Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Banshee's on Insanity! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52482/t1722790-banshees-on-insanity/

Author:   XXXDanteXXX
Date:   Mar 21, 12 at 6:05pm (PST)
Subject:   Banshee's on Insanity!
-------------------------------------------
Mass Effect 3. Stuck on two Banshees. On Insanity Mode. Any advice to take these guys down with any relative speed or ease? Having trouble. Thanks in advance!

Author:   Axe
Date:   Mar 21, 12 at 6:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Banshee's on Insanity!
The main strategy for dealing with them is to hope both your squadmates have either Overload, Energy Drain, Warp, or Reave. Aside from that, fighting them for me was mostly kissing my ass goodbye, dying, and trying again.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Mar 21, 12 at 6:35pm (PST)
any powers or ammo thats good on barriers or shields like Warp? follow that up with Inferno against their armor i guess. maybe use something with ballin power like the Black Widow or whatever.

also pretty much try to keep a good 20 ft between you and them. i noticed they are capable of an annoying 1 hit kill if they get close and grab you, and you cant stop it (such as mashing B against a Husk). good luck man, these thing suck even on Normal.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Mar 21, 12 at 7:33pm (PST)
Adrenaline Rush and the most powerful gun you have (or a particle rifle with ammo enhancements), gratuitous amounts of pillars to block biotic attacks... oh and a prayer ot whichever god you worship could help too. Atheist are gonna have to rely on luck I'm afraid.

Warp ammo from Liara and Decoy from EDI work wonders too. Their other powers can help immensely too.

Author:   mitchelllawrencelee
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 1:44am (PST)
I take Banshees down fairly easily with my Engineer on insane, Overload takes down their shields then Incinerate + fully upgraded Sentry Turret and Attack Drone make short work of her armour.

Author:   Aeirou
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 6:32am (PST)
Tali and Liara.

Overload/Energy Drain the barrier.
Warp the armor
Shoot til dead.

Keep moving away from them but near cover so you can dodge projectiles.

Author:   Wolfwood824
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
It'd be easier to give you advice if we knew what class you were, since that's going to change things immensely. But, since everyone else is just throwing out random strategies:

If you're an Adept or Sentinel, you can easily take these things out with Warp->Throw combos. In fact, biotic detonations in general are extremely good against them.

Author:   Oglop
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 10:26am (PST)
Do not under any circumstances run up to them and hug them.

Author:   BostonGoals
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 12:32pm (PST)
Grenades and the Geth shotgun fully charges seemed to work for me, and keep your distance.

Author:   Subaru7
Date:   Mar 23, 12 at 4:00am (PST)
Javelin with disruptor murders their barriers, honestly. Then you have to grenade, incinerate, warp and headshot them forever. They die. (Coming from an Infiltrator PoV)

Author:   guest4587
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 7:47am (PST)
One typical error: They dont get more damage by headshots. So ignore that tip.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 1:24pm (PST)
quote guest4587
One typical error: They dont get more damage by headshots. So ignore that tip.
Not joking: In fact, their extra damage-taken spot is their right boob. Seriously.

Author:   AnthonyLucas86
Date:   May 01, 12 at 9:04am (PST)
They have no headshot hitbox around their chest surprisingly is the weakpoint. When it comes to banshees biotic explosions are your best friend warp throw combo is the best for this also bio explosions will take out any minions floating around. This tactic will work for all bigger enemies also pyro ammo is really good for when her barrier is down.

Author:   Me
Date:   May 27, 12 at 11:49pm (PST)
By the way, Warp has been nerfed since ME2. Now it isn't any good against barriers. Only armour and health. Reave, however, does work on barriers(I think, I haven't seen the specs for reave in a while). The best power for barriers is Overload with the evolution for armour/barrier damage. Ironically, Warp Ammo still works.

Author:   Wolfwood824
Date:   May 30, 12 at 7:13pm (PST)
quote Me
By the way, Warp has been nerfed since ME2. Now it isn't any good against barriers.
Warp is fine, you just have to follow it up with another biotic power (preferably Throw) for a detonation to get the most out of it. That goes for using it in general, too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.