Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tali's Face, unmasked. (For real, this time). - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52482/t1722260-talis-face-unmasked-for-real-this-time/

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 9:29pm (PST)
Subject:   Tali's Face, unmasked. (For real, this time).
-------------------------------------------
So, for those of you who hadn't romanced Tali, (me among them. My original ME2 save had, but I lost it somehow) you get to see her face in the game.

Thoughts?
I'm 50-50.
While I'm glad they actually made her look more human instead of alien, it still just seems like they Photoshopped a stock image.

EDIT::
It literally is a Photoshopped stock image.

So, boo on you, Bioware.

Author:   Aeirou
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 9:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Tali's Face, unmasked. (For real, this time).
lol I don't mind that it's photoshopped because it makes it look more realistic.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 9:42pm (PST)
haha. i doubt well ever see a quarian's face. you can see their eyes and the contour of their nose just by looking closely in their mask though, and they seem to have a more or less human face.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 9:54pm (PST)
That is a Quarian face though.

quote Aeirou
lol I don't mind that it's photoshopped because it makes it look more realistic.
I wasn't complaining that it was photoshopped, it was just that the developers idea of revealing her was "Look online for a picture of a pretty lady, remove two of her fingers and give her glowy eyes."

I actually really like her look, but not the laziness of the developers.

I never really understood why it was a mystery of what they looked like anyway. It seems like it'd be fairly common knowledge in the galaxy.

My favorite depiction of her is this one. It's fan art from a few years ago.

Author:   Spark
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 10:48pm (PST)
bioware decided to kick their fans in the balls it seems. barley even made her look alien... way too human like. how did bioware even think this was OK? this must have been a last minute thing, this could have been cool. photoshopping a google image is a smack in the face.

Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 11:27pm (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
how do you know? the whole thing was probably photoshopped. where is the 100% proof that Bioware actually made it and were completely serious about it being what they actually look like?

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 11:29pm (PST)
They didn't have to even show her face. So for that I'm glad just a little bit.

Author:   Phyrex
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 11:39pm (PST)
Serious interweb drama.

It's a nice enough picture, who cares if it's photoshopped.

Author:   U_Turn
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 4:17am (PST)
If we're ever to see Tali in any future Mass Effect games then it would be nice to see her face for real, she's possibly the most attractive of the bunch that male Shepard can romance.

quote Spark
bioware decided to kick their fans in the balls it seems. barley even made her look alien... way too human like. how did bioware even think this was OK? this must have been a last minute thing, this could have been cool. photoshopping a google image is a smack in the face.
It wasn't last minute. In the second one there's a crashed Quarian ship with skeletal remains and they look a lot like humans. If she'd looked more alien then that would have meant the crash site was just thrown together without thought.

Author:   Timballisto
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 6:10am (PST)
Those cheap...sons of...Krogans! *rage*

Author:   Distortion
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 6:24am (PST)
I'm ignoring it and pretending it doesn't exist. Before the game came out I was actually hoping Bioware didn't reveal her face. The mystery is always better than the reveal.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 7:45am (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
how do you know? the whole thing was probably photoshopped. where is the 100% proof that Bioware actually made it and were completely serious about it being what they actually look like?
Considering this is the image talk gives you in me3...

On one end im glad she's hot (the hottest of all romance options bar Harris). On the other im sad its lazily done. I would have preferred an ingame model or something other than, "here's your constellation prize for romancing me Shepard, a Photoshop picture of a hot model"

I expected more originality in the design rather than a navi ripoff then to top it all off it just felt like a last minute decision to put it in there.

Author:   U_Turn
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
Bioware were stretched thin for this game, I'm sure they didn't feel it necessary to show her face and probably never intended for it from the first game but due to the love the character got, they let you see what she really looked like as a bonus. It seems more like a favour than a necessity. I'm grateful nonetheless.

quote Distortion
I'm ignoring it and pretending it doesn't exist. Before the game came out I was actually hoping Bioware didn't reveal her face. The mystery is always better than the reveal.
I romanced Tali in my first playthrough and I think it was only fair that I got to see her face. I expected more but I'm still fairly satisfied. For me it helped give the romance some substance and her looks complement her mellifluous voice.

For diehard Mass Effect fans, you shouldn't ignore this. If you didn't romance Tali and wanted to keep it a secret then you should've avoided all spoilers. In fact I'm sure they give you the option to look rather than forcing it on you if you chose to romance her. So if you still wanted it to be kept a mystery then you didn't have to look then, either.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 1:23pm (PST)
They didn't even bother to get the hands right.

It's such a shame since the artbook shows a whole bunch of possible looks for quarians (all of them very humanoid, some of them very awesome looking). It felt very lazy that they didn't even bother drawing it from scratch using one of their superior artworks.

Hell on the official bioware forums I'm already seeing far better photoshops (with appropriate hands/ears/nose and eyes since the quarians have very slanted eyes and sharp noses)

I'll try to put up some of my personal favorites.

Either way Shepard scored big time under that mask. Lazy or not Tali's is officially the hottest in all of Mass Effect, even hotter than Femshep.

Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 2:33pm (PST)
if this is really legit, then holy crap. thats one of the worst photoshops ive seen. i could do a better job and im not a graphics designer. her hand looks like utter crap.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.