Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best sword for a assassin - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1819068-best-sword-for-assassin/

Author:   The shadow wolf
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 1:19am (PST)
Subject:   Best sword for a assassin
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys if you could tell me what is the best assassin sword thanks

Author:   blackomega34
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 3:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: Best sword for a assassin
If by 'sword' you mean any one-handed weapon, I would suggest you use daggers instead.

If you mean a weapon under the 'sword' category, the nightingale blade is an easy one to obtain. Otherwise, go with the best sword you can get (Daedric, Ebony, Glass, Orcish, Elven, Dwarven, Steel or Iron. In descending order)

Author:   malyn varen
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 10:53am (PST)
For low levels I suggest Bolar's Oathblade, it is good, easy to get and resembles Akaviri Katana.
I for one go for this weapon the first thing after I escape Helgen.

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 11:09am (PST)
Mehrunes Razor is always a handy tool. It never runs out of charge either.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 3:35pm (PST)
Damage wise Blade of Woe. However, since that takes getting all the way through the Dark Brotherhood, the next best option is Mehrune's Razor.

I assume you meant daggers obviously...

Author:   Magic
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 11:16pm (PST)
If by, "Assassin's Sword" you mean, "Daggers" then the Razor of Mehrunes Dagon can easily be considered one of the best Daggers for an Assassin Build. Reaching Level 15 will provoke a Courier to hand you an invitation to the Museum in Dawnstar, which activates the Daedric Quest.

The "Blade of Woe" however, is usually consider the best Dagger for an Assassin, although you must finish the entire Dark Brotherhood Storyline before obtaining it.

Author:   swk3000
Date:   Jan 18, 13 at 12:54am (PST)
Mehrune's Razor can't be gotten at Level 15, as the quest doesn't start until you hit Level 20.

In terms of Daggers, your best ones are:

Blade of Woe: Tied with the Dragonbone Dagger for best damage. Get 70 Pickpocket and spend 4 perks, and you can get it from Astrid the moment you meet her. Or pickpocket it off of her in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Going through the Dark Brotherhood is not required.

Dragonbone Dagger: Only available if you have Dawnguard. Same damage as the Blade of Woe, but you can add your own enchantments for even more damage.

Mehrune's Razor: Same damage as a Daedric Dagger, but honestly looks a heck of a lot better. Also, it's chance to kill is supposed to be 1%, but it's actually 2/101, which works out to 1.9%. Also, it's not an enchantment, so you never run out of charge for it.

Swords are generally not a weapon used by Assassins because they're not silent. All weapons except daggers create noise when you swing them, even if you don't hit anything. This can draw the attention of enemies, ruining your stealth and putting you into a fight against a bunch of enemies. However, if you're looking for the best Sword anyway, your best ones are either Chillrend when gotten after Level 46, or a Dragonbone Sword if you have Dawnguard.

Author:   Magic
Date:   Jan 18, 13 at 7:19pm (PST)
quote swk3000
Mehrune's Razor can't be gotten at Level 15, as the quest doesn't start until you hit Level 20.
Seriously? Odd. I thought you were able to obtain it at Level 15 for some odd reason. Thanks for the correction on that!

quote swk3000
Blade of Woe: Tied with the Dragonbone Dagger for best damage. Get 70 Pickpocket and spend 4 perks, and you can get it from Astrid the moment you meet her. Or pickpocket it off of her in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Going through the Dark Brotherhood is not required.
Alternatively, if you simply choose to kill her and Destroy the Dark Brotherhood instead, you can obtain the blade with that method as well.

Author:   Exquisious
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 3:45pm (PST)
quote swk3000
I haven't even hit level 20 with any of my characters yet but the courier has given me the invitation.

Author:   Pilaf
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 3:15pm (PST)
There's another dagger that's pretty easy to get at very low levels. Just go to Falkreath and ask the Innkeeper about work. If you get a quest to check on some local hunters, you can clear out a pretty easy dungeon and get a steel dagger that has a huge critical hit chance, which is great for stealth kills.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.