Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Skyrim: Dragonborn is coming to PS3 and PC, so here's what you'll need to know - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1825693-skyrim-dragonborn-coming-to-ps3-pc-so-heres-youll-need-to-know/

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 1:51am (PST)
Subject:   Skyrim: Dragonborn is coming to PS3 and PC, so here's what you'll need to know
-------------------------------------------
[[news:22060]]

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:24am (PST)
Subject:   re: Skyrim: Dragonborn is coming to PS3 and PC, so here's what you'll need to know
Well, this sold me on it. I've recently started a new character (Destruction, and possibly Illusion route). She hasn't made it to High Hrothgar (actually, she hasn't even made it further than meeting the Jarl for the first time XD).

Author:   MetallicaDragon
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 6:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Skyrim: Dragonborn is coming to PS3 and PC, so here's what you'll need to know
I would of had this long ago if it weren't for no Wi-Fi I'm also pissed that you can't fly freely on the dragons

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 7:03am (PST)
MetallicaDragon I thought the dragons would be the highlight of the DLC for me, but it wound up being all the Morrowind-ness. ALL THE LORE.

Author:   RC Cola King
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 9:07am (PST)
What kind of character should I use to tackle this beauty?

Author:   Michael
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 12:39pm (PST)
before saying that there is no in game lore on the subject of the Bloodmoon prophesy, ask someone who can answer you. the Lore group of the Skyrim Blog is more than up to the task. and ingame lore stretches back quite a bit, books, dialogue and otherwise, so please, check up on it next time.

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 3:27pm (PST)
^Your aware she was talking strictly about the lycanthropes and their whereabouts, right?

Played Morrowind a while back but sadly couldn't get into it because of how accuracy is calculated (missing things I clearly hit bugs the crude outta me) but maybe one of these days I'll push myself passed it (or at least try to find a mod that "fixes" it and get the PC version). Still really wary of getting the PS3 version and its DLC due to its past issues though.

Author:   rpg
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 3:53pm (PST)
What a great read to get me pumped up for the DLC finally coming to ps3, thanks.
though one of those prewarnings about hope crushing still crushed my hope a bit :[
Still better then finding out the normal way and hear the sound of awwwh leak out.

Author:   Fatherbrain30
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 4:49pm (PST)
quote RC Cola King
What kind of character should I use to tackle this beauty?
Any character you want

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote Zombie_Barioth
^Your aware she was talking strictly about the lycanthropes and their whereabouts, right?

Played Morrowind a while back but sadly couldn't get into it because of how accuracy is calculated (missing things I clearly hit bugs the crude outta me) but maybe one of these days I'll push myself passed it (or at least try to find a mod that "fixes" it and get the PC version). Still really wary of getting the PS3 version and its DLC due to its past issues though.
If I where you I'd get the Morrowind rehaul or Morrowind mod. The Rehaul is pretty much taking morrowind and putting it in glorious HD, the mod is skyrim (which means it's gameplay) and being modded to be...well Morrowind.

I don't know if both are out (I think the rehaul is) and how they both are as my laptop probably couldn't handle them both, But man when I get a gaming PC oohhhh man.

Author:   Asyilem
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:09pm (PST)
The "Morrowind" vibe is enough for me to want it. That's the highlight here for me. Always wondered what Morrowind with a serious graphics update would look like. I do want a remake. Badly. (:

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:40pm (PST)
quote Michael
before saying that there is no in game lore on the subject of the Bloodmoon prophesy, ask someone who can answer you. the Lore group of the Skyrim Blog is more than up to the task. and ingame lore stretches back quite a bit, books, dialogue and otherwise, so please, check up on it next time.
quote Zombie_Barioth
^ This.

Apologies if it implied otherwise.

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 7:13pm (PST)
quote Ded Valve
quote Zombie_Barioth

If I where you I'd get the Morrowind rehaul or Morrowind mod. The Rehaul is pretty much taking morrowind and putting it in glorious HD, the mod is skyrim (which means it's gameplay) and being modded to be...well Morrowind.

I don't know if both are out (I think the rehaul is) and how they both are as my laptop probably couldn't handle them both, But man when I get a gaming PC oohhhh man.
I've heard about both of them, don't know about the rehaul but my laptop won't handle Skyrim at all without major tweaks and overclocking (I've seen it done). I think I've also heard about mods to bring one game's mechanics into another, not sure which but I'm sure someone out there hated Morrowind's accuracy dice-roll enough to change it.

Author:   Seeker X
Date:   Feb 03, 13 at 1:59am (PST)
I *bleep*ing hate it...I bought Morrowind to try to follow up on my Elder Scrolls lore/continuity so I bought the GotY edition. Holy shit, I detest the combat so much. I'd expect this type of thing from classic Tactics/turn based games but not a TES game. I've got about a handful of hours and haven't even leveled up yet even after I've already gone through multiple towns and killed dozens and dozens of enemies, it's ridiculous.

Author:   Batman
Date:   Feb 03, 13 at 2:14am (PST)
PC Gaming

That's all i need to know.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.