Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: My Mage-Thief Character: Eridia - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1829782-my-mage-thief-character-eridia/

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 11:54pm (PST)
Subject:   My Mage-Thief Character: Eridia
-------------------------------------------

Eridia
Race: Lunari (Mod)
Level: 52
Weapons: Destruction Magic
Armor: None (Mage)

Magic: 1007 Health: 125 Stamina: 125

Head:
    Ruby Circlet of High Magic
        Decrease Destruction Cost by 45%
        Increase Magicka by 114
Robe:
    Master Robes of Destruction
        Decrease Destruction Cost by 22%
        Increase Magicka Regen Rate by 150%
Hand
    Gloves of the Magical Thief
        Decrease Conjuration Cost by 45%
        Increase Sneak Effectiveness by 74%
Feet:
    Boots of the Magical Thief
        Decrease Alteration Cost by 45%
        Increase Sneak Effectiveness by 74%
Ring:
    Master Ring of the Erudite (A self-made and slightly better version of Dawnguard Ring)
        Increase Magicka by 114
        Increase Magicka Regen Rate 114%
Amulet:
    Diamond Necklace of High Magic
        Decrease Destruction Cost by 45%
        Increase Magicka by 114

Total Equipment Bonuses:

Decrease Destruction Cost: 112%
Increase Magicka: 342
Increase Magicka Regen: 264%
Increase Sneak Effectiveness: 148%

Significant Skills: Destruction (100), Illusion (100), Conjuration (100), Enchanting (100), Pickpocket (100), Alchemy (100)
Other Skills: Sneak (77), Speech (58), Archery (57), Lockpicking (50), Alteration (45)

Comments: With Impact and Augmented Flames (2), can repeatedly stagger opponents using the Incinerate (Expert) magic, even dragons and other large enemies. She can cast any destruction magic at 0 cost, and has large Magicka reserves to pull off other types of magic as needed. She is also a vampire, which boosts illusion but makes her less effective during the day. On the plus side, even during daytime magic reserves aren't a problem, unless she needs to rely heavily on non-destruction school magic (which never happens). Her disadvantages stem from her lack of defensive prowess. It only takes one good melee hit, or several arrow hits to KO her. Relies on Follower(s) to draw aggression. I don't have enough points yet to boost Alteration, so I can get improvements to -flesh spells.

She also has 100 pickpocket, which means I can steal anything that people have equipped (unless they're essential and won't let you mess with their inventory).

As an aside, perhaps I shouldn't even bother putting points into Magicka anymore, as I'll never use them. I have a pure mage that could easily get away with half the magicka she has, because her offensive magic is free, some of her occasionally used magic is reduced in cost too.

I'll probably change some equipment effects later, since 151% reduction in Destruction Magic costs is pointless, it's two pieces of equipment that are wasted. If I change the Boots and the Gloves, I can top it off at 101% - Actually, I just went ahead and did this before posting XD

EDIT: Fix'd markup.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 4:51am (PST)
Subject:   re: My Mage-Thief Character: Eridia
Son of a-I wondered where my Master Ring had gone.

Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 11:00am (PST)
quote 4 Aces
Son of a-I wondered where my Master Ring had gone.
You want, eh?

I'm not sure, but I think Alchemy bonuses don't apply to Enchantment potions specifically, but I MIGHT be able to make even more powerful gear by creating more powerful Alchemy gear (It's currently 25% for each piece of gear).

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 11:31am (PST)
The enchantment would go round in a loop, so the strength of the enchantment would never end. Similar to the fact that there's no potion that will increase your Alchemy skill, and there's no enchantment skill that would increase your enchanting.

Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 7:21pm (PST)
quote 4 Aces
The enchantment would go round in a loop, so the strength of the enchantment would never end. Similar to the fact that there's no potion that will increase your Alchemy skill, and there's no enchantment skill that would increase your enchanting.
Not surprised. I think there was actually an exploit early on when the game was released, where people with 100 enchanting and alchemy could make potions of increasing power until they were just stupid strong.

