Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Buying land problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1820357-buying-land-problem/

Author:   grizz
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 11:18am (PST)
Subject:   Buying land problem
-------------------------------------------
I went to falkreath and did what the jarl and he told me to talk to his steward and I did but she doesn't give me the option to buy land from her did miss something or is nenya not the person?

Author:   annak366
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 4:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Buying land problem
You need to be at level 9 or more in order to purchase the land plot and you cannot have any bounty in that hold.

Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 4:41pm (PST)
I don't have any bounty and I'm above level nine and did the mission and completed the mission that gives the option and told me to talk to his steward to buy it and I went to her and she doesn't even let me buy it from her

Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 4:45pm (PST)
Alright.... Did you complete the "help citizen tasks" as well, i think you need to do 3 of those...

Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 4:49pm (PST)
Didn't give me that option to and I can fight a dragon that she talks about killing but I didn't think I have to do that before

Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 5:00pm (PST)
Just do everything they say and hopefully you be good to go...Otherwise, i dont know...( If it doesnt work try to start over, reload an earlier saved game and find yourself a good walkhtrough on ex. wiki or u-tube ...)

Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 5:01pm (PST)
Alright will do

Author:   NathNightmare
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 8:11pm (PST)
quote grizz
I went to falkreath and did what the jarl and he told me to talk to his steward and I did but she doesn't give me the option to buy land from her did miss something or is nenya not the person?
from what I remember there are 2 misc quests you have to do if you do some of them then go speak to him he will give you the option to buy land n.n

Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 8:15pm (PST)
quote NathNightmare
quote grizz
from what I remember there are 2 misc quests you have to do if you do some of them then go speak to him he will give you the option to buy land n.n
I restarted and it was there this time thanks for the help

Author:   x_pontifex_x
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 9:30pm (PST)
How do you purchase the other two plots? I did the quest in Dawnstar to stop the nightmares but nothing is available to me.

Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 8:00pm (PST)
quote x_pontifex_x
How do you purchase the other two plots? I did the quest in Dawnstar to stop the nightmares but nothing is available to me.
I own all three plots of land and it has always been the same procedure in every hold to purchase them. First you help the jarl with the quests he want, usually one or two and after that you need to serve the citizens in that hold and those quests are usually three... Should be that simple !!

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 8:31am (PST)
quote annak366
quote x_pontifex_x
I own all three plots of land and it has always been the same procedure in every hold to purchase them. First you help the jarl with the quests he want, usually one or two and after that you need to serve the citizens in that hold and those quests are usually three... Should be that simple !!
to get the other two do you get a letter from them or do you go to them and what towns are they?

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 10:49am (PST)
I only got the letter from the thane of Falkreath. The other two are Downstar and Winterhold.... Go to the holds and speek to the jarls...

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 10:51am (PST)
Ah ok thanks I was thinking I had to get a letter from the other two

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 10:56am (PST)
quote grizz
Ah ok thanks I was thinking I had to get a letter from the other two
Nope

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.