. Jade? He's just hilarious. He is me, I am him. I swear if there was ever a Tales movie I could be type-casted as Jade. Sync was my favourite God-General though. His reasoning was pretty weak for going against it all, but I loved how he knew he was trash, he accepted being trash, but he's really the only God-General that ever came THAT close to killing the party (twice, if you count the Arte he used on Guy). He was a one bad mofo.
Vesperia: Judith<33333 But Rita and Raven. Raven's story is just ugh, so much I couldn't handle it. And when Schwann died, I just couldn't handle his final moments. Rita though. I would marry her. She is that one video game character I would want to be real so I could have fun times with her. She's just so spunky, and so in-your-face and so oh my god she's perfect. <333333 She's mine, end of.
Graces f: Lambda. He started out innocent, but he lost so much and he became hateful. But come L&L he's willing to help out, even if he seems reluctant about it. He's ruthless, but he's not entirely malicious, just lonely. Plus two eyes of different colour? Rock on.

So overall, Rita. <3

Author:   Tenshi
Date:   Sep 02, 13 at 5:25am (PST)
Rita Mordio
- Blah Blah Blah, Tidal Wave! Need I say more?

Cheria
- Because she can obtain a Rita Mordio costume so I felt like I was walking around with Rita again.

Elize
- She's just so adorable.

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Nov 01, 13 at 4:49am (PST)
I've only played one game but Alvin is my favorite so far. Im yet to finish the game but he's a lot more interesting than the other characters at my point (Milla has some good scenes).

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Nov 01, 13 at 7:09am (PST)
quote Symphonic Abyss
I'm a Kratos man and I have no problem admitting it. I think I'd go gay for Kratos.
Call me later <3

It should be fairly obvious who my favorite Tales character is. Without Kratos it's quite possible I may not have even been a Tales fan.

Date:   Nov 01, 13 at 4:18pm (PST)
Hey Kratos, have you got Xillia yet? lol

Can't wait to see Kratos in glorious HD in Symphonia Chronicles

Date:   Nov 02, 13 at 6:09am (PST)
Technically I've had it since launch, but no I haven't been home yet. I should be back next week so I'll finally be able to play.

Author:   GlancingReverse
Date:   Nov 09, 13 at 8:12pm (PST)
I'm probably part of the extremely small group that has Leia as their favorite Xillia character, maybe even favorite overall.

Author:   batsman
Date:   Dec 29, 13 at 9:30am (PST)
yuri

if there is one video game character thats similair to me its yuri, from appearence to personality

imediately got sucked in cus of that

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Dec 29, 13 at 10:47am (PST)
Im playing graces now, my second tales game. Im about 15 hours in and the cast are quite weak compared to xillia. Pascal and Sophie are the only two I want to know more about... only time will tell.

Date:   Dec 31, 13 at 8:34pm (PST)
Graces does take awhile to get into. If you're able to at all.

I was never a huge fan of it, but I know some people who are all about Graces. It's different for everyone I guess.

Date:   Jan 01, 14 at 8:09am (PST)
I wouldn't hold your breath with characters in Graces. The characters weren't particularly strong. The gameplay is what made it great.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.