Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How do you power level smithing after patch? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1821213-how-you-power-level-smithing-after-patch/

Author:   Talos
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 8:48am (PST)
Subject:   How do you power level smithing after patch?
-------------------------------------------
I remember before the patch, you can just make a few hundred iron daggers and get to level 100 smithing in no time, but since they patched it, how do you power level smithing now?

Author:   MetallicaDragon
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 8:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: How do you power level smithing after patch?
Now smithing is leveled up based on worth. So just make a lot gold jewelery. Simple as that. The more it is worth, the more it increases.

Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 9:00am (PST)
Do I have to use gems to make it worth it? or can I just make a gold necklace or ring?

Author:   Occasus
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:10am (PST)
Also, it's worth getting the transmute spell so you don't have to go out and buy gold ingots. All you really have to do is go mine a bunch of iron.
quote Talos
Do I have to use gems to make it worth it? or can I just make a gold necklace or ring?
Gems increase the value, in turn increasing your level faster. It's not entirely necessary because jewelery is already valuable, but it would speed up the process.

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 11:30am (PST)
Dwarven Bows are pretty helpful too. Easy to mass produce them.

Author:   N1ghtmare
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 11:43am (PST)
I do Dwarven Bows. Easy to get Dwarven ingots if you're patient enough to go through Dwemer ruins multiple times to make sure you get it all (Or just get enchanted gear with fortify carry weight) and you can make ALOT of ingots, iron ore is cheap if you're being lazy and buying it so you don't need to worry about it, if you get say, 50 ingots out of a Dwarven haul, that's 25 bows which can level you up once every 2 bows (That's my estimate, anyway) so that's ALOT of levelling.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 7:37am (PST)
I started making dwarven bows, so far the xp is great!

Author:   Tedz
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 10:33am (PST)
I found that smithing arrows speeds up leveling

Author:   just_spence
Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 11:26am (PST)
Whatever your preferred item of creation, there are still ways to manipulate the speed of your leveling. Certainly, to optimize your item per level ration, heed this feeds previous suggestions of jewels, bows, ect., or making plain ol' boring daggers.
In any case, its my recommendation you accrue as much of the materials as you can for a in-one-sitting marathon of smithly creations. After you've completed this its only a matter of being married, proper location, and a warrior guardian stone.
First have a home somewhere other than the town you wish to craft your pile at, and second, ensure your spouse is a follower.
With warrior guardian stone active, sleep in an unowned bed, with your follower, where your spouse doesn't reside. This will grant you Lovers Comfort. Next it's as simple as sending your follower home, and sleeping again for an hour. Doing that will give you well rested, atop your lovers comfort, and your warriors guardian stone.
Enjoy your +45% skill leveling.

Author:   projectz
Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 4:52pm (PST)
Dwarven bows are really good, as mentioned.

Smithing orc plate gives quite a bit of XP, I used to have a lot of orichalcam ore for some reason and used to get a lot of levels from it.

From doing a lot of quests you'll end up with enough loot to make a lot of jewellery as well, and it is also good XP.

Author:   ta192
Date:   Sep 11, 13 at 7:23pm (PST)
In summary:

Dwarven bows are easy, the storeroom at Mzulft is a pain free source of materials.
Jewlelry is lucrative, but only really so after a trip to Kolskeggr mine or marathon bout of "Transmute".
Leather raw materials are readily available, slower than the other two methods, but doable.

Combining the three methods should do it for anyone

Author:   batsman
Date:   Sep 14, 13 at 4:26am (PST)
meh just go train at a trainer and pickpocket your gold back
its by far the fastest way

Author:   Skyler_x_Mandy
Date:   Sep 15, 13 at 2:08am (PST)
quote batsman
meh just go train at a trainer and pickpocket your gold back
its by far the fastest way
I believe they disabled the player's ability to do that in the 1.9 patch, if you have it.

Author:   batsman
Date:   Sep 15, 13 at 4:42am (PST)
if so then i dont, havent played for about 2 months now, so if it was released recently then i dont have it

too bad though
it was extremely usefull for getting alchemy, enchanting, and smithing up fast, as well as pickpocketing

then id say crafting jewels is the fastest way

Author:   malyn varen
Date:   Nov 11, 13 at 11:18pm (PST)
If I really wanted to POWER level up Smithing and Alchemy, I would do the following.
1. Make a very powerful Fortify Restoration potion using a loop
2. Make some very powerful Fortify Enchanting Potions
3. Make items with very mighty enchantments, e.g. I would use a Falmer Helmet that creates potions 10000 times stronger, and Gloves that improve armor and weapons 10000 times better.
4. With that items, you can level up Smithing and Alchemy in one go, and have endless supply of perk points by making these skills Legendary every time you reach 100, and that is every time you use the skill.
Boringly easy.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.