Enable them to make ludicrously powerful enchanted gear, and smith ridiculously powerful gear (due to smithing potions. I think they can be created?).

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 9:12pm (PST)
why are her eyes so far apart?

Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 10:51am (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
why are her eyes so far apart?
Character creation isn't really my forte. I usually find a premade that suits me, and make minor adjustments. Now that you point it out, they do look a bit far apart. Eh, I'm not usually looking at her face so not a big deal.

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 10:56am (PST)
I like the build and character even if the race doesnt look all that special. (i'm sure it's got wicked perks like)

Didnt notice the eyes either xD

Author:   carous Elambra
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 2:25pm (PST)
Man I would keep the boots of dread magic

Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 1:32am (PST)
quote carous Elambra
Man I would keep the boots of dread magic
I changed them because I didn't need the bonuses anymore. I had way more Destruction cost reduction than I needed. Now my character is specced out to also sneak better and decrease Alteration and Conjuration a bit too, since I didn't have enough points to max out the skills the way I liked so spells cost more than they should for me.

quote BluePhoenix
I like the build and character even if the race doesnt look all that special. (i'm sure it's got wicked perks like)

Didnt notice the eyes either xD

Chose it mostly for aesthetic reasons. The starting skill bonuses aren't that special (Archery, for example and I don't focus on archer builds, even if I often use archery as a support).

Author:   vampirebunny
Date:   Feb 19, 14 at 4:23pm (PST)
I love your builds xD

I made a couple of mages that are both like half of this one

One with 100 destruction reduction and 900 odd magicka difference is he is also a master of heavy Armour so no issues with Armour, even lol shit stomped Kaarstag, once he got passed my two frost thralls and my lv 81 follower popped become ethereal and cast Dragonhide, with my Armour at 80% damage reduction and the spell doing the same again I only took 4% damage, then with 80% spell absorption chance he wasn't doing shit xD even on master

then I made another more like this but went into Alteration from the start, she ended up with around 700 Magicka and something stupid like 450% magicka regen, I have more fun with her because she doesn't feel like she is the missing 10th Divine who shall rule them all xD

Author:   Seldom
Date:   Feb 19, 14 at 5:08pm (PST)
quote vampirebunny
I have more fun with her because she doesn't feel like she is the missing 10th Divine who shall rule them all xD
This.

I much prefer playing a char that isn't an all-powerful master of everything.

Date:   Feb 20, 14 at 1:03am (PST)
Seldom & vampirebunny - Yeah, the problem I had with this character in the end is even though she's a vampire, she's still strong enough in daytime that the stunted magicka regen isn't a problem. She can kill pretty much anything without trouble even though her defense are weak because Incinerate + Impact (2) = 100% stagger rate (against something that isn't already staggered), pretty much >_>

Author:   vampirebunny
Date:   Feb 20, 14 at 3:49am (PST)
quote Seldom

This.

I much prefer playing a char that isn't an all-powerful master of everything.

Haha yeah, it's easy to make a god character in this game, I even found a mod that added the 9 divines to the game and beat them as well...

quote Shadow of Death
Seldom & vampirebunny - Yeah, the problem I had with this character in the end is even though she's a vampire, she's still strong enough in daytime that the stunted magicka regen isn't a problem. She can kill pretty much anything without trouble even though her defense are weak because Incinerate + Impact (2) = 100% stagger rate (against something that isn't already staggered), pretty much >_>
Yeah the only character in game that doesn't stagger is Kaarstag who I still shit stomped with my fall dragon scale fortified 1 handed Dark brother hood intiate, with the frost resist capped and Molag bol's mace (legendary) not to mention she seems to have fallen in love with a staff of wall of fire
Along with 2 frost thralls and me sniping from the back it was freaking easy !!!! even on master once you pop Dragonhide when already at the Armour cap Kaarstag can't really threaten you

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